We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

This is why I won't spend any mithril coins on mounts

It would really be nice if all mounts had 250 health. The game is waaaaaay past the level 50 days. There are some really nice looking mounts sold by the festival vendor that have only 100 health. At that amount of health, modern mobs in places like Gondor, Dale, Iron Hills and so on only have to breath on a mount and you get dismounted.

It's a shame because some of those 100 health mounts look really nice. This morning I was looking at those and had to pass them up for that reason.

You guys want people to buy from the Store right? An account wide 250 health feature like the 78% speed feature would work.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    It would really be nice if all mounts had 250 health. The game is waaaaaay past the level 50 days. There are some really nice looking mounts sold by the festival vendor that have only 100 health. At that amount of health, modern mobs in places like Gondor, Dale, Iron Hills and so on only have to breath on a mount and you get dismounted.

It's a shame because some of those 100 health mounts look really nice. This morning I was looking at those and had to pass them up for that reason.

You guys want people to buy from the Store right? An account wide 250 health feature like the 78% speed feature would work.
    Howzabout:

Master Riding Skill - account wide for about 10% higher LP price than Journeyman. All features of Journeyman plus 250 HP rating for all horses.

Master Riding Upgrade - account wide upgrade for existing Journeyman costing the diff between Journeyman and Master. Just raises the HP.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

You doing it wrong mate. The entire idea of fancy mounts is to be shown to other ppl. You dont care about your mount hp in places like bree or big battles....
    For all the rest you have your "trusty" war steed or your sexy goat, if need to slow a bit....
    Hope this help ya

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Howzabout:

Master Riding Skill - account wide for about 10% higher LP price than Journeyman. All features of Journeyman plus 250 HP rating for all horses.

Master Riding Upgrade - account wide upgrade for existing Journeyman costing the diff between Journeyman and Master. Just raises the HP.

NO!!!
    The last thing i want to see is hobbits riding their hobby horses in pelenor fields giving a f/k about the 100 orcs bashing them.
    Same with other fancy mounts. You dont go to war with your wedding suit on.... There are enough "war" mounts and plenty of show off ones. I see no problem.
    Last edited by Pavlin; Mar 26 2020 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    You doing it wrong mate. The entire idea of fancy mounts is to be shown to other ppl. You dont care about your mount hp in places like bree or big battles....
    For all the rest you have your "trusty" war steed or your sexy goat, if need to slow a bit....
    Hope this help ya

NO!!!
    The last thing i want to see is hobbits riding their hobby horses in pelenor fields giving a f/k about the 100 orcs bashing them.
    Same with other fancy mounts. You dont go to war with your wedding suit on.... There are enough "war" mounts and plenty of show off ones. I see no problem.

Nope. The cosmetic system is a HUGE part of this game. Don't believe me, just look around next time you're in game. And there are already lots of fancy mounts with 250 health. All I'm suggesting is bringing the rest up to par.

Hope this help ya

NO!!!
    Hobby horse cannot be ridden in dangerous places. It is restricted to safe areas like inside towns and such.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Honestly, it wouldn't make any difference to me. I won't pay 70 MC for old horses, no matter what they look like, how fast they run or what health they have. They are "old" assets. Because I am missing a few of these mithril horses on my horse collector, she no longer tries to keep up with her collection either, and has stopped at 159/195. Most of the ones she needs now are store steeds, but, because of the old festival mithril steeds, she'll probably never buy them.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

250 health? lol!!!!
    mounts should get a buff depending the lvl of area used! at lvl 130 areas they should have 25k health! not 250!
    war steeds needs revamp too!!!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Thumbs up

Nope. The cosmetic system is a HUGE part of this game. Don't believe me, just look around next time you're in game. And there are already lots of fancy mounts with 250 health. All I'm suggesting is bringing the rest up to par.
    Yes it is. I agre 100%. Just look at the "Cosmetics and Appearances" Forum Sub section. The thread " Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit", link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...outfit/page228 It was started back in 2009. At the time of posting this it has 228 pages and 5.684 replies, as well as 3,150,119 views. Yes THREE MILLION+. It's still active and constantly having screenshots of outfits added to it by players.

However I would much rather see more mounts and cosmetics (not just dresses and such) added as rewards to various content. Like more new nice looking armour skins and such, as it's also an incentive to play content. I do like that they added new unique skins to the latest raid for example. I have also played Throne just to gather tokens to barter for those armour parts, not for the stats, as the stats are outdated now, but for their looks. Same with some other instances that drop unique looking bows and such.

I really liked what they did in Dunland for example. In many quests You get to chose rewards of very nice looking (in my opinion) armour pieces. You can chose so that You get a full sets for most classes. The so called Dunland sets, link: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armor_SetsIt makes Dunland worth replaying to collect all sets. If You make mounts and cosmetics mostly available in the store and You kill a big incentive from some to play the game to earn them. Sure add some to the store, as I understand that their needs to be revenues created for SSG/Daybreak, but the vast majority should still be earnable in-game. Not just hidden behind raids, but various skins rewarded from all kinds of content. Pretty much like it is now. If SSG moves away from that and becomes more like BDO or STO where nice skins are more or less only from store, then I see almost no reason to play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    ...mounts should get a buff depending the lvl of area used! at lvl 130 areas they should have 25k health! not 250!
    war steeds needs revamp too!!!...
    I do agree on that. However 25K health for regular mounts seems a bit over the top. Even at 250 it takes some hits to be thrown off, but yes raise it a bit, maybe 400 to 500. Although with War-Steeds in 130 areas it's enough with some damaging aura from mobs, or some range damage and You end up face down on the Ground in 1-2 hits of that. So war-Steeds definetly needs an upgarde to be on par with level cap. Very annoying when doing the Nazgul runs for example. It sometimes ends up with some poor participant getting thrown off, then arriving late and missing some Nazgul and even sometimes not get the number needed for the weekly and must hope to join another run and do themn all again to get the ones they missed. On the other hand You could see that as one of the challanges to that run, maybe even the only real challange, he he he !!!

Most leader of the Nazgul runs though are nice and acctually tells all to wait for all, if someone don't and starts hitting a Nazgul they get kicked or told off. Then people will justs stick to slow dfps like auto attacks until the one that got thrown off his/her mount arrives.

Hope this help ya

NO!!!
    I don't see how you can avoid this even without any changes to mount Morale.

You can't ride the hobby horse in the Pelennor, only in town. As for the fancy horse or goat mounts, I frequently ride mine in areas with a high density of mobs that are gray to me. If lag is bad on a particular night I'll even ride them on-level so I can avoid getting aggroed due to lag and rubber banding. Otherwise I'll ride a war horse, which I often have decked out in the flashiest cosmetic armor that I've ever gotten from a festival.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com