We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Trigger Essence Procs

The Precise Healer's Moonlit Trigger Essence gives 20196 crit rating bonus and says that on heal, there is a 25% chance to apply a 5% crit buff for 10 seconds. It is classified as a Beneficence type essence, and should therefore be able to proc regardless of any Fury essences slotted. When I crafted this essence and began using it on my hunter, I was unable to get it to proc using any healing skills such as Press Onwards, Strength of the Earth or even Blood Arrow. My question is why do hunter healing skills not proc this essence? Is it because they are all self healing, and if so, is this an intended mechanic? It seems odd that this essence would be designed to only proc on group/fellow heals due to the vague description of "heal" on the essence. Either this item's description is poorly and equivocally written or this essence is not working as intended.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Methtimezzz View Post
    The Precise Healer's Moonlit Trigger Essence gives 20196 crit rating bonus and says that on heal, there is a 25% chance to apply a 5% crit buff for 10 seconds. It is classified as a Beneficence type essence, and should therefore be able to proc regardless of any Fury essences slotted. When I crafted this essence and began using it on my hunter, I was unable to get it to proc using any healing skills such as Press Onwards, Strength of the Earth or even Blood Arrow. My question is why do hunter healing skills not proc this essence? Is it because they are all self healing, and if so, is this an intended mechanic? It seems odd that this essence would be designed to only proc on group/fellow heals due to the vague description of "heal" on the essence. Either this item's description is poorly and equivocally written or this essence is not working as intended.
    This is the result of SSG's art of working: "create a system -> test it -> change it completely without any test in the last minute -> put then live"
    In the first beta this system was over complicated and extremely grind focused. (if you want see that: https://falkennest.org/armory/test/u254/u254-beta1.html)
    For the live patch SSG changed the entirely system with no chance to test it.

The good things are:
    - one level of RNG was removed from the system
    - the number of possible essences are reduced
    - secondary stats (like Crit. Outgoing(Incoming Healing ect) instead of Main-Stats

The bad things:
    - mix everything from the prior essences together with confusing and unclear descriptions as a result
    - no test how and if they are working

Quote Originally Posted by Methtimezzz View Post
    Likely self heal skills like those were not intended to be a trigger mechanic for the essence. However I would wager that Healing classes self/group heals would due to the nature of how the skill is classified. I’m sure this was a mechanic introduced to limit the chance that two 5% crit buffs could be applied at once despite being different types.
    ~ Anaxander R9 Warden, Karukh R12 Warg ~ Formerly of Elendilmir

Can someone explain to me how this Trigger Essence System works?
    1. Can the Critical Rating Trigger and Physical Mastery Trigger fire at the same time?
    2. If I add 5 Critical Rating Trigger Essences, will the trigger fire more often than if I have 1 Critical Rating Trigger? For example, within 5 minutes, 5 trigger essences will fire 4 times (no more than 30 sec), and if 1 essence - fire 2 times?
    Legacies U25: https://lotrotools.pw/legacies.html
    Ololo-trololo

Quote Originally Posted by PulseDiver2 View Post
    1. Can the Critical Rating Trigger and Physical Mastery Trigger fire at the same time?
    2. If I add 5 Critical Rating Trigger Essences, will the trigger fire more often than if I have 1 Critical Rating Trigger? For example, within 5 minutes, 5 trigger essences will fire 4 times (no more than 30 sec), and if 1 essence - fire 2 times?
    They are both fury essences, only one will trigger if you have both equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by PulseDiver2 View Post
    If you have 5 fury type trigger essences, such as the basic critical ones, you get 5 chances ON HIT to proc the 5% crit buff. So it gives you more chances on hit the more of the same trigger essence you have equipped. So the 25% proc chance stays the same no matter how many of the trigger essences you have, but you get more chances (always 25% chance) to proc that essence.

Fury vs benneficience

So, I put one crit chance/fury and one crit chance/bene... does this give same proc chance as 2 crit chance/fury as stated above or
    a 2nd crit chance while the first is still working since they do not block one another?

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by crushemall View Post
    So, I put one crit chance/fury and one crit chance/bene... does this give same proc chance as 2 crit chance/fury as stated above or
    a 2nd crit chance while the first is still working since they do not block one another?
    The second: if you use one crit chance/fury and one crit chance/bene, they are working independently. They may trigger both at the same time (not really, because you have to use skills to trigger the essence and that needs some time), or the second one can trigger 1, 2 3, etc. seconds after the first one triggered. They do not share the cool-down. Each of them has it's own cool-down and 25% chance for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    The second: if you use one crit chance/fury and one crit chance/bene, they are working independently. They may trigger both at the same time (not really, because you have to use skills to trigger the essence and that needs some time), or the second one can trigger 1, 2 3, etc. seconds after the first one triggered. They do not share the cool-down. Each of them has it's own cool-down and 25% chance for itself.
    Anyone clear on what triggers the Beneficience Critical Chance essence? Is it any heal that extends to others (e.g. Warden Conviction), only heals that are strictly other-targeted, or anything except a strictly self-heal? Will power heals trigger it?

I slotted Essence of the Beast, T7 essence, in a level 130 pocket item and tested it for several hours. From random crits to 100% crit chance using critical coordination. It never did work once. I tried with and without a t4 trigger essence and it made no difference. Although the T4 was working as intended. Hitting multiple enemies with the 3 hit lightning storm on a 100% crit still did nothing. Unless I'm somehow doing something wrong, it's broken. /sigh

Edit: Why are essence triggers not showing up as a benefit in combat logs?
    Last edited by Loox; Mar 27 2020 at 01:23 PM.

So, do all fury essences share the same CD? in other words, if I use two fury essences I get that they won't trigger at the same time, but can I get damage and crit trigger within the same 30 second window?

I don't get why this is so confusing, I love this game so much but my god the mechanics are just so freaking unclear.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter