We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Count me in too. However it's called "cultivating" a beard, he he he !!!

(taking notes) Does that require fertilizer?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    (taking notes) Does that require fertilizer?
    Eheh!

Mostly I was joking with that "cultivate" thing of course. I have acctually noticed that of course corporations and beuaty comnpanies have taken notice of this whole thing ans there is a ton of beuty products now and whatnot for beards. Evene specialized barber shops have popped up here that of course also cut hars, but make the "beard" thing a big thing in their percieved marketing image.

Personally I'm more old school. I got some beard oil from a friend and his wife, but never even used it. All I do is trim and wash my beard and let it self dry, just like with my hair (usually at the same time, as I take a shower anyway). Nothing fancy really. However I have seen videos with guides on how to care for Your beard, some even blow dry it and brush it, then add special moisturizers, salt water etc to make it keep a certain shape and such. Seriously though, if I have to put that much work and effort in it I might as well start shaving. To me having a beard saves me the trouble of having to shave each day to have a clean shaven face. If it starts giving me alot of work I don't see the point. I guess I'm too much old style and "a cave man" rather than a fashionable beard cultivater, he he he !!!

I dug up one such video I saw some time back. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to disrespect anyone. If some want to make this such a fashionable look and put so much work and effort in a beard that is up to them of course. Go for it. It definetly makes the beard look very nice and well managed. However it's nothing for me personally. Seems like way too much time and effort to put in ones look. Definetly for me anyway. Maybe I'm just too lazy to care that much. I have a more "rough" cave man look than that I guess, probably as I'm too lazy, as I said. Maybe I'm also "lucky" in a way that my hair is kind of thicker and stiff, so it mostly just stay whatever shape I trim it.

YouTube Link: How I Style my Beard | Greg Berzinsky

Spending almost 8 minutes (like in the video, although he says 3 min) each day on only my beard is a big NO NO for me. The most time I spend in the bathroom daily infront of a mirror (after a shover) is brush my teeth and then I'm done after putting on some deo too. My hair I put in a pony tail or top knot, but more frequently wear a cap or beanie so it's rarely even visible. That makes it easy as pie. lol The less work I have to put into my "look" the better. As long as I feel clean and fresh and don't smell of sweat I'm satisfied. Trimming my beard once maybe twice a week at the most. Most often only once. Again maybe I'm just "lucky" that my beard does not fly around like the guys beard seem to do in the video unles he fixes and works with it. Also I dont keep my beard quite as long as the guys in the video (nor as much white/grey as he have, but more brown'ish/dark brown, almost black), that also helps in making it not fly in every direction I guess.

Acctually I'm pretty much the same with clothes too. My friends says I have a "Donald Duck" closet. Tons out clothes all looking very similar. Like I can buy 5 black college shirts, 5 black T-shirts, 5 dark grey, 5 light grey, 3 white beaines, 3 grey beanies, 3 black beanies (all about same model, plus a few odd ones). 5-7 pair of more or less the same jeans. Then I don't have to waste time thinking what to wear. I wear mostly grey or black with an occasional white detail like a white beaine. Again to not have to worry about it and just grab the clean clothes while the dirty ones goes into the washer. Also I really don't enjoy running in shopping malls, clothes or shoe stores, so when I find something that fits I buy a bunch of it at the same time. Most jackets I have are black too, or some dark colour (dark green, dark brown etc). People who don't know me probably thinks I have the same clothes on most the time (which I don't), but I don't care and I do it like that anyway as it's convenient for me. Suits I do have ranging from grey, to black to dark blue and even a khaki (beige one out of linen), as well as grey, white, black and light blue shirts to go with them (along with usually one colour ties, not alot of patterns and stuff), but happily I rarely need to use any of them. Funny thing that in LoTRO I do spend alot of time going after certain looks and outfits (armour skins) in contrast do what I do irl. I guess that is part of a kind of Roleplaying and being immersed in a different world/enviroment. I am pretty vain about my characters looks in the game.

Not sure about others in here. How much effort and time do You guys put on Your beards or look/appearance in general irl ??? Is it wrong not wanting to have too much work with it irl ??? To not want to spend alot of time fiddling with Your own looks/appearance irl ???
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Mar 31 2020 at 07:14 AM.

hehehe that "after" pic reminds me of a schnauzer right after it's been to the groomer...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    hehehe that "after" pic reminds me of a schnauzer right after it's been to the groomer...
    Eheh!

Darn it You're right, he he he !!!

(circa 2015)

Unkempt:

Kempt:

As to the "how long" question, I run a comb through mine as I head out to work. That's it.
    The 'kempt' pic here was after I'd spent a little time trimming, but for the most part, it grows as it grows.

I need some tusks...

Last edited by Devolved; Mar 31 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Devolved View Post
    (circa 2015)

Unkempt:

Kempt:

As to the "how long" question, I run a comb through mine as I head out to work. That's it.
    The 'kempt' pic here was after I'd spent a little time trimming, but for the most part, it grows as it grows.

I need some tusks...

Woah, what a mighty beard. I'm humbled in it's presence. The beard that my person is attached to, I guess is more like Chris Pine in Outlaw King (but dark brown), just a tad bit longer in the middle on the chin, or like the before and after guy at the bottom of that post I guess.

I also salute and admire Your courage for posting selfies. I have a few times thought of starting a thread like "How do You look irl" in the forums, as I am really curious how all the people we communicate with looks irl. Get a face to the person we exchange ideas and opinions with with.

I know they have one such sticky thread in the Arkenstone Server Sub Forum, called Faces Of Arkenstone, link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...enstone/page22

However then I'm always stopped my my own shyness, but even more by my fear of that the image could be used for something else. Possibly the head photoshopped into some other situation or someone elses body etc, or even worse getting doxxed by someone recognizing me from real life. A female friend of mine had both of that happen to her. She almost lost her job due to some idiot having photoshopped her face from photos on some social media onto another female naked body. Then her boss found that image (or had it linked to him most likley by that same idiot) and not wanting that sort of behaviour of one of his employees (as it could hurt the business). Happily the idiot doing it had photoshopped her face onto a body with a distinctive tattoo, so my friend could then take the boss wife with her, undress her upper body and show her that she does not have any tattoos. Then the wife could confirm that to her husband (the boss) that it could not be hers (my friends) body and that it was fake by someone wanting to ruin it for my friend.

It's so sick that stuff like that can even happen. When I did use social media back in the days, I was always very particular about having shades on or something else (a beanie, cap, halloween outfit and make-up, or very dark photos with shadows) on photos, at least making it harder for anyone to use my face for ID theft or anything like that.

Some people I have played with for years we have exchanged images with each other though. It's nice to have a face to go with the ones You talk to frequently. Some of us have even exchanged images of our Gaming set-ups and such. It's really nice to see and share stuff like that. Get an image in ones head to go with the one You play with in-game. In fact some I have playewd with for decades in various games, we even do vido calls sometimes. Have a video coffee and such. It's so fun when one of us is out in the area where we live and have video on and take the other for a tour around their city and favorite bars or coffeehouses.

Acctually that is another idea I have been toying with in my head. Starting a thread like "Show Us Your Gaming Set-Up", but not done so yet. Not sure if anyone would even want that.

In any case. A mighty beard that have You attached to it for sure !!! *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Yesterday at 09:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3