We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 25.4 - Preview #3.4 - SERVER CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 02/28, ~5:00 PM EST (Subject to change).

Remmorchant, The Net of Darkness
    "Far beneath the Ephel Duath, in the deepest caverns of Torech Ungol, lies the Remmorchant, the Net of Darkness. There, wreathed in webs of shadow only the Light of Earendil might hope to penetrate, lies the lair of Ungwetari, the last child of Ungoliant."

This update includes improvements to the new Remmorchant raid, raid set changes, tweaks to the new essence effects, numerous bug fixes and more. Please yell at us about any bugs, balance feedback, or issues other you encounter!

News and Notes:
    • Character Copy to Bullroarer will be available. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. (Character copies can fail if attempted when the server is down).
    • Account Services are also available for copy. Please let us know as soon as possible if any of these services fail to copy properly.
    • This update is a work in progress and the patch notes are not intended to cover every change. If you find something we left out you think is important, let us know and we can add it to the notes.

Instances:
    • Remmorchant, The Net of Darkness - A new 12 person raid is available for preview.
    • Tier 1 & 2 are now available.

Classes:
    • Captain trait "Honourable Blow" now works properly.

Items:
    • Raid Armour is available in the Eyes & Guard Tavern from Edgecase. Set bonuses have been tweaked a bit.
    • Anorien pet food now pulls correct stats for a level 100 item.
    • Discrepancies between crafted Legendary weapons and scaling legendary weapons have been rectified. Most players should see an increase in their damage as a result, but some players at a few particular levels may see a minor decrease in damage.
    • The Sealed Ithil Runes of Striking, Enchantment, and Binding offered for barter by the White Company Quartermaster in Estolad Lân now correctly bind on acquire. If these sealed runes are already in your inventory, they will immediately bind to your account. If they are taken out of storage, mail, auction house, etc. they will bind to the account of that character.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Feb 28 2020 at 05:08 PM.

Pls change tactical mitigation again. It's way too hard to cap. I got full T5 minas morgul jewelry, i got full raid t3 gear on bullroarer filled with ONLY tact mit essences, the best crafted stuff etc. and i still BARELY hit 55% tmit as a tank... That's ridiculous.

Also the trade off is just very bad, the increase of incoming heal is pretty much non-existant
    I BARELY got a 1-2% bpe increase overall,
    -crit defence is a miserable 30%,
    -phys mit is way too high
    -Resistance for tanks is way too low atm
    -Morale of tanks is insanely low if ur going for the tmit

Important notes:
    -Yellow guard set does not give the mitigation it's supossed to give. (it just doesn't work)

Noble mark tooltip says it heals 3% of morale every second whenever you use a skill attack. But the heal only happens every 3 seconds. So either the skill or the tooltip is wrong. Pls put it to every 1 second to actually make it a useful mark or else cappies will just keep using revealing mark

-Red guard set is useless, it providers zero dps increase cause you already got full uptime of bleeds.
    -especially the red set of rks is completely useless (the fire stone does close to zero dmg and u need to go close to even use it) , blue comes very close to useless.
    -Yellow cappy set is completely broken and you will not be able to off tank raids cause you will not be able to open up your battle hardened without taunting something off the other tank most of the time.
    -The honourable blow trait has indeed been fixed but it's way too bad to actually use. 4%inch for 7 secs in 10 meters range is horrible. Pls buff it up
    I would suggest 5-10%inch for 10-20 seconds for a 15-30m range. Captains really need this cause they lack a lot of buffing in blue
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Feb 24 2020 at 06:28 PM.

Cross-post from the Raid Set Bonuses Thread, hopefully you'll acknowledge the issue finally.

Okay, so, done some testing and I was shocked.

Guardian's Red set is even worse than I imagined.

In all my tests, I have had roughly the same stats, which are posted here
    Top screenshot is non-raid, bottom is raid gear.

Did quite some parses and will take out the average values for each. Results are as follows:

Without the set:

With the set equipped:

In conclusion: There is literally 0 benefit to DPS by having this set. Nothing.
    Sure, gear pieces are an improvement, but I have purposefully set that aside and evened out the stats between current/non-raid gear and raid stuff. Sure, there's some variation, but it comes down to Tenderize stacks and lag.

Please, I'm asking you to change this. The bonus set is null and void and it cannot go out like this.

Also, and I'm sure I'm not the first person to say it, but "Ancient Lore", as specified on the LM Ancient Lightning set, does not exist. Testing seems to indicate this is also not "Ancient Craft" or "The Ancient Master", and I don't know of any other "Ancient" skills it could be.

It's been about 5 weeks since I've tried to copy characters to BR and 4 out of 5 of them failed.

Today I tried to copy the same group and all 5 of them were successful copies.

Also wanted to point out that LM red set bonus is bugged and is not working, Gust of wind doesn't reset searing embers, it only adds an EXTREMELY weak searing ember DoT version for 12s - and it doesn't even reset it when you use gust of wind again-.

blue RK set bonus is still very useless and needs to be changed along with red/yellow LM raid set bonuses.

Also rune-sign of winter still bugged and it never crits ^_^
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler | Deadlyline - R10 Warg
    Freeps - FullyWrecked/Raging raiders
    #BringT2cBack

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    ...Pls change tactical mitigation again. It's way too hard to cap. I got full T5 minas morgul jewelry, i got full raid t3 gear on bullroarer filled with ONLY tact mit essences, the best crafted stuff etc. and i still BARELY hit 55% tmit as a tank... That's ridiculous.

Also the trade off is just very bad, the increase of incoming heal is pretty much non-existant
    I BARELY got a 1-2% bpe increase overall,
    -crit defence is a miserable 30%,
    -phys mit is way too high
    -Resistance for tanks is way too low atm
    -Morale of tanks is insanely low if ur going for the tmit

/Signed.

Not only does it hurt Tanks, but also all other classes that do often get hit with some tactical damage from adds and bosses even if they don't tank. Many other classes can not even afford to put tactical mits in essences slots either as the caps are so silly high now vs what numbers we get on essmnces and gear to reach the caps. B/P/E has been useless for quite some time and often don't even comes into play. Simply decreasing tactical mit output on gear from stats and and essences and increase output for B/P/E marginally will not make people switch to B/P/E. All it has done is make people be even further from capping anything and squishier. Soon we are going to have a shortage of tanks again, as few wants to play like this and then get yelled at for failing. Already stressful enough as it is to play a tank and always be blamed. You're killing the fun.

There have been at least 3-4 threads for 3 months now and posts all around the forums about champions situation and the only think we got is barely a 10% buff that doesnt change anything at least for Red line that the whole conversations have been started for from the first place.
    Dont let champions go to raid like this,give as at least a 10% more for Red line so we could stand a chance against the other dps classes when the raid goes live.Even with that 10% we will still be far behind burglars and wardens but at least is something from nothing.Give us that 10% more to red line please and later you can tune the class even better cause it needs much more than that but at least we wont loose the raid.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    There have been at least 3-4 threads for 3 months now and posts all around the forums about champions situation and the only think we got is barely a 10% buff that doesnt change anything at least for Red line that the whole conversations have been started for from the first place.
    Dont let champions go to raid like this,give as at least a 10% more for Red line so we could stand a chance against the other dps classes when the raid goes live.Even with that 10% we will still be far behind burglars and wardens but at least is something from nothing.Give us that 10% more to red line please and later you can tune the class even better cause it needs much more than that but at least we wont loose the raid.
    Even another 10% increase won't change anything when the top DPS classes at the moment do 50% more (150k vs 100k) then a champion. It won't give champions a place in the raid, because as you said it yourself, they will still be far behind the others with those 10%.
    Server Gwaihir - Kinship Nightfalls

I haven't seen this mentioned in the previous updates but RK healing is vastly more superior to minstrel healing in single target scenarios like keeping a tank alive in higher difficulty content.

When you balance classes do you guys actually run the numbers through a test dummy, I can't believe you wouldn't notice an almost 2x difference in healing throughput.

I am reluctant to mention it because I want to avoid a nonsensical adjustment to RK which would make them useless, like some previous balance attempts resulted with RK healing in the past. I play all healers and I don't really care which one is the better healer as I play them all regardless, however, you have deliberately hamstrung minstrel dps so they will never be able to raid dps, RK could always find dps roles even when their healing sucked.

Nobody wants Beorning DPS, Beorning tanks aren't as good as other tanks. Minstrel can't dps, yellow minstrels are probably a lot rarer than beorning tanks. It is the main reason I argued against one-role-wonders in the past during class rebalances, you have pigeon holed minstrel to pretty much only be able to heal in raid and if they aren't the best at it then they go from hero to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaijian View Post
    Even another 10% increase won't change anything when the top DPS classes at the moment do 50% more (150k vs 100k) then a champion. It won't give champions a place in the raid, because as you said it yourself, they will still be far behind the others with those 10%.
    I know but its something from nothing.We will base our raid spot to our strong point that is Yellow line and at least we will be kinda decent with that 10% more when we have to deal with ST.So if the raid is 50/50 ST/AOE like Anvil was we can stand a chance.
    If not and needed mostly Single target dps then forget it we are doomed.
    Probably because they messed up the class balance big time by giving big numbers especially to burglars but later also to wardens and rks too,now they are afraid to give more to us cause they probably dont know the potentials of the champions and how much we need to be on par.Maybe Vastin didnt have the time to deal with us and dont know what we can do or not.Thats why i ask for only that 10% more cause if he afraid of messing up the balance even further with that only 10% he will not and even if he do (he wont) the damage will be minimum.We need much more than that 10% for Red line yes but probably he dont know.
    My English are a bit bad and cannot express exactly what i want to say but i think you can get the point.

PS:I wonder why they are so in a rush to release the Raid tho.We still have Skirmish event running and also not even 2 weeks that the 6 man instances updated to T5.Better fix the balance of classes first and then release the raid.
    Last edited by Arandour; Feb 25 2020 at 03:01 AM.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Noble mark tooltip says it heals 3% of morale every second whenever you use a skill attack. But the heal only happens every 3 seconds. So either the skill or the tooltip is wrong. Pls put it to every 1 second to actually make it a useful mark or else cappies will just keep using revealing mark
    Hang on, what happened to 1% morale every time the captain deals damage to the target (including auto-attacks, not just skills)? I don’t know about other captains, but I don’t want it on a timer, I want it to heal as fast as I can hit the thing (and I can do this very fast). Noble mark as it is on live is fine as it provides a continuous stream of healing. Blue mark is rubbish for solo use - the whole point of noble mark being different is to give you options. Noble mark has been invaluable even in MM landscape to actually stay alive, especially when I don’t have any instance/crafted gear yet and mob damage goes up dramatically as you climb the city.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Hang on, what happened to 1% morale every time the captain deals damage to the target (including auto-attacks, not just skills)? I don’t know about other captains, but I don’t want it on a timer, I want it to heal as fast as I can hit the thing (and I can do this very fast). Noble mark as it is on live is fine as it provides a continuous stream of healing. Blue mark is rubbish for solo use - the whole point of noble mark being different is to give you options. Noble mark has been invaluable even in MM landscape to actually stay alive, especially when I don’t have any instance/crafted gear yet and mob damage goes up dramatically as you climb the city.
    I'm guessing you missed the lines in the Preview#2 notes about Noble Mark? They changed it to 3% within a 3 sec window and a 12 m range for the benefit. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-SERVER-CLOSED
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Zvim666 View Post
    ... Beorning tanks aren't as good as other tanks. ...
    Wardens say hello! We'd like to be as good as Beornings or even as good as Captains and Guardians.
    Zohal
    85 Warden - Leader of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Question

So nothing about the great analyzis that "Harla" submitted during last Beta on Hunter Cleanse/purge skill vs other classes similar skills ??? Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...60#post7992060

Nothing about making that skill not root You anymore now that You are turning it into a similar skill like ohers have by adding a cooldown ??? Hunters still going to suffer the root and long animation on top of the cd while others can use theirs instantly even while moving ???

Oh and Blue Hunter raid set bonus still going to be "Press Onward applies a 25% run speed buff for 10s" ??? Seriously ??? It's almost so one can start to think there is something to the conspiracy theorist people saying that someone has something againt hunter and basically wants to make it irrelevant and phased out as an option for anything but landscape questing and deeding. Slowly killing the class bit by bit. Already having totally killed yellow and blue trait-line. Now the whole class is more or less one of the last options for a spot in any group content even in red-line. You might as well remove the class from character creation selection and save any new player the dissepointment further down the line when they reach end-game, if this keeps up. Maybe remove Champs too while at it. Seems these two classes are not wanted anymore.

And this is not aimed at any particular dev, as I have no idea who is behind runing the hunter ??? Maybe more than one dev worked on various "balancing" and when it all came together we ended up where we now are with a ruined hunter class ??? I'm also not aiming anything I wrote at the dev having posted the BR build notes, LordOfTheSquids (which I have found to be a really nice person), as I know different devs works on different things. Just because one dev posted the notes does not mean that same dev worked on NERFing the hunter over the last few years. So please do not take it personal.

I guess I'm just kind of tired of seeing Hunter go down the drain over the last few years bit by bit, while some other classes have been buffed and even some having at least 2 trait-lines and roles that are wanted for end-game, while hunter now has none. I guess in the same situation as Champions, although champions can at least have some fun with their yellow aoe on landscape, but other than that we are in the same boat I guess. It's just my resignation over this situation that might make me sound a bit disillusioned, synical and frustrated.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 25 2020 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    So nothing about the great analyzis that "Harla" submitted during last Beta on Hunter Cleanse/purge skill vs other classes similar skills ??? Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...60#post7992060
    This is raid focused patch, so if nothing for that "great" analyzis will be implemented just deal with it. If not that cd change ppl wouldnt even say anything about that skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I guess I'm just kind of tired of seeing Hunter go down the drain over the last few years bit by bit, while some other classes have been buffed and even some having at least 2 trait-lines and roles that are wanted for end-game, while hunter now has none. I guess in the same situation as Champions, although champions can at least have some fun with their yellow aoe on landscape, but other than that we are in the same boat I guess. It's just my resignation over this situation that might make me sound a bit disillusioned, synical and frustrated.
    Didnt you see anvil t2/3 runs with 3/2 hunters/rks or even 4/1? Dont know a lot about 115lvl cap, but ranged were fine there i think. Not sure what few years you are talking about. On landscape all classes are fine.

I haven't seen this mentioned in the previous updates but RK healing is vastly more superior to minstrel healing in single target scenarios like keeping a tank alive in higher difficulty content.

Nobody wants Beorning DPS, Beorning tanks aren't as good as other tanks. Minstrel can't dps, yellow minstrels are probably a lot rarer than beorning tanks. It is the main reason I argued against one-role-wonders in the past during class rebalances, you have pigeon holed minstrel to pretty much only be able to heal in raid and if they aren't the best at it then they go from hero to zero.
    Both Beorning and Mini are extremely useful for the Raid. Why? Because they offer besides their healing both a vast amount of utility the Rk Healer simply lacks.
    Rks Healers are best for defensive and proactive Healing, they have the best tools to prevent damage.
    But Minis, have anthems, which boost the damage and mitigations of every one. Inspire Fellows and Soliloquy of Spirit have also the capability of making everyone more sturdy.
    Bears, have very very good tank healing, but the most important part is that they can immensely buff the damage of the raid.

Most Raid groups will always want at leat one mini, the second choice should be then between beorning or rk and the rk will only be picked if the content has very high incoming peek damage.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhard View Post
    This is raid focused patch, so if nothing for that "great" analyzis will be implemented just deal with it. If not that cd change ppl wouldnt even say anything about that skill.
    Considering that the stated reasoning behind that change was specifically in relation to the upcoming raid, and that that reasoning was built upon complete and utter factual falsehoods about the skill, and an absolute disconnection of knowledge and understanding about the class' skill and ones related to it.... I would think that it was, in fact, extremely pertinent to a raid-focused patch.

The lack of knowledge about what they are fiddling with, and the lack of either time or effort to get themselves informed before they do, is showing itself up in other areas as well, and people are also complaining about them. I used the hunter note as an example. There are others - the above-mentioned "Ancient Lore" which appears to functionally do nothing and not affect any skill or ability because no such thing - skill OR trait - exists, is another example.

Every day it looks like the people making changes to this game have less and less knowledge about the current state of skills and mechanics, and are increasingly estranged from any understanding of our actual class abilities... but they dive in anyway and base what they are doing on misconceptions which are, in many cases, factually, mechanically, False.

Unless a lot of people make a lot of noise abut it, rather than snipping at each other about how important individual specific skill mistakes are, it is going to continue, and it is going to get worse.

This Is Not Okay
    Last edited by Harla; Feb 25 2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

I haven't downloaded the test server again yet sorry. But I feel that I need to remind you of the current state of the game.

This content is about a raid. However, the state of the game is that we don't have enough tanks and healers. These last few patches everyone complains about DPS, but if you actually want people to play this raid then it's tanks and healers that actually need the help.

Wardens: This is sold as a tanking class, but it cannot tank well. Why on earth did you buff the DPS for red line and not at all help the tanking? People needed this class to tank, not dps.

Guards: Thank God that guards are good because for 80% of your runs it's going to be a guard that might join.

Captains: They can tank, but they take more damage than a guard usually.

______________________________ _________

So think about what you have done. You have a tank that can take hits, guard, but can't heal.
    You have a tank that simply dies if he tries, Warden, because he can't take hits.
    You have a tank that can heal but he also takes more damage than a guard.

In every single case right now you have tanks with issues and the healer must compensate. So the two critical things that you need in any group content is a good tank and a good healer. And yet, this entire raid patch seems to focus on DPS classes.

Forget the DPS classes. You need to help the tanks and healers or people arn't going to be doing these raids much just like doing dailies has fallen out of favor. Don't believe me? Look how long it takes right now just to get a 6 man going because in the chat there are 3-4 instances waiting for a tank or a healer.

1. Make Wardens able to tank again
    2. Make it easier to level a Guard and a Captain - more dps for tanks
    3. More mitigations for tanks like Captain and Warden
    4. Fix any issues with healing for Rune Keeper and Mini

For years this game has been slowed down because its a pain to level a tank, some tanks can't tank, and all of them must have a good healer too when they tank. Forget DPS. Tanking and Healing is what is holding all group content to a stand still waiting and waiting and waiting for any run to start. I can't believe that you are making another raid when we can barely run any content now as it is because there are not enough people playing tanks.
    Last edited by HappyCappy; Feb 25 2020 at 08:58 AM.

Here is another post about this that might get you to understand what is going on with your game right now.

Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Healer
    Need Tank
    Need Healer
    Need Tank
    Need Healer
    Need Tank
    Need Healer
    Need Tank
    Need Tank
    Need Healer

Does this spell it out for you? No one wants to play a tank because they are hard to level, need max gear to do the job, and takes longer than you think to learn how to tank well.

HELP THE DANG TANKS PLEASE!

Hey,

First i can say, this raid more than we except. After Abby's and Anvil raid this one so far so good. Lot of mechanic which need to be sort out. Need to do team play. Not like just zerg zerg zerg. So worth to do some feedback's.

First Boss.

As we discover there 3 phase. Lightning, Acid and Fire.

Acid Phase

1 - When add come getting more then 1 eye ( it was only 1 eye previous build) not sure it suppose to be like this, but not look normal. Last time have 4 and sometimes 5 eye. And add chasing different people every 10 second. changing target. And its make to problem to control puddles in area.
    2 - Tanks getting puddle, duration is 14s. And its start dropping at 9sec/3sec/0sec. At total dropping 3 puddle. But somehow in group at same time 2 more people getting puddle, duration is 3 or 4 sec. Its really hard to manage when tank have this puddle with other 2 people. because duration is so short. i don't know it suppose to be like this but not look normal. ( previous build wasn't like this as well. " Green Face " 5 second duration was better to manage. )

In general for this phase can say puddle damages are little overtuned. Already have problem to cap Tactical Mitigation. and high morale based damages makes it over-tuned.

Lightning Phase;

This fight will be best one but looks there something wrong.

1 - Debuff names are so familiar. ' Negative Charge ', ' Diffused Negative Charge ' etc etc. If we chance one type of debuff with different name, it will be really good.
    2 - Arching lightning good detail. But sometimes having more then 4-5. one time got 9 of them at same time. And at same time getting 5-6 people or more. When need to group up for don't get one shout, its really make problem after group up. its not enough time to separate again. Also i believe this buff will be deactive when they are in charge area or they should be have protective.
    3- DNT Neither not work. If someone have both of them or if someone don't have anything they getting one shot. i don't think its suppose to be like this.

Fire Phase;

This phase looks fine. Didn't get any bug or problem. ( according second build of BR. )

Not:

In area, there some points which make add in ' exploit mode '. Will send a details directly do Dev's.
    After first boss, there are adds which feel endless spawn xD. while fighting with Elf's adds spawn so fast. i believe its really take time for nothing. maybe we can increase spawn time of adds. Also even you kill all of them somehow you will be stay in combat.

Second Boss

1- Boss getting ' Exploit mode ' in some points.
    2- Daughter's hit-box are so tiny, having problem to target/select them.
    3- Daughter spawn so close to main boss. there no way to avoid to get buff on boss when she close. Maybe it will be good if we move spawn point of her more far away.

With some changes this fight will be enjoyable. atm damages are look over-tuned even for t1/t2.

Set Bonuses

RK Yellow

It's reduced 5 from 10% but still its look 10%. Getting so often proc. It's look there is something wrong. Was getting same average proc when it was 10.

Guardian Blue

Thinking on throne, because throne was last raid we had specific armor bonuses instead of stat-wise and induction/attack duration. reducing 30s of Juggernaut still really not make any sense. because raid is more then 50% tactical/morale damage. I believe if we get WH CD or yellow set bonuses in blue it will be better. maybe this set bonuses will give Fortification increase from 10 to 12-13. it will be more useful then Juggernaut CD. Also another point is Captain tank looks more useful. Shield of Dünedain, Last Stand, In harm's way, +10 morale buff and many little buffs make Captain tank more fit as a tank and support. Another idea is maybe this set can increase Fortification raid-wise from 2 to 4 or maybe 5. Also it will be help to reduce Tactical Mitigation problem.

Stats

Like everyone says, have problem to get even soft cap on Tactical Mitigation.

For now its all. There some feedback about side-bosses and last boss but wanna try more to see they are major or minor problems.

Will do more whenever sort out other ones.

And one more thing, Please stop boost RK dps if not gonna boost other dps classes. we would like to have different classes in raid. atm RK is so far so good. as a DPS + Support + Range.
    - Narv

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Both Beorning and Mini are extremely useful for the Raid. Why? Because they offer besides their healing both a vast amount of utility the Rk Healer simply lacks.
    Rks Healers are best for defensive and proactive Healing, they have the best tools to prevent damage.
    But Minis, have anthems, which boost the damage and mitigations of every one. Inspire Fellows and Soliloquy of Spirit have also the capability of making everyone more sturdy.
    Bears, have very very good tank healing, but the most important part is that they can immensely buff the damage of the raid.

Most Raid groups will always want at leat one mini, the second choice should be then between beorning or rk and the rk will only be picked if the content has very high incoming peek damage.
    Before they gutted RK during the Anvil raid we ran with RK/Beos, I ran my mini in alt runs. Mini could still do all tiers but it obviously wasn't the best and they continued to nerf the other healers into the ground until they were.

You can't have an archaic design philosophy where you have one role wonder classes and them being bad at that role. Well, you can, like Champions... but nobody will play them if you do. Historically speaking they have never let Minstrel remain on the bottom of the pile for very long and if forced to address it when they do not have time/resources they tend to bring the chainsaw to the microsurgery table.

I'd rather they are warned about it in advance and they take more time and care when they change it. I am still apprehensive about it though, I would like to main heal with my RK, the way they have balanced in the past makes me reluctant to talk about it, but they weren't as brutal on the yellow RK changes as I thought they would be so there is hope some care will be taken with blue spec as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCappy View Post
    I haven't downloaded the test server again yet sorry. But I feel that I need to remind you of the current state of the game.

2. Make it easier to level a Guard
    3. More mitigations for tanks like Captain and Warden
    No.

Guards already got very good dps, bad compared to dps classes but still very strong.

Captains are buffers/healertanks and wardens are bpe oriented and they can get maxed mits and crazy bpe now with self buffing, no essences required..
    Giving these 2 more mits would totally break the game and make guards a totally useless class to play. I would rather have a bad trait line than have an entire dead class

I'd rather they are warned about it in advance and they take more time and care when they change it. I am still apprehensive about it though, I would like to main heal with my RK, the way they have balanced in the past makes me reluctant to talk about it, but they weren't as brutal on the yellow RK changes as I thought they would be so there is hope some care will be taken with blue spec as well.
    The Problem is HPS is not the base you can use to say x healer is good and y healer is bad. A good healer should not spam heal after heal after heal, when its actually not needed.
    Rks have a ton of overheal on the tank, because they hot their target and the hots also heal when it's not needed.
    Minis, however, can heal much more reactive and heal when it's needed.

In the current content, Mini can heal anything both the group and the tank, very well, without a sign of a problem.
    Last edited by Gertes; Feb 25 2020 at 11:49 AM.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    I'm guessing you missed the lines in the Preview#2 notes about Noble Mark? They changed it to 3% within a 3 sec window and a 12 m range for the benefit. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-SERVER-CLOSED
    Yeah, I did miss that. So they’ve made it almost identical to revealing mark except it is less useful because it only effects the captain. They have basically just nerfed what was a useful skill into redundancy.

Devs, leave noble mark alone! It is NOT overpowered and does NOT need changing!

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast