We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to NOT kill the Legendary Servers.

Simple proposal.

Once 105 arrives, do not, I repeat, DO NOT even think to move into Mordor after 4-5 months.
    Maintain 105 for AT LEAST 1 year. For those who forgot/don't know:

-Best endgame LotRO has ever had.
    -6 very good instances: SS, BotBS, QoH, DoS, SL, RC - and ALL of them give specific loot that is pretty much NEEDED in order to build an efficient toon.
    -ToDT: again, this is possibly the best Raid we ever had. ToO/Rift hardcore fans put it at least on the same level. It is exceptional.
    -Makes still sense to hunt for ALL the available Roving Threats.
    -Toss into the cauldron that even doing all BB's on a daily basis has its use.
    -Flower picking for eco-lovers. (why the violence? let's get the BiS rings + other cool stuff the peaceful way)
    -good luck to all the altoholics and completionists ijn dealing with the Wastes, if they have only 4 months available.

And, OF COURSE:

-o p e n t h e M o o r s a n d S u n d e r i n g ! ! !

Thoughts?
    Arenaan - 50 Champion (Snowbourn 2007) Ulderich 60 Champion (Snowbourn 2008) Ulderich II 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V 115 Champion (Evernight 2012-2017) Angbohr and Hateful (Anor 2018-present day)

How can they kill something that is already dead?

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    How can they kill something that is already dead?
    Are you playing on either LS at this time?

I come bearing no high pretence... I'm only worried that after more than a month since RoR release we still have SO many unaddressed, unacknowledged issues with LIs and gear scaling, with boring loot, and ruined gold items, that I don't think there will be many active players left by the time lvl 95 comes.
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I come bearing no high pretence... I'm only worried that after more than a month since RoR release we still have SO many unaddressed, unacknowledged issues with LIs and gear scaling, with boring loot, and ruined gold items, that I don't think there will be many active players left by the time lvl 95 comes.
    Can't say that I disagree at all. This last update has been awful. That is why I asked the other person posting here if they were playing on the LS at this time.

I've seen a lot of posts by many people generally saying the LS have been dead for some time, and in a larger sense this is true compared to the volume on the other servers. Yet the reality is there are still few hundred people actively playing between both these two servers combined. They are a lot of genuinely lovely people too, trying to make the best of it, enjoy the community they have been a part of, and generally still ready to have some fun despite the problems. Its a shame that some folks seem to have missed what that really means in the context of a f2p game that is now 13 yrs old.

What I can't fully get my head around is why they are so unwilling to do anything to even TRY to improve the experience for people there, especially when we know that much of what could be done is relatively simple to achieve and minimally impacts dev resources. They want to improve revenue yet are turning their backs on a ready opportunity ripe with possibilities to do just that.

It's not clear to me what they expected, frankly. But seems to me if you launch a business and it proves to fall short of what you wanted to achieve, then ffs pull the plug and be done with it, as opposed to wallowing in avoidance veiled as lack of time to address the very problems you created in the first place. Limbo can only last for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Prialyss View Post
    Are you playing on either LS at this time?
    Nope it was a few weeks ago. It was maybe 200 non anon at the time. The world chat was almost dead and with all the issues they didn't care to fix made me quit.

It's dead in the sense of very low population and its evident when devs don't fix major issues that people have been asking for weeks before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Prialyss View Post

What I can't fully get my head around is why they are so unwilling to do anything to even TRY to improve the experience for people there,

They are pissed at those who left LotRO over the years. Those ingrates, how dare they! So their counter-move now is to piss off those who remained. Which is brilliant
    Arenaan - 50 Champion (Snowbourn 2007) Ulderich 60 Champion (Snowbourn 2008) Ulderich II 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V 115 Champion (Evernight 2012-2017) Angbohr and Hateful (Anor 2018-present day)

Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    They are pissed at those who left LotRO over the years. Those ingrates, how dare they! So their counter-move now is to piss off those who remained. Which is brilliant
    Your post might be sarcasm, and I am misreading it. But in case you think that this video game business is operated based on emotions towards customers like that that is highly improbable. I am convinced it actually is the simple explanation of being able to do X amount of changes to the game (be it additions or fixes) and Legendary servers being prioritized so low (for example through expected return on time investment) that these even small things do not get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Your post might be sarcasm
    You don't say?

But where I come from, I've been taught that business is many things. Even understanding that it might be time to ####, sell LotRO for the couple sacks of potatoes it is worth nowadays (thanks to mismanagement, not because of the customers) and let someone try to do something. Scammers, thieves and businessmen with delusions of grandeur too, they cannot take "emotions" into account. Well, not satisfying loyal customers' demands (another key-word) is vital in business, because if you don't, oh hello bankruptcy. But - I was referred in /world as a "Doom-speaker", "elitist", "toxic" etc. - of course those veterans who know LotRO better than the devs themselves (fact) are always barked upon by those who "LotRO is fine". Is it? When you cannot even fix the damn DPS on Legendary Weapons for ONE MONTH, how is it even possible to excuse them, or their awesome business model? Even now, the bleeding continues, kindly provided by those who were able at one point in history to introduce no new instances for how long, 3 years? Someone said that the definition of cretinism is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

I mean: can't we focus on what is being proposed here on this thread? Because the day I will own a MMO and find out that its community keeps on kissing my bum (not your case) no matter how hard I slap them in the face, I will probably behave like SSG, refusing to answer to any request and trying in vain to conjure the balls needed to perform a nice mea culpa...