We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Now that the Producer's Letter is here...

... the only (for me) good new is Gundabad. Anything else kinda reads and sounds like a recycle (BBs and Skirmishes v2 inc). And like prophesied no word about lag, servers etc.
    Underwhelming news for 2020 tbh.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

It's pretty clear that this year is a filler year so they can focus on the gundubad expansion. Pretty standard in mmo development. Not the most exciting time from a player perspective but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    ... the only (for me) good new is Gundabad. Anything else kinda reads and sounds like a recycle (BBs and Skirmishes v2 inc). And like prophesied no word about lag, servers etc.
    Well, game producer more about main source of game developement. I don't understand why you think what he needs to talk about lags. It's more for technical side guys.

Only good news for me is the LI upgrade.
    Although they've been touting it for years and we were aching for it for at least 4 years now and how the VXP and hobbit presents play out now, I am nervous about this update.

For example, the hunter bow is saturated with good legacies while the sword is saturated with BAD legacies. I can only think of 3 melee legacies that are good as well as 9-10 ranged legacies.
    For an example of what I'd like to see: upshot, hunter damage over time, focus bow critical multiplier and induction bow critical multiplier moved to our melee LI.

Since strength stance is probably never going to be anywhere near as good as precision stance, why not combine them both?

Also, another good LI update would be to make 2 handed weapons make up for the loss of off-hand weapon stats. (and shields for captain and guard)

Just by making it so that scrolls of empowerment adds 1 tier to each legacy would go a long way.

Also, VXP system is good, only if you are a high enough level to not cap your virtues ever so quickly. Even then, you won't have enough to get all of them maxed if you do every deed.
    PS - I noticed the other day that most of Mordor deeds do not grant any VXP. This is probably true for other places as but Mordor has so many deeds that need VXP rewards.

...we can all start complaining about how underwhelming the letter was, instead of that there hasn't been one yet. A "whinge-shift"...if you will.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    ...we can all start complaining about how underwhelming the letter was, instead of that there hasn't been one yet. A "whinge-shift"...if you will.

"But in the next moment I cursed myself for being so great a fool as to dream of hope at all." -Edgar Allan Poe

In the early summer we will see our first Challenge League, which is a new temporary server that allows players to fight each other for honor, with the defeated required to retreat from the battlefield, rally themselves, and move back into the world to continue the fight. The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to complete Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn milestones for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leader-board. Will you rush to honor your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

So, is this PvP? It sounds like it, I'm a little nervous it might be a failed attempt like Osgiliath, or even worse with NPC involvement it might turn into epic battles 2.0....I just hope it doesn't kill Moors PvP.

In any case, I always appreciate the communication and am glad something is out there. Some of the stuff looks pretty interesting, but as someone who is actively engaged in end game for the first time since Shadows of Angmar it all feels like the current grind (which is painful and full of class imabalance), is just going to become irrelevant in a few months. I guess that's how MMO's are. I really wish they would have mentioned something about class changes, if hunters don't get fixed soon I don't know how much longer I can keep paying for this game.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

A new Legendary Server feels like a real slap in the face to those of us who've made our home on the current ones only to be almost completely neglected by SSG for the better part of the last year.

They *still* haven't fixed the item level of the Erebor armour sets, and we're almost two months into the expansion. It took almost a month for them to even *unlock* them in the skirmish camp after they knee-jerk changed everything to be locked until L100 after they totally spaced out at L75 and made 1st Ages barterable from the skirmish camp for 30 minutes.

How are we going to get ANY support on the current LS when we'll be splitting resources with yet another? We're already subsisting on the bare minimum of attention. Why not just make changes/improvements to the *current* Legendary Servers?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    A new Legendary Server feels like a real slap in the face to those of us who've made our home on the current ones only to be almost completely neglected by SSG for the better part of the last year.

They *still* haven't fixed the item level of the Erebor armour sets, and we're almost two months into the expansion. It took almost a month for them to even *unlock* them in the skirmish camp after they knee-jerk changed everything to be locked until L100 after they totally spaced out at L75 and made 1st Ages barterable from the skirmish camp for 30 minutes.

How are we going to get ANY support on the current LS when we'll be splitting resources with yet another? We're already subsisting on the bare minimum of attention. Why not just make changes/improvements to the *current* Legendary Servers?
    I'm discouraged and sad. I'm convinced now I made a mistake investing my time and money in the LS.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    I liked skirmishes, Big Battles even more so I dont mind. They're engaging instances that lets you take part in battles while telling stories. I applaud big battles. Finally a way for solo players to get som gear or participate in the endgame. I dont believe their loot scale beyond 120 which is a shame
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

More Servers?this is a very good idea..the Serverperformance and Lags are not enough,from time to time i can play the game between the lags.
    all servers are virtuell...is this right that SSG have one physical Server?

"The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes."

I don't like this premise at all! The sons of Elrond at odds with each other as to who is the greatest or who would make the best leader, even garnering divisive support amongst the free peoples to the point where they come to blows with each other? Seriously? What would King Aragorn and Queen Arwen think of this? It doesn't make any sense and most certainly would never happen in any version of Tolkien's telling of Middle-earth.

I don't understand why this new PvP server can't be based on the already well established PvMP system. If Freeps want to battle each other then let them choice which side they are on - Creeps or Freeps? I suppose you could even have Creeps siding with the Freeps if they wanted to.

I would have made it more of "The New Kingdom of Gondor" against all that would oppose her kind of thing. Middle-earth at the beginning of the Fourth Age was still composed of many different societies of men, dwarves, elves, hobbits and other races. Surely there must have been some opposition within some if not all these races (and not just from the orcs and former servants to Sauron) to King Elessar at the beginning of his reign and perhaps even during the entirety of it?

Nope, not on board with this at all! <shakes head in bewilderment>
    Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I'm discouraged and sad. I'm convinced now I made a mistake investing my time and money in the LS.
    Yep, saw this coming when they started discussing a new LS. The old ones are a failed experiment now that they've milked all the cash they can from them. Part of why I left Ithil. Stick with the normal servers if you're going to play at all.
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

I like almost everything that was said, but like any game/MMO you can't please everyone, always some are going to complain and not like something, and generally for some things that's good feedback, but I'd wait see it first before judging a system.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post

Ironically, this was the exact same argument made by many on the "regular" servers, when SSG announced they were first starting the "legendary" ones.

Apparently this is becoming the new norm with SSG...rather than dealing with deep problems which already exist, they simply fire up a NEW EXCITING SERVER to distract many players from the existing mess.

I'm just sad that they aren't doing anything for crafting

I'm pleased about the legendary server as I missed a lot of the last one and level 60 times were my favourite.

I hope I can win the lottery one day and give LOTRO the funding it needs to be as awesome as it could be! I do miss the old days, I'd pay so much for a vanilla server but I guess they lost that code long ago.
    Proud Member of Doombiscuits

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    "The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes."

I don't like this premise at all! The sons of Elrond at odds with each other as to who is the greatest or who would make the best leader, even garnering divisive support amongst the free peoples to the point where they come to blows with each other? Seriously? What would King Aragorn and Queen Arwen think of this? It doesn't make any sense and most certainly would never happen in any version of Tolkien's telling of Middle-earth.

You're right, of course. From a Lore standpoint, this takes insanity to a whole new level. And after the last couple of years...that's saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    You're right, of course. From a Lore standpoint, this takes insanity to a whole new level. And after the last couple of years...that's saying something!
    Well there was the time elves hunted down and murdered other elves over a stone, which led to the destruction of several elf havens. Elrond knows something about it. So a friendly argument between twin brothers isn't too extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    Well there was the time elves hunted down and murdered other elves over a stone, which led to the destruction of several elf havens. Elrond knows something about it. So a friendly argument between twin brothers isn't too extreme.

You got "friendly argument" out of the Letter? Certainly seemed like a whole lot more than that is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    You got "friendly argument" out of the Letter? Certainly seemed like a whole lot more than that is going on.
    temporary server, seems to me its just a non-canon gateway to something PvP which falls outside the rest of the game itself similar to a mini-game/game mode which is going to need a premise. Personally it holds no interest to me. PvP is basically dead at this point and is something ive put behind me. Like someone else suggested, just level cap the moors and keep it stuck in a legacy state.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    [I] just hope it doesn't kill Moors PvP.
    What is dead may never die.

Color me underwhelmed. Other than a new region and the LI revamp, none of this interests me. I have no interest in PVP, especially not if I'm stuck on the side of one of the Bobsey Twins. I have almost as little interest in another "legendary" server with some Eye of Sauron effect added on top of it.

I'm also cynical enough to expect that the LI revamp will replace the current grind with a different one that requires more LP or mithril coins to bypass than the current one does.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 119 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 130 | Bindore dwarf hunter 112

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 130 | Bufflekil stout-axe hunter 123 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 109

Quote Originally Posted by Theozor View Post
    I have no interest in PVP, especially not if I'm stuck on the side of one of the Bobsey Twins.

lol Exactly! We've gone from fighting off Sauron's army to now, watching this game turn two mighty Elf warriors into spoiled brats?

"I'm tougher than you are!"

"No you're not!!"

"Yes I am...Dad said so!"

"Well, Mom always said I was her favorite!"

"You're full of it! YOU'RE the REAL reason Mom sailed into the West years ago!"

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!"

"MAKE ME!!"

"DAAAAAAAAAAD, MAKE HIM STOP!!!!"

Temporary server, that another DDO thing? With gear so dependant on restrictive currency and the pay option to circumvent it then skill takes a back seat to $$$ again. A worthy Leader Board? Even if matched your NJ player has distinct advantages over the rest of the world. I'm assuming 6 months of lost transfer mechanic was the player cost in realising this tech? These guys are joined at the hip, the idea of a rivalry? Chromite can't be happy with this state of affaires, no bonfire option?

Dwarf Allegiance 3.0, oh dear. Everyone we align ourselves with lets us down.

ILI replacement, little evidence it's not going to be an even bigger cash cow and/or grind. Suspicion it will be all the former if Keys are anything to go by. Great, mark our efforts in some way but how does it help the newcomers to it? Essence like tech still? So constant upgrades every other week to keep it relevant? Has the last year making the scroll cost/grind worse funded the revamp work now?

Virtue ranking up concerns ignored for a year, again the newcomers offered only the store to "hope" for some parity. When is the VXP token carry-all coming to the store, instead of making the tokens actually stackable?

Crafting travesty to continue. But we can always crit when we really want. Except now we are getting things we can crit but have the RND decide the final item is actually not so ideal, can even buy on the AH and be disappointed if not a crafter yourself.

New stuff to trudge through, hitching and swerving, great. Already in Use. Ingold: "Is this this the thousandth time you've been to Minas Tirith"

It's just not Lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post

I don't understand why this new PvP server can't be based on the already well established PvMP system.

Nope, not on board with this at all! <shakes head in bewilderment>
    Welden
    While we have disagreed on some points in the past, I am in agreement with you today. Just to pick a relative famous quote, "We're not in Kansas anymore".

Though my agreement comes from a different position, it is agreement nonetheless. I have absolutely no interest in another new PvMP scenario and certainly not one that places an opposite, polar diametric to the Tolkien trilogy and Tolkien's larger universe. Plainly and boldly put. It's just wrong.

For years it was said by more than one person from Turbine and SSG that Freeps would never fight competitively in opposition to each other outside of sparring. Stated as a prerequisite to licensing. So all that past talk were lies or license bargaining has changed. In either case this situation as described, loses face. I'm not going to dig through years of text, quotes, and other varied info sources to back what I'm saying here today. My memory is far longer than my teeth.

What ever the case and its components, this endeavour will not work. It certainly is not worth another server. How do I know? Umm, two words. Legendary Server. Touted as the next coming revival and as of today the evidence is overwhelming. Dead in their tracks. A hole for anti-social wreckage. Praised as a home away from trolls and yet it became a harbor for passive aggressive sameness. About the only thing those servers did was allow a consensual agreement for self-identifying separation. Which by the way was a temporary sanity,reprieve for the old original servers.

I said more than once in the last two years if PvMP was fixed, it would not be the fix players ask for, for years. That instead it would be a grindy monetized demon. Now to hear those past sentiments could be and are likely true, and in addition more Lore breaking than I could have ever imagined. I can say it is the perfect trifecta where the horse keels over before the first furlong.

I'll not jump in the hot air balloon and crash land in OZ.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast