We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Raid Set Bonuses 2.0

Would prefer if the other forum thread was just closed, the discussion is no longer about the title, which is the RAID SET BONUSES, instead it divulged into class balance nerf/buff qq - PLEASE reserve your comments below for discussion ONLY with regards to the raid set bonuses. Thank you.

--

As of Bullroarer build #3.3 - 28/02/2020

--

Beorning Blue: Counterattack reduces the cooldown of Counter by 3s.
    Beorning Red: 10% chance on hit, +5% Melee Crit Chance
    Beorning Yellow: Transforming grants +10 Wrath.

--

Burglar Blue: Loaded Dice: Gamble's have increased chance to roll 4-6 / Never roll 1.
    Burglar Red: -3s Aim Cooldown.
    Burglar Yellow: Reduce cooldown of Trickster by -15s.

--

Captain Blue: Increases Valiant Strike Healing by +20%.
    Captain Red: Battleshout Cooldown -5s.
    Captain Yellow: -25% cooldown on Last Stand.

--

Champion Blue: Sudden Defence reduces incoming damage by 10%.
    Champion Red: Strike Skills have a 10% chance to reset the cooldown of Champions Duel.
    Champion Yellow: Great Cleave cooldown reduced by 30s.

--

Guardian Blue: -30s Cooldown on Juggernaut.
    Guardian Red: +10% Guardian Bleed Damage.
    Guardian Yellow: Protection grants +5% damage mitigation.

--

Hunter Blue: Press Onward applies a 25% run speed buff for 10s.
    Hunter Red: Heartseeker Cooldown reduced by -30s.
    Hunter Yellow: -60s Cooldown on Rain of Thorns.

--

Lore-Master Blue: Catmint cooldown reduced by -30seconds.
    Lore-Master Red: Gust of Wind will refresh Searing Embers.
    Lore-Master Yellow: Water-Lore's incoming heal buff is increased by +3%.

--

Minstrel Blue: Cry of the Chorus halves healing induction duration.
    Minstrel Red: Timeless Echoes will act as a 'Morale-Tap' for its duration, healing the minstrel as it does damage.
    Minstrel Yellow: Anthem of Prowess adds a further -10% Attack Duration (-15% total).

--

Runekeeper Blue: +20% Bubble Potency.
    Runekeeper Red: +10% Smouldering Wrath Damage
    Runekeeper Yellow: +10% Static Surge Proc Chance.

--

Warden Blue: Sets Never Surrender Mitigation Bonus to 5%.
    Warden Red: -5s Cooldown on all Mastery Skills.
    Warden Yellow: +10% Ranged Damage.

--

EDIT: I really wonder why I bother writing, or posting these kinds of threads, because so many great suggestions have been brought up both here and in the previous thread, many of which have been ignored and you have gone and done your own thing, again, without really understanding the impact these will have on the classes.

My thoughts below.

--

Captain Blue: We have given you, multiple 'good' set bonuses, none of which could be classified as Overpowered, and all of which fulfil a missing component of a Blue Line Captain, you have completely ignored all of our suggestions and given us both a boring and pointless bonus. AoE healing is not an issue for a Blue Captain, in fact, it's something a Blue Cappy could be argued to have too much of, what it lacks is spike / ST healing. I will re-emphasise again this set bonus SHOULD be one of the following; muster courage self-heal applies to the target of your song-brother / add a HoT effect to gallant display / reduce the cooldown on Rallying Cry / increase the potency of Words of Courage.
    Captain Red: It has been said time and time again by all Captains that have posted on the other thread - this bonus, is, USELESS, it does nothing for the Captains rotation - please make it something utility based to reflect what Red Line is actually about, which is group buffing, +5% incoming damage on sure strike, thank you. Still waiting on this to be changed as of 28/02/2020. Other great suggestions have been listed in the thread.
    Captain Yellow: I was almost sure this was a troll when I saw that this was the new yellow-line bonus, I then logged in for myself and saw it was true, let's just say, thank you for the laugh SSG. DO YOU EVEN PLAY THIS CLASS???

Because of the 'Stand Tall' trait from Yellow, every time the captain is hit the effective cooldown of Last Stand (Currently 5minutes) is reduced by 3seconds, with an internal 1second cooldown. Via testing in Urugarth, this 5minute cooldown skill became reusable after only 1minute 21seconds. (PLEASE bear in mind, this is under extremely optimal conditions where you are literally taking around 10 hits per second so you are getting the CD reduction constantly, normal boss fights, especially against one target do not work this way because they do not hit you every second). In general instances, my effective Last Stand cooldown is around 2minutes 20-30seconds (Pre- set bonus) which I find acceptable. This accounts for around 40-50~ 'Stand Tall' procs, reducing the cooldown by an effective 120-150seconds.

WITH the set bonus, Last Stand has a base cooldown of 3minutes 45seoncds. Under the same conditions in Urugarth, I could reuse Last Stand within 59 Seconds (Just. Lol). Please bear in mind this is under OPTIMAL conditions, and normal boss fights do NOT work in this way unless you find yourself tanking 4-5+ mobs, which as the off-tank, the Captain normally never does. If we take the same scenario from above, accounting for around 40-50~ 'Stand Tall' procs, under normal conditions, this would effectively reduce the cooldown to 1minute 45seconds - 1minute 15seconds. SSG. I HAVE NO WORDS. You have taken, the MOST POWERFUL cooldown in the games history, and will allow it to be useable roughly every 90seconds? WHAT. ARE. YOU. THINKING?? I am a Captain Tank Main and even I RECOGNISE THIS IS OVERPOWERED.

We have listed you countless other 'acceptable' set bonuses, such as Sure Strike adding a stacking +% mitigation buff to the fellowship (Up to 5%), instead you decide to give us the most Overpowered bonus in the game for the most Overpowered Tanking Skill? RE-THINK THIS NOW.

--

Guardian Red: Better, but I would consider making this +20%.

--

Hunter Blue: Just pointless.

--

Lore-Master Red: So it seems the Searing Embers reset set was meant as the Red-Line bonus, ok, haven't tested myself but as of the previous BR build this set bonus was bugged and was refreshing a FAR weaker version of Searing Words, can any LM confirm if this has been fixed?

--

Minstrel Red: Heal is not potent enough to be worth using. Consider changing to Light damage / Cries and Calls critical magnitude.
    Minstrel Yellow: As in the previous build, although the bonus is far better now, it will literally only be used for pre-fight Anthem buffing.

--

Runekeeper Blue: We are moving in the right direction, you've actually given us a ''useful'' bonus now. Although it is bugged and not working. However as pointed out by others, our bubble potency is already extremely strong, RK healers do not lack heals, we lack offensive debuffs, this factor deprives RK Healers of a Raid Spot. Give Runeekeepers an offensive debuff / buff for their healing line - as suggested: +5% incoming critical chance on Flurry of Words.
    Runekeeper Red: Moving in the right direction, but Red-Line RK is still far too weak to be considered viable currently, +10% is nice, but not enough. I would even go so far as to suggest this should be +25%.
    Runekeeper Yellow: Thank you for listening. With the damage nerf incoming, having the set bonus back at 10% will at least keep Yellow Rk's on an even keel with the current Top DPSers.

--

Feel free to add your own opinions and suggestions regarding THE RAID SET BONUSES, and not about class balance. THANK YOU.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Feb 27 2020 at 07:40 PM.

Ok at this point I lost every little bit of hope towards getting good set bonus but I'm still naive enough to still hope for useless set bonus to be changed into something useful:
    I'll define useless set bonus by the following rule: If you would rather have just a stat increase bonus over whatever current bonus is... then the set bonus is useless.

RK: RED: It's a skill which is nearly never used, and of course will have 0 impact on class perfomance. Change it.
    BLUE: It's a bonus that will never ever effectively be useful. For both of these sets of rk I would rather see a skin cosmetic change into the rune stone than these set bonus, that's how useless they are.

LM: Red: Ancient Lore does not even exist as a skill. Also lightning strike got 10s cooldown, you don't need a cooldown reset for it, at least replace it to reset ents go to war or something with a longer cooldown. Seriously at least specify which skill you mean when you say Ancient Lore.
    Yellow: A yellow lore master will never have searing embers on unless the fight is terribly easy and you start doing dps. It's just an useless set for yellow line. Give +5% crit chance with see all ends.

Hunter: Blue: I don't understand what do you want hunter blue line to be, if your plan is to make it a questing/kiting line it could have some utility, for a group enviroment the set bonus is totally pointless. But blue need further fix after the massive barrage nerf so there's really no point in here as whatever you put here would be used while traited in red.
    Yellow. It's not a terrible set but since the trait line is totally useless apart from using traps before a boss fight... I guess I won't waste my time thinking of a good set bonus.

Warden: Yellow: If it affects resounding challenge Damage over time it could be useful, if it doesn't then it's a complete useless set, since yellow line is basically only good for aoe fights and spamming all gambits while seize the moment is active and activating it with ranged aoe skills.

Captain yellow: Reconsider please, you put a forced taunt into a rotation skill that must be used all the time to keep buffs up. This will make tanking with 2 tanks in raid terribly hard as you would need to constantly spam forced taunts. It's already a problem with warden needing to aoe taunt all the time for 5% mit. If you want to turn a skill into forced attack make it be devastating blow or something that can effectively be avoided to use without losing your buffs.

Meh, I guess RK's will be stuck with 2 complety useless set bonuses and 1 very underwhelming one ( 10% was enough to make a difference, 5% is just too bad as the only set bonus).

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Champion Blue: Sudden Defence reduces incoming damage by 10%.
    Champion Red: Strike Skills have a 5% chance to reset the cooldown of Champions Duel.
    Champion Yellow: Great Cleave cooldown reduced by 30s.
    Tested around with them for a while today. Red and Yellow both seem fine. While red doesn't do that much in terms of dps for me, it brings interesting utility for raids as it looked like a single champ should be able to keep up duel 100% of the time with this set equipped. Yellow adds a good bit of AoE dps and, with that, does pretty much exactly what I expected.

I did not really tank anything with blue set so can't comment on its effectiveness, but I was glad to see the mitigation bonus does not get removed as soon as the bubble breaks.

Champ sets are fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Tested around with them for a while today. Red and Yellow both seem fine. While red doesn't do that much in terms of dps for me, it brings interesting utility for raids as it looked like a single champ should be able to keep up duel 100% of the time with this set equipped. Yellow adds a good bit of AoE dps and, with that, does pretty much exactly what I expected.

I did not really tank anything with blue set so can't comment on its effectiveness, but I was glad to see the mitigation bonus does not get removed as soon as the bubble breaks.

By the way, in your tests, did Duel tiers reset at the second application or they remained at T10? If they remain, this is a very good set bonus. If they reset back, a bit less useful, but still good. About the slow part, it could be used to workaround various mechanics in the game (not a great prospect), but I'd rather them make certain bosses slow immune, than remove that aspect of the skill. Yellow bonus is again - good - more uptime for cleave is always welcome. Was a bit skeptical about the blue bonus, but since it doesn't expire if the bubble gets depleted, it's actually a very nice bonus with big uptime that can help tanking some harder content, even in the current state of the spec.

Rune-keeper
    Red/Blue - as others have said, useless bonuses. It will make literally no impact if they replace them with an 'Increase rune-keeper fart smell potency by 10%' set bonus. Please consider making these sets useful.
    Yellow - I think 5% is ok and the set is still very good.

Hunter
    Red bonus is good and is useful both in red and blue.
    Blue - meh for PVE in the line's current state

Captain
    Both red and yellow bonuses appear good on paper, but in reality they'll either bring nothing much to the table or end up being destructive in some situations (as numerously pointed out and apparently ignored by the dev team).

Burglar
    Yellow and Blue are ok. Red bonus, considering the state of the line is fine, but may end-up underwhelming if they tone down damage a bit further (as they should).

Redline fire rune keeper

- Essence of flame grants next essay of fire an insta cast.

- Essay of fire duration increased from 10 second's to 14 second's

The fire rune keeper does not benefit from a volcanic cool down as the set bonus, the raid set should be among one of its highest hitting skills and somehow modifying or strengthening it in some way shape or form.

Captain yellow line

- Sure strike grants a stacking fellowship mitigation buff.

* Tier 1 0.5%
    * Tier 2 1%
    * Tier 3 2%

The cool down would be 10 seconds and can be refreshed if sure strike is used before the current tier expires. ( It does not tier down if do not refresh and will expire )

Captain red line

- Shadow's lament grants 10% incoming damage on target for 10 second's. ( Shadows lament is 20 seconds cooldown so would be a 50% uptime debuff )

- Blade brother's call cool down reduced by 60 seconds

Blue: Works and is good for blue-line and also has use in yellow-line

Red: Ancient Lore doesn´t exist. It´s also not Ancient Craft or Ancient Master

Yellow: (more like a red-line set) Does nothing to increase your damage output.
    Normally Gust of Wind consumes 2 Burning Embers and makes them Searing Embers for 16 seconds (if traited red). With a maximum of 3 Searing.

With the new set it will refresh ONLY 1 of 3 Searing Embers AND consume up to 3 normal Burning Embers. In addition to that the "refresh" is extremly weak.
    Making this set not working as intended and kinda useless.
    It would be a great Red-line Set if: Burning Ember does not get consumed, it will actually refresh the 3 Searing Embers and the refresh is as strong as normal.

Besides that: Searing Ember only lasts 16sec if you skill more DoT pulses in Red-line (slow Burn Trait). For Blue and Yellow this is completely useless because:
    Searing Embers lasts 10sec (without Slow Burn) and Gust of Wind has 10 seconds Cooldown.
    Meaning the DoT runs out before you can even refresh it.

SSG if you read this: There is a lot of great ideas here for actually good sets for every Class in every Traitline... take your time and make the sets good please <3
    We all want good (and working) Sets as a reason to even run the Raid.
    If there is no good motivation to do the Raid then what´s the point in creating one?

(if you are lazy just copy some old good bonuses, everything is better than the Red-RK Setbonus)

I guess i should copy my last feedback to this thread. That's it:
    About Beorning: red and yellow set bonuses are great now, thanks (if red one is not like 5% crit chance for 10s once in 45s then it's not good still, in this case please change it for -10s Ferocious Roar cooldown, it's easy to realize i guess and great for red bears). But let me explain more about blue line than i did previously. "Counterattack reduces the cooldown of Counter by 3s." Alright, This bonus is ok but not enough, honestly it's not really worth to get it. As i said before there is no struggle with wrath in blue line so counterattack skill is only for -3s Counter cooldown? But what is problem with Counter skill? Bear has no good evade bonuses except this skill, so it will increase evade not like from 12% to 22% but like from 3% to 13%, that's the difference. Why bear can't increase his evade by essences? Because vitality is way more usefull when bear has bonuses and skills like +% Morale in blue line and Heal X% Morale in red line (which easily to get in blue). So please think about change this bonus (i wrote some variants 3 pages ago + one more here: Recuperate can stack now) or make a little fix of Counter skill, add also parry to it besides evade.

Lore-Master Blue: Catmint cooldown reduced by -30seconds. Great bonus but it's not really for blue line, it's for yellow. I hoped blue line set bonus will increase efficiency of exactly blue line.

Warden Yellow: +10% Ranged Damage. It's ok and will work but does resounding challenge really need the buff? Now i want to share my opinion about yellow line in detail. Warden yellow line called ranged but in really this is another way to dealing damage in melee with additional option to deal only ranged damage in rare exceptional cases (Caverns, final boss). And this line should not be construed as ranged at all. So in yellow line warden mostly has all the same dots as in red but with less damage on their and for compensate loos of damage yellow warden also has additional dots from trait "Barbed Javelins". And i can say as player who played yellow line pretty much in endgame content, the best thing that set can give to yellow warden is chance of these dots. This is what exactly yellow warden needs the most. And this will make more valueble exactly yellow line. Please think about it.

Yellow and red cappy really needs a different set bonus, they are useless and yellow is very bad and will make cappies useless in lots of raid situations.

Red guard is indeed trash, it bring no dps increase, maybe about 1-2k extra dps for that extra skill u can now pull off before sweeping cut runs out but that's it.
    Yellow guard does not work and is way too bad to be useful. Make it a 5% mit bonus instead or make it an AoE or give the bonus to the guard aswell.

Runekeeper red = useless, the stone does close to zero dmg and you will have to place it in melee of mobs. Its never used and if used it only provides you with a dps loss or morale loss lul.

Runekeeper blue = useless, it might have a use in very very rare situations but no, it's way too bad to be taken seriously. Instead, increase the bubble potency/give a dps buff/additional 10% frost armour etc.

Runekeeper yellow should be reverted to 10%, 5% is way too low. The skill requires you to go close to a bunch of mobs and only has an insanely low range to even hit them. So it's already a very tricky skill to use. 5% proc chance will do very little to yellow rks

As of Bullroarer build #3 - 24/02/2020

Captain Blue: Missing.
    Captain Red: Battleshout Cooldown -5s.
    Captain Yellow: Battleshout becomes a Taunt.

Captain Blue: Currently missing, this set bonus should be one of the following; muster courage self-heal applies to the target of your song-brother / add a HoT effect to gallant display / reduce the cooldown on Rallying Cry / increase the potency of Words of Courage.
    Captain Red: It has been said time and time again by all Captains that have posted on the other thread - this bonus, is, USELESS, it does nothing for the Captains rotation - please make it something utility based to reflect what Red Line is actually about, which is group buffing, +5% incoming damage on sure strike, thank you.
    Captain Yellow: I can't believe we've gotten to BR#3 without this having been changed, currently one of the worst set bonuses listed above. Captains DO NOT NEED a 4th taunt skill. Furthermore, Battle-Shout is currently ONE of only TWO ways in which we can enter Battle-Readied as Yellow Traited Captain (the other being a tonic potion on a 2minute(?) coolown), in cases where the captain does not need to take aggro / should not take aggro / tank-swapping scenarios, this set bonus will render the Captain almost useless, and furthermore unable to enter Battle-Readied > Battle-Hardened, depriving us of our -15% incoming damage, which is ESSENTIAL to our tank line. For the 100th time, CHANGE THIS SET BONUS.
    Captain Red: -5s battle shout cooldown
    I still quite like this. I agree that this doesn't add to group buffing. But an effective redspec captain also brings respectable dps to the group.
    lowering battle shout cd might allow for unexplored rotations, or give some more leeway keeping battle readied up when things don't go as planned and you can't maintain perfect rotations.
    I welcome this mostly for the potential of exploring new rotations, blow a new wind to rotations set in stone

Captain Yellow: battle shout now force taunts the target
    I agree with general consensus that this will be detrimental to captain tanks on tank switching fights with single bosses or situations where you cannot taunt to open battle readied.
    If the other tank is not a captain, this could make group loose out on -5% inc dmg fellowship buff (or you need to trait ToN or use focus potions)
    the -15% inc dmg buff on the other hand is less important if you cannot taunt something, as you probably won't be taking dmg and still have tank mitigations/morale
    the +% dmg on battle readied and especially +% healing on battle hardened will be missed more

In fellowship (one tank) situations this will be a slight improvement to our initial pulling aggro smoothness, I can see the advantage on the Fallen kings 6-man.
    ==> if the new raid has no "dead" moments for second tank, this could be ok, otherwise another bonus would be needed or tank captains might as well use the blue set.
    Many captains proposals for some kind of mitigation bonus seem adequate when changing it.

Captain Blue: unknown
    ==> Would prefer something not tied to blue-line only skills (valiant strike) so you can opt for it in other lines. something with battle shout could fit the current theme.
    ==> maybe something along: Battle shout gives your next heal skill + 50% crit chance (10 sec duration) (or maybe even guaranteed crit)
    ==> the mc heal also to brother (not only song brother please) also sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post

Agree, all 3 bonuses for champ are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian_Maniac View Post
    I guess i should copy my last feedback to this thread. That's it:
    Warden Yellow: +10% Ranged Damage. It's ok and will work but does resounding challenge really need the buff? Now i want to share my opinion about yellow line in detail. Warden yellow line called ranged but in really this is another way to dealing damage in melee with additional option to deal only ranged damage in rare exceptional cases (Caverns, final boss). And this line should not be construed as ranged at all. So in yellow line warden mostly has all the same dots as in red but with less damage on their and for compensate loos of damage yellow warden also has additional dots from trait "Barbed Javelins". And i can say as player who played yellow line pretty much in endgame content, the best thing that set can give to yellow warden is chance of these dots. This is what exactly yellow warden needs the most. And this will make more valueble exactly yellow line. Please think about it.
    From my point of view, yellow line doesn't need more damage, I would like to see bonuses to debuff part of this trait line, however if developers want to increase damage, Barbed Javelin bleed chance is much better option than ranged damage buff.
    But I think yellow line needs some better support abilities and of course bug fixing.
    Last edited by Krindel; Feb 25 2020 at 07:59 AM.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Lore-masters:
    I believe that most LM's that will get these Raid Set Bonuses don’t really care about their DPS skills, mainly because it just doesn’t matter/relevant to them (severe lag issues, low DPS value and long CD's).
    The current LM DPS is just fine to run the MM dailies or for deeding but it just doesn’t relevant to LM role in groups (3/3, 6/6 and 12/12) --> many many players ask in advance from LM's not to DPS at all from the same reasons that I mentioned above.
    I really believe that it will be the best if LM's can get better tools to support groups as a bonus.
    Regardless the trait lines/colors, each bonus should give the LM one bonus/improvement to choose from:
    1. Healing.
    2. Buffing.
    3. Debuffing.

Catmint or other "bonus's" that already mentioned just don’t relevant to any LM that will run/farm the raid at T2/T3, or other MM content, in a group as a support role.

Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    From my point of view, yellow line doesn't need more damage, I would like to see bonuses to debuff part of this trait line, however if developers want to increase damage, Barbed Javelin bleed chance is much better option than ranged damage buff.
    But I feel yellow line needs most better support abilities and of course bug fixing.
    -outgoing damage debuff is not enough good and just wastes time in my opinion and - critical defence debuff even didn't work when i test it last time. So there are only 2 mitigation debuffs and manoeuvre buff, this is why yellow warden is more about damage but not support for me. Of course some new buff/debuff from gambits like ranged triumph can be a great option in turn. For example: +10% outgoing damage buff for entire fellowship/+5% incoming critical chance debuff. Seems like op bonuses but yellow line needs something like that.

Zero changes have been made with todays BR patch 25/02/2020

Are these set bonuses really going to live??

HELLO DEV RESPONSE PLEASE???

I'm not sure myself anymore, there's so many bonuses that are utter trash and yet, this is going live on Thursday.

Please, postpone this for another week and address the sets finally. Hell, copy some of the old ones, they were so much better than anything you're presenting here.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    I'm not sure myself anymore, there's so many bonuses that are utter trash and yet, this is going live on Thursday.

Please, postpone this for another week and address the sets finally. Hell, copy some of the old ones, they were so much better than anything you're presenting here.
    I agree so many set bonus are not even worth it to go after, and where is it posted it's going live on Thursday?

I urge SSG to change the CD modifier for battleshout to be removed and changed to gravewound cooldown -2/3s or *yet to fill in*

for yellow too OP and it obstructs the captain from going into hardened, he's gonna be forced to taunt a target.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Feb 25 2020 at 06:20 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

All the Beorning set bonus are pretty bad tbh, as a beorning main myself which played tons of hours in all skill trees within raids i have alot of problems with them

First of all Blue set bonus: nobody uses counterattack..... its basically a useless skill which does nothing.. well.. with this set bonus it reduces the cooldown of a skill which is like captain parade, but 100x worse.. u cant even feel the +10% evade while tanking if u want to keep this set bonus u should buff counter alot.

Red set bonus: 5% crit.. basically the helms deep set bonus.. red beorning already has a ton of crit and uses save crit on his best skills, so in my eyes the 5% crit are basically useless aswell. give it like 20% dmg on relentless maul or give it dmg on bee swarm since no dmg beorning uses red trait since yellow trait is so much more better on AoE dmg

Yellow set bonus: this is a joke basically.. its as useless as the red rk set bonus but even more.. people who dont play beorning main might think.. well its free wrath but.. just.. no. a beorning who knows what hes doing NEVER has any kind of wrath problems so this set bonus is the biggest joke for us beorning heal mains. just give us like some +% heal and we would all be happy.

[Edit] just gonna give the opinion of my kin to all this set bonus

Burglar:
    seems all fine

Captain:
    Blue: could buff the revealing mark
    Red: battleshout cd reduction isnt that bad, but a shadows lament reduction would be waaay better
    yellow: not really usefull since captain has enought taunts and heal aggro... could give it a slight buff to to arms for example

Champion:
    would keep it just like that

Guardian:
    Blue: people dont use juggernaut that often, u could do something like -3s cooldown on warrior's heart after using shield swipe
    Red: reaaaally underwhelming and barely does anything.. could do something like +25% bleed damage or give it the beorning crit bonus
    Yellow: not that good, could do something like -15s cooldown on thrill of danger

Hunter:
    we dont have any hunter mains to give u any kind of improvement suggestions

Lore-Master:
    Blue: is a good bonus
    Red: still guessing what should reset lightning strike
    Yellow: bad one, could do something like 5% incoming crit tru sign of power: see all ends

Runekeeper:
    yellow: good one but seems buggy, static crits less than normaly
    red: a joke basically, u could do something like essence of flame and scathing mockery make essay of fire instant
    blue: not that useful, could do something like crit chance/magnitude or +duration rune-sign of winter

Minstrel:
    Blue: waaay too strong, needs a nerf do it like -25% but 50% is huge
    red: no red minstrel wants self heal.. they want damage.. give them some +% light damage
    yellow: would only be used as switch in.. make it a set people want.. give it something like inspire fellows stacks 3x

Warden:
    Blue: as a former warden tank main i really like this bonus but still wouldnt see any usability since wardens still take way more damage than other tanks and dont have any panic skills.. make it 7.5% and warden might be a new off tank option
    Red: waaaaay to strong.. just like minstrel this needs a nerf.. give them some light damage instead
    yellow: +dmg on a skill tree that wont be used anyway.. make it a skill tree that people want.. give the old lvl 85 gold items a lvl cap and make it +10% on diminished and marked target and ill bet u you will see some yellow wardens in raids

Thats just the opinion from our 40+ people kin which i saved spamming 1 thread by adding all our opinions together
    Last edited by Dragorexx; Feb 25 2020 at 10:19 PM.

Beoning setbonuses

Soo.. according to the beorning setbonuses:

Excuse the question but has any of you guys ever played beorning in endgame? I kind of start building up wraith myself looking at them xD

If you´d do and you´d be a T3/T5 raider who´s good in playing the class you would probably know that the setbonuses are kind of a really bad joke for beorning-players.

Yellow Line:
    Beorning is usually used for heals and support in the endcontent, mostly preferred to join a fellowship or raid because of its supporting skills next to the not fellowship-bound heals.
    Those who play the class decent in the mentioned role of a healer/supporter dont get problems with wraith because they switch to menform and build up their wraith while waiting for the cooldowns of the bearform skills to end. That makes the setbonus pretty pointless.

Red Line:
    The beorning is not very great in doing damage and is far behind the classic damage-classes. If a beorning is allowed to join a group in using damage-trait its mostly because of the support.
    Beornings wont go red line for dealing damage, because the red lines bonuses arent worth it and they do much more damage using yellow line trait build-up for AoE.
    This doesnt only show that the red lines trait bonuses are useless, but the setbonuses of the new raidgear as well because they dont support the beornings real damage-doing-skills like relentless maul and AoE bees.
    Bonus %damage or a cd-reduction on those skills would be much more welcome than a higher chance of critical hits as decent beornigs already have a lot of crit

Blue line:
    The blue line is the line I personally played less, but still enough often to see that the setbonus for the blue line a supports a skill which isnt used often because of itself pointlessness.
    A blue beo builds up its damge-reduction simular to guardians and also debuff the enemy which is necessary because of its unability to use shields.
    The + 10% probability to evade is kinda a joke itself. Conterattac activaded by evading an attac grants +10 wraith wich isnt much and as alredy mentioned missing wraith..especially in blue line isnt a problem so not even the skill wich is MAYBE activated by conter isnt worth using neither the skill nor the setbonus.

Conclousion:

Playing the beorning as main and having lots of exchanges with other beorning-players due to streaming for further development and improvement I can tell...we feel kind of tricked looking at the bonuses planned for the raidgear.
    With no intention to offend anyone, it seems that beorning is a pretty misunderstood class at all.

I also shake head seeing the bonuses for some of the other classes, but as I dont play them that intense I will leave the feedback up to those who are more competent and experienced at playing those.

All in all I just really really hope the dev´s will either start to play the classes in endgame contet themselfes (which they should do anyways in my opinion) or start to work hand in hand with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragorexx View Post
    Yellow set bonus: this is a joke basically.. its as useless as the red rk set bonus but even more.. people who dont play beorning main might think.. well its free wrath but.. just.. no. a beorning who knows what hes doing NEVER has any kind of wrath problems so this set bonus is the biggest joke for us beorning heal mains. just give us like some +% heal and we would all be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins0n View Post
    Yellow Line:
    Beorning is usually used for heals and support in the endcontent, mostly preferred to join a fellowship or raid because of its supporting skills next to the not fellowship-bound heals.
    Those who play the class decent in the mentioned role of a healer/supporter dont get problems with wraith because they switch to menform and build up their wraith while waiting for the cooldowns of the bearform skills to end. That makes the setbonus pretty pointless.
    --

I'm sorry, but I really must disagree with your claims about this set bonus and yellow beorning. In raid content, especially during tier 3 anvil, wrath isn't a problem when the fight is going smoothly, and you can freely, without fear, switch between forms to generate wrath appropriately, this I agree with. However, during situations in which things are either going south, or in situations in which you have to decide whether to use a heal or generate more wrath, this set bonus is going to be invaluable beyond belief.

Beornings have a significant amount of things to do and keep an eye on as Healers, wrath generation being one of them, this set bonus just makes wrath whilst healing almost a non-issue, which I disagree with you that it is currently.

I cannot tell you how many times as well I've had Relentless Maul bug out on me because it's consumed the wrath and I've fallen below 20 wrath after using it (because sometimes it consumes wrath and sometimes it doesn't) so it's stopped channelling, or, a tank has a died during t3 because I've had to switch to man form to generate more wrath, whereas with this set bonus, going to man > straight back to bear is an instant 20 wrath which is either two encouraging roars or a Rejuvenating Bellow, which can make all the difference in raid situations.

Similarily if you die, and have wrath pot / bracing roar on CD, transforming to bear will immediately give you some wrath to heal with, and you won't be required to build it up first.

So in my opinion, for the reasons I've listed above, + countless more I could list, and plenty of individual scenarios I can list where wrath has resulted in a death, I completely support this set bonus.

Hunter feedback on request

As a hunter main Ill type my opinions on the current three sets as I can relate to them in all forms.

- Red is perfect for our redline dps it increases the potency of one of our main damaging skills this requires no more feedback

- Blue is actually amazing for pvp and solo landscape imo. Hunter can now escape from mob's easier and in moors give a runspeed boost on a heal which primarily fit's perfectly with modern blue hunter in pvp environments

- Yellow as many players on the thread over past couple week's have stated will not make yellowline good by any means, so arguing for a set bonus on this line is a net negative for dev's resources/time, wiser to just write this off as it isnt going affect the hunter in any way or form. I'd rather see them using time and resources modifying Red rune-keeper,Yellow captain & blue rune-keeper set for which unless the skill is changed doesn't make sense.

There are a few other classes who's set's arent worthy of a raid drop for end game that should be addressed but above is my take on the hunter ones, I dont believe the class need's any more touching on these bonuses v/
    Last edited by mikkye; Feb 26 2020 at 01:53 AM.

Beorning:

Yellow set bonus is quite a comfortable one but I have to admit I'd rather have the abyss bonus back. The beorning's lack of consistent fellowship healing via hots, bubbles or incoming damage reduction make fights like fallen kings, skorgrim or narkhor way harder compared to minstrel/rk healing.

Red set bonus is pretty underwhelming since you already have a very high critical hit chance due to high wrath (rip execute ) and a 100% crit chance with ferocious roar + relentless maul. Make bash stack again please!

Blue line bonus could be nice when tanking many enemies, but even then it is only an upgrade from 50% to 100% uptime. I think it is an okay-ish bonus.

Burglar:

Yellow is very nice, red is not. But to be fair, you cannot give red burgs any useful set bonus at the moment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    By the way, in your tests, did Duel tiers reset at the second application or they remained at T10? If they remain, this is a very good set bonus. If they reset back, a bit less useful, but still good. About the slow part, it could be used to workaround various mechanics in the game (not a great prospect), but I'd rather them make certain bosses slow immune, than remove that aspect of the skill.
    Duel damage buff doesnt apply second time when you have duel buff already. As soon as first application expires second one start ticking from tier1, same with debuff on target. But if you have it already applied then duration for the second one start ticking with skill use. So the best result you get if apply duel second time right after expiration of the first application, so every 30sec. So if you apply it when have one already on then you cut overall duration.

Like that:
    0-30s first application on 0 second.
    15-45s if you apply second one on 15 second of the fight you will get 45s duration on 2 skills uses.

Would be funny if you could get buff with every application. Also rework for it when you have t10 up already and just duration stacks could be cool, but it could be a hard to do probably and really op coz in that case you would have like constant +30% damage buff even with all rng.

--

However, during situations in which things are either going south, or in situations in which you have to decide whether to use a heal or generate more wrath, this set bonus is going to be invaluable beyond belief.

I cannot tell you how many times as well I've had Relentless Maul bug out on me because it's consumed the wrath and I've fallen below 20 wrath after using it (because sometimes it consumes wrath and sometimes it doesn't) so it's stopped channelling,

Similarily if you die, and have wrath pot / bracing roar on CD, transforming to bear will immediately give you some wrath to heal with, and you won't be required to build it up first.

If you ever have to decide whether to heal or generate wrath, your rotation is quite bad.

Just dont use Relentless maul when u have less than 40 wrath and no ferocious up......?

If u die and have wrath pot AND bracing on CD there is something quite wrong.. you should never have to use bracing infight. also, when you die and dont have bracing up you would still need to get wrath to transform first.. ferocious+ hearten is fasten than building up 10 wrath and transforming+ transforming back since u wont be able to either build up wrath or do anything with 20 wrath in bear form.

I just mean there is a lot of people who don't have wrath problems like you do, this set bonus is useless in their eyes because of that, beorning needs more group heal/hots which could be fixed by either giving it abyss set or giving it a group hot which costs like 30 wrath because of that set bonus gives huge amounts of unneeded wrath.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast