We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugin setup for tanking on yellow Cappy

Hey guys! Here's a quick rundown of my current plugin setup for tanking. I main a Captain but these plugins would apply to any main tank as well, and could also benefit any class/role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y98VT9VQ8HI

Let me know what you think, and also if you've found any other plugins which may be helpful!

If you're new to plugins and need to learn how to install them onto LOTRO there are a lot of great guides around and I'll leave that to them.

You can reach me here or also on the Arkenstone server.

Evogrinn. 130 Captain: Arkenstone.

I found tonic bars extremely unuseful, bevy o' bars had much more functionality and offers certain triggers which are not broken unlike tonic bars.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

Good is that you show how to setup the captains Buffs.

If you load them for all chars you can then also see, if you are in range of the Captains buff, if you are not the the Captain.
    I use it for Rentless, Attackspeed and Damagebuff on the Hunter e.g.
    In Addion you see when to wake up the player that own also a Captain.....

I do not like the Tonic Bars, but that depend on personal preferences.
    I use Buffbars that offer me the right Tonic, when i get an effect. In addition i add also offer me the Muster Courage Skill to prevent the effect.
    Most will have in mind that you can use the skill only, when you can use your voice. So use the Tonic on the -mostly- fear the skill for the other effect.

I miss Sequence Bars, that becomes one of my favorite plugin.
    Here you can setup different sloted items.
    I use it primary to switch between armor pieces, jewells, and weapon/standart/shield/Symbol for Red, Heal, Red Solo and Tank (on my 85 Captain) but had that also in use on my other captain for Pieces one with options on different mits.
    In the End i can switch Trees (manual) and the Items that belong to that very fast.
    In special in Orthanc that was very nice to use, but i used it before also.

Herald summon skills i have in the 1st Bar, so i have the same order in all Skilltrees. (The both topbars are ever the same if you have all 5 active - you dont (see below).)
    The Marks i have in Bar 1&2 for the same option and i change them manualy, as i have one of the fields bind on a mouse key too. I common i start by useining the mark on target.

I had the gues, that you are missing a lot of skills in your bars - as my are very filled.
    But i think its only the outfight rez and you have no swapitems in your bars.

I really need to clean up my UI, it looks insane. I have so much in the center it's amazing I can still see where I'm going. Thanks for the video, found some things I can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    I found tonic bars extremely unuseful, bevy o' bars had much more functionality and offers certain triggers which are not broken unlike tonic bars.
    I'll look into it, thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Good is that you show how to setup the captains Buffs.

If you load them for all chars you can then also see, if you are in range of the Captains buff, if you are not the the Captain.
    I use it for Rentless, Attackspeed and Damagebuff on the Hunter e.g.
    In Addion you see when to wake up the player that own also a Captain.....

I do not like the Tonic Bars, but that depend on personal preferences.
    I use Buffbars that offer me the right Tonic, when i get an effect. In addition i add also offer me the Muster Courage Skill to prevent the effect.
    Most will have in mind that you can use the skill only, when you can use your voice. So use the Tonic on the -mostly- fear the skill for the other effect.

I use it primary to switch between armor pieces, jewells, and weapon/standart/shield/Symbol for Red, Heal, Red Solo and Tank (on my 85 Captain) but had that also in use on my other captain for Pieces one with options on different mits.
    In the End i can switch Trees (manual) and the Items that belong to that very fast.

Herald summon skills i have in the 1st Bar, so i have the same order in all Skilltrees. (The both topbars are ever the same if you have all 5 active - you dont (see below).)
    The Marks i have in Bar 1&2 for the same option and i change them manualy, as i have one of the fields bind on a mouse key too. I common i start by useining the mark on target.

I had the gues, that you are missing a lot of skills in your bars - as my are very filled.
    But i think its only the outfight rez and you have no swapitems in your bars.
    Some good points!! And yes I have my emblem swap bound to my mouse. That, OOC rez, and a few other things are in a hidden bar which will show when I open inventory. Thanks for your reply! I miss Sequence Bars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    For gear swapping I started using the plugin "Gear Up". It's easy to use, allows for many configs and doesn't have a cluttering interface. I can provide pics later.

I do like having extra bars tho, with my LM I feel like you guys feel on Cappy: there aren't enough quickslots
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden