We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Patch Notes 25.3.4 - Gear revisited

While the Hytbold gear is getting its item level upped (to 123.... on par with boxes but not with scaled loot), there was no mention to the Erebor sets (which may get unlocked soon too) or the Gold crafted pieces (from the Horse-Lords recipes) / bartered rings (Rohan) / bartered pockets (Wildermore).

Can I hope those are getting a revision too in the near future? If not, I'd also like to know, so I can forget about them xD
    Please, and thanks!

Examples

Last edited by Laurelinarien; Feb 18 2020 at 05:40 PM.
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

And the other bug there's no mention of in tomorrow's notes: LIs

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    And the other bug there's no mention of in tomorrow's notes: LIs

I wonder if they gonna boost mobs dmg to 500% or not with this item-lvl increase cause right now its already a faceroll.

Cool

Imagine that. I made a whole thread about how the content is in the worst state of any level cap on Legendary Server, and exactly how to fix it.

Almost a month and a half later, the patch comes out with literally 0 balances changes, and now everyone is complaining.

The kicker: Erebor gear is locked for the foreseeable future, Landscape Third Age LIs are arguably as good as First Ages, gear stats are still atrocious and not a single person at SSG has even confirmed if they realize these are problems.

But at least we got a mediocre character portrait and a, straight up garbage, cosmetic outfit.

Epic gamer moment. Very cool.

No mention about gear rework for levels higher than 50 in these notes.
    :fingers_crossed: for next iteration?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...25-4-Preview-2

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    No mention about gear rework for levels higher than 50 in these notes.
    :fingers_crossed: for next iteration?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...25-4-Preview-2
    Who cares about gear rework? As long as the content is faceroll there is no point in buffing gear. First they should balance mobs on landscape and inside instances, then we can talk about gear improvements.

Moria would have been better on LS if they didn't buff the gear to such a crazy extent.

For the Wildermore dropped third ages and their dps stats, is this going to continue for the duration of the expansion? It feels bad to upgrade all my legacies and slot all my relics for a 3A, but something that could still be worth it if the stats for each tier will remain as they are. If there's a fix coming and I drop all my currency into a 3A because there's no communication it's gonna hurt a whole lot more.

Not knowing and having to guess what will or won't be done always feels terrible, especially for things as time consuming and expensive to complete as LI's. Usually that's the thing I'm most excited to focus on and kit out when a new level cap hits!
    Last edited by Nimenthe; Feb 21 2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Stormfall: Hunter,There and Back Again, Anor

Formerly: Diamint/Yvanor | Silverkeep, Vilya

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Who cares about gear rework? As long as the content is faceroll there is no point in buffing gear. First they should balance mobs on landscape and inside instances, then we can talk about gear improvements.

Moria would have been better on LS if they didn't buff the gear to such a crazy extent.
    I just want the ability to barter for raid armor. Some of the stats are super underwhelming I will say; but the trade off is the the use of some other set bonuses I guess.

Mirage | Anor
    Death's Bane | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post

On this note, my 2 cents. Gear rework isn't only related to item level, but I can expand my initial thought of what I mean by that:
    1. Since the promise was: "lootbox gear won't be better than gear you can get thru instances/raids", I claim they're failling us on the LS coz they forgot to check how their "new gear system" coexists with the "old gear system".
    2. Since we lack any sustainable means to get Motes (like dailies), it is a flat out P2W situation.
    3. The actual stats (not the numbers) on the lootbox gear and some scaled loot belongs to the new system, so they are actually useful (finesse, outgoing healing, etc).
    4. The bump on item level is a part of the rework, coz our endgame gear was (is) falling behind lootbox stuff. So, it was (and is) necessary.

I do agree that a proper stat balance on the gear should replicate on the instances as well. But don't forget the Erebor raids are scalable content, that already has the new formulas applied, and players don't have the "new gear system" available. I get it. "It's a faceroll". Hardcore raiders are bored even in t2. And/or lack any interest in running it coz Erebor sets are locked. But not all the population in the LS is a hardcore raider, and pugs do struggle in t2 (not in t1 tho, that's undeniable)... even if it is due to ignoring the mechanics, the fact that the gear is subpar for us to reach some stat caps doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimenthe View Post
    For the Wildermore dropped third ages and their dps stats, is this going to continue for the duration of the expansion? It feels bad to upgrade all my legacies and slot all my relics for a 3A, but something that could still be worth it if the stats for each tier will remain as they are. If there's a fix coming and I drop all my currency into a 3A because there's no communication it's gonna hurt a whole lot more.

Not knowing and having to guess what will or won't be done always feels terrible, especially for things as time consuming and expensive to complete as LI's. Usually that's the thing I'm most excited to focus on and kit out when a new level cap hits!
    Agree with you on the not knowing. I tried asking Cord today on his livestream. Answers weren't really aimed at me this time and I didn't find any replies that would be helpful at this point. I've been holding back coz I don't have unlimited time to repeat certain grinds ad aeternum if they decide to correct what's wrong. But if you listen to today's livestream, I think he mentioned whoever is in charge of overseeing the LS is aware of these issues... Cord just couldn't say IF / When the fixes may come.

Up to this date, in the current Bullroarer build, there's nothing for us that has been changed and may come in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    I just want the ability to barter for raid armor. Some of the stats are super underwhelming I will say; but the trade off is the the use of some other set bonuses I guess.
    Exactly.

Bumping due to today's BR notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...25-4-Preview-3
    Summary: Looks like the LIs DPS/HPS issue will be corrected soon.

No news on the other fronts.