We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New ornamentation ideas

Simple suggestion here ,
    It would be nice to expand a bit the weapon apparence as such :
    Add Spears available for replacing halberds on captains (since lot of pnj seems to use it that way)
    Add swords and daggers for Rune Keeper (as customization of course - intended for RP or just to look a bit cooler than carrying rocks )
    Add a slot in the back to put shields or quiver (instead of the mantle or over it either way it's cool, since the guardian can do it while shooting arrows)

It's some small features that add some nice quality of life for the game hope you'll agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anendir View Post
    Simple suggestion here ,
    It would be nice to expand a bit the weapon apparence as such :
    Add Spears available for replacing halberds on captains (since lot of pnj seems to use it that way)
    Add swords and daggers for Rune Keeper (as customization of course - intended for RP or just to look a bit cooler than carrying rocks )
    Add a slot in the back to put shields or quiver (instead of the mantle or over it either way it's cool, since the guardian can do it while shooting arrows)

It's some small features that add some nice quality of life for the game hope you'll agree on that.
    While the spear & halberd seems closely related, & the difference between both gets blurry on some weapons, at LOTRO they are 2 different kind. Spear is 1-hand weapon that can be dual wield with another smaller weapon or a shield, while halberd is 2-hand weapon. Captains can already use both & you may find some really fancy spears that you can cosmetically equip & RP with it as halberd. The other way is also truth, there are very plain halberd that you can cosmetically equip & RP with it as spear.

The story behind the RK is that they don't use real weapons but 2 jewelled metalic objects with enchantations written in them, that they use to channel their power withing. There is even a class quest at Rivendel that talk about this. That said i can imagine a RK using 2 ceremonial blunt dagger of precious metals or any other sort fancy trinket with good conduction & pretty ornamented with precious stones & inscriptions but not some sharp metal or anything big.

Yes, i will love to get not 1 but 2 separate cosmetic slots 1 for bags, added to the cloak slot, 1 for backpacks, the other for hip side hanging items. I will love specially the hips 1 that is already used on RK, applied to all other classes. I wrote a while back a whole thread about this last: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...or-all-classes

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Yeah i get the difference between two handed weapon and one handed weapon , still I do believe that since some NPC wield two handed spears (Lindon's spears in the intro for High elves) it could be tweak to work for captains too
    I get that RK is not supposed to wield any weapons , but I believe it still would be cool even if the animations wouldn't be top notch ^^

Will get a look at your thread

Yeah i get the difference between two handed weapon and one handed weapon , still I do believe that since some NPC wield two handed spears (Lindon's spears in the intro for High elves) it could be tweak to work for captains too
    I get that RK is not supposed to wield any weapons , but I believe it still would be cool even if the animations wouldn't be top notch ^^

Will get a look at your thread
    There are some longer & pointy rune stones that gives dagger like feeling. I like to use Ember-stone (random drop lvl 50):

I know that it is not a real dagger but is the closest you may get & the biggest rune-stone i found. Also recently, cosmetic purpose rune-stones got added to higher lvl areas. You may find 1 that you like there too.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 26 2020 at 12:48 PM.

Could be fun to be able to hide the Runes even when fighting ^^
    But well I hope the ideas will get to the Devs I don't know how to contact them directly xD

Could be fun to be able to hide the Runes even when fighting ^^
    But well I hope the ideas will get to the Devs I don't know how to contact them directly xD
    The rune-stones stay hidden when out of combat. Even casting a skill without a enemy will not show the rune-stones. Only when you are against an enemy & cast a skill they will appear. There are 2 whole animations related to this. The 1st is to pull the rune-stones out the satchel. The 2nd is to put them back inside satchel after all enemies are dead. There isn't a problem about too much rune-stones visibility as most rune-stones are pretty small & barely visible. If that is still too much for you, i think there is a icon on the character panel that let you completely disable weapons visibility.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 29 2020 at 06:44 PM.