We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Talking Sometimes the npc dialogue is hilarious!

I was at the festival today, and while I was serving wine bottles to the various tables I ran across one lady complaining that another lady standing on the table was also standing in her plate. And that elf maiden in the shrew garden getting mad at hobbits thinking they knew everything about shrews was a hoot.

Sometimes the storylines and dialogue have me laughing out loud.

Well done devs, well done.

The most hilarious dialogue I've ever heard took place between two dwarves in Moria... Although, more precisely, it was not exactly a dialogue: the conversation took place between two pairs of dwarves, but in the chat their replicas intersected and it turned out this:

I've always loved the idea that there's all these random little conversations going on, as a role-player it's a huge help for immersion and bringing the world to life.
    Thuddi Stonehewn, The Loner, Guardian of The Arkenstone.
    Bjarrni Stonehewn, Champion of Erebor.

Agreed. Some of the writing in this game is hilarious. I also love the attention to Tolkien's original writing and the new story lines introduced in LotRO. Kudos to all the creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Agreed. Some of the writing in this game is hilarious. I also love the attention to Tolkien's original writing and the new story lines introduced in LotRO. Kudos to all the creators.
    My favorite is the dwarf in Noglond who occasionally says, "My wife's off in Thorin's Gate getting her beard braided."
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Gimli is always good for a laugh. In the Misty Mountains instance when you are fighting the Dourhands he's trash talking the entire time, but then:

"Oh, they have giants. This might take longer than I thought."

Or after the battle of Pelennor Fields. All the main NPC's are moping around and depressed about all the deaths. Not Gimli. He says the equivalent of:

"YES!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!"

Then there are the rather suspect vendors up in Angmar who seem to have an illicit business on the side of wanting to show you their wares (wink wink).