We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Message From Player Since 2007

I do not ever post on the forums, but I have to vent, so I apologize in advanced. Over the Years, I have supported this game, time and time again. This is all good, but the greed has gone too far. I am happy that finally, the company shows that they have a heart and are allowing players to get access to the expansion until the end of April. But what about after this? Why does it take a plague for this company to do what is right?

A perfect TINY example of what we deal with: I spend roughly $2.50 USD for a crafting speed increase. I use it, my universal crafting tool immediately breaks. I run and repair, then back to the forge. The buff has expired and I have wasted $2.50. This is not a huge deal for me, but what about someone who used a couple hundred points from their monthly allotted amount and then just lost out on it like this?

The point is, I am fine with financial whales supporting this game, as I have done it plenty over the years. I alone have spent roughly 8000 dollars USD since 2007. With that being said, Why can't we provide others with the expansion for a cheaper price when I am certain there are others like me that have put a lot of money into the game? I know several of my kinnies have done the same. I personally am not mad at what happened with the crafting potion, but it is a great example as to why ALL 12 of my real life friends have stopped playing in the last year and a half.

I am tired of seeing people who have played with me for the past 8-10+ years quitting now due to the greed of this company. We invest into it because we love this game and we love the lore. However, they are taking advantage of us at this point. Look at the LOTRO market and tell me why the last 2 expansions are still at the price they are. Please consider making some changes...

I agree with you entirely.

The total cost of entry into this game now is what, approximately 100+ USD? It's out of control. That doesn't even include the MASSIVE quality of life improvements you really don't "Need" but "should buy" from the LOTRO store.

It's disgusting.

I very much like the approach path of exile takes: The game itself is free, and apart from inventory slots all other stuff you can buy for real money is purely cosmetic. Plus there are expansion specific cosmetics plus points bundles you can purchase.
    Or with other MMOs, where the most recent expansion costs money, and you get the ones before also. So steady players buy each expansion anyways, and new players have the benefit of an easier entry into the game (with the option, to purchase level increases, if they want to jump to endgame right away, so you also earn money that way). You also might offer the 2nd newest expansion for 50%, and throw in all the old content. Considering how each expansion has some gameplay included which is only valid for that level range, the older content is the less useful it is (e.g. mounted combat..), so the less value it has (lore and landscape excepted).

Lotro is a scam

Scam
    1. Exploitative Pricing(months after MM release and ultimate fan pack is $130!)
    2. 2010 level content...very little voice acting, poor animations, old combat systems, decent text but very poor story animation and cinematics. Keep in mind they have updated anything to keep up with changes in gaming. The high elf intro was a decent try.
    3. LI is pure scam
    4. Legendary server...just a server copy, and some region clean ups that actually broke these regions for months. Scam
    5. I am sure revenues have dropped so they have to act like they aren't scamming...LI fix, New Legendary server that is unique!, and much much more! Scam
    6. The starter zones, free zones, are 13 years old with some cosmetic changes, and are still some of the most playable parts of the game. And they encourage you to skip these zones to get to the scam end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonefighter7364 View Post
    I do not ever post on the forums, but I have to vent, so I apologize in advanced. Over the Years, I have supported this game, time and time again. This is all good, but the greed has gone too far...

I am tired of seeing people who have played with me for the past 8-10+ years quitting now due to the greed of this company. We invest into it because we love this game and we love the lore. However, they are taking advantage of us at this point.

Dear Devs,

If you can read these heartfelt words of a longtime supporter of your company, and not realize that there are MANY other customers who feel the exact same way..well...then I don't know what to say.

To the OP...thanks for finally speaking up and sharing your frustrations.

Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Quote Originally Posted by wallymason View Post
    Scam
    1. Exploitative Pricing(months after MM release and ultimate fan pack is $130!)
    2. 2010 level content...very little voice acting, poor animations, old combat systems, decent text but very poor story animation and cinematics. Keep in mind they have updated anything to keep up with changes in gaming. The high elf intro was a decent try.
    3. LI is pure scam
    4. Legendary server...just a server copy, and some region clean ups that actually broke these regions for months. Scam
    5. I am sure revenues have dropped so they have to act like they aren't scamming...LI fix, New Legendary server that is unique!, and much much more! Scam
    6. The starter zones, free zones, are 13 years old with some cosmetic changes, and are still some of the most playable parts of the game. And they encourage you to skip these zones to get to the scam end game.
    Then why are you here? Why are you still playing? Why are you posting?

If I truly believed what you wrote above, I wouldn't have anything to do with the game and have moved on. I've done it in other games. Until players not only put the proverbial money where their mouth is, but also cease logging in (in FTP games, log in metrics are also valuable), SSG has little reason to change anything.

Thread is being closed due to personal attacks and harassment. We are sorry your universal crafting ingredient broke, OP, and do thank you for being a part of the community.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool