We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Arotharrr View Post
    I've done some actual research around BoE's inherit crit chance so we can base theories on some data instead of fabricated claims from a single person.

    My conclusion is that BoE's inherrit passive crit chance is most likely a flat 10%, and it having a 40-45% passive base crit chance is deceptive and false information.

    On another note, the recent bugfix to allow BoE to take into account the light dmg legacy is a nice fix, with BoE legacy + light dmg, the base skill numbers are now about the same as the base skill numbers on DB
    Thank you for the tests, I knew something was fishy about 40% crit....

    Good to hear that the BoE Legacy is worth putting back on my Weapon, but once again they fixed one bug and broke something else. No clue if it was a ninja nerf or an actual bug but only time will tell, maybe four years down the line they'll fix this one as well?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,084
    Anyone considering weapon swapping like me?


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    Anyone considering weapon swapping like me?
    Assuming this isn't another joke...Plenty of Cappys do weapon swap, but I find it odd that you don't have Battle-readied damage on your main weapon at the very least...especially over Inspire or Battle-Hardened Inc...


    But unless you're going to be like Zaheer and use a separate weapon for each individual skill I don't really see much reason to swap.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,751
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the inspire damage legacy also increases the healing and power restore effects, or just the damage? Wondering if it is worth swapping it in on a heal/tank sword.

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the inspire damage legacy also increases the healing and power restore effects, or just the damage? Wondering if it is worth swapping it in on a heal/tank sword.

    Last I tested a year or so ago, no it does not increase the healing or restorative powers of Inspire.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    Last I tested a year or so ago, no it does not increase the healing or restorative powers of Inspire.
    Great, thanks for that. Won’t bother spending 30 Ithil coins on a legacy replacement scroll then

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Arotharrr View Post
    I've done some actual research around BoE's inherit crit chance so we can base theories on some data instead of fabricated claims from a single person.

    I've unequiped every piece of gear, reset the traitline, removed virtues and racial traits (can't undo stat tomes).
    This got me to a base crit chance of 0.5% ( 6.900 rating)


    first parse, wihtout any traitline:
    113 BoE's => 12 crits => 10.6%


    second parse, with 3 points in React to Battle for +5% crit on DB, PA, RC and BoE (note the trait has a typo and mentions Light of Elendig).
    I parsed in blue line as to not get the crit rating buff from red sure strike to mess with base rating.

    120 BoE's => 20 crits => 16.7%, this is in line with the expectation of base crit + trait bonus


    100+ BoE parses come a lot closer to better test data compared to a single 15.
    to be more sure someone could do a 1000 BoE parse.

    My conclusion is that BoE's inherrit passive crit chance is most likely a flat 10%, and it having a 40-45% passive base crit chance is deceptive and false information.


    On another note, the recent bugfix to allow BoE to take into account the light dmg legacy is a nice fix, with BoE legacy + light dmg, the base skill numbers are now about the same as the base skill numbers on DB

    I havent logged for a while but I find your claims off, the first reason is you not being actual red.

    You state
    ''I parsed in blue line as to not get the crit rating buff from red sure strike to mess with base rating.''
    You do realize that you can just skip sure strike and continue it after you're out of readied state? I assume you do very well. For that, this claim is false and you do not count in redline its full passive numbers added to blade of Elendil. As redline actually offers passive numbers to Elendil.
    But thanks for giving me the numbers of Elendil passives without the redline passives.

    IIRC roughly 11% base crit chance into Elendil without the redline passives. The redline passives add another 10%, banner is active 5%
    21+ crit rating 25% 41% roughly

    CBA bothering to test Elendil again with redline crit boost instead of blue, haven't played the game for nearly 2months now as content got too repetitive and boring. (as for the countless bugs)
    I'm satisfied enough that I was right about the passive boost, but guess I got confused with my information regarding the passive buff as I recall that I had counted up the numbers back in the day. Think it was like 3/4 yrs ago that I counted those numbers (at lvl 100-105 times).

    Anyway, despite countless arguments of people, my rotation is still right and now that they enforced the light-type dmg legacy onto it, my given rotations are being reinforced.

    Before the patch, they were better as well, as I explained, having a higher base dmg output over a gamble skill is always better. Despite people mistakenly thinking I was referring to using Elendil during an MoW proc, but yeah anyway, my work is done here.


    anywayzz

    I'm off from the game for quite some time, you'll see me running on the forums and logging so now and then to check for bugs, stealth nerfs, changes, and balance issues.
    If SSG thinks they can get away with a stealth nerf, they'll get blasted with forum topics by me.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the inspire damage legacy also increases the healing and power restore effects, or just the damage? Wondering if it is worth swapping it in on a heal/tank sword.
    melee skill healing, AE healing affects inspire healing.

    But due to a bug.. yes here we go again, only the initial heal is affected, not the HoT.

    This is my main weapon for purely battle states e.g. Deva, pressing, inspire and shadows lament and gallant display (if I were to use it)

    (older screenshot)
    Last edited by Zaheer; May 22 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

    Please leave me in my eternal slumber

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    Anyone considering weapon swapping like me?

    If you want to get the maximum dps out of your captain then yes, it's very worth it. I would recommend to switch your legacies around though. They seem a bit weirdly put between the 2 weapons (atleast to me).

    Don't forget the emblem as well for bleed pulses

    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc
    Assuming this isn't another joke...Plenty of Cappys do weapon swap, but I find it odd that you don't have Battle-readied damage on your main weapon at the very least...especially over Inspire or Battle-Hardened Inc...


    But unless you're going to be like Zaheer and use a separate weapon for each individual skill I don't really see much reason to swap.
    Which, if you look closely to the weapons atleast, is what he's implying in the first place. If you are comfortable with swapping li's consistently then it's 100% worth it.
    Last edited by tarpelion; May 23 2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    If you want to get the maximum dps out of your captain then yes, it's very worth it. I would recommend to switch your legacies around though. They seem a bit weirdly put between the 2 weapons (atleast to me).

    Don't forget the emblem as well for bleed pulses



    Which, if you look closely to the weapons atleast, is what he's implying in the first place. If you are comfortable with swapping li's consistently then it's 100% worth it.
    How would you work them around?

    I was thinking about having a weapon that focuses on skills to be used when opening battle-ready. After battle shout, swap to the other to use bleeds etc, then swap back when you want to end it for battle hardened.

    Is bleed pulses > bleed crit mag? I didn't think this would be the case, but I'll have to test it.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    Assuming this isn't another joke...Plenty of Cappys do weapon swap, but I find it odd that you don't have Battle-readied damage on your main weapon at the very least...especially over Inspire or Battle-Hardened Inc...


    But unless you're going to be like Zaheer and use a separate weapon for each individual skill I don't really see much reason to swap.
    I know plenty of captains weapon swap; people have been doing this since level 60. I just wanted to open a conversation about it.

    How would you reorder the legacies?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    How would you work them around?

    I was thinking about having a weapon that focuses on skills to be used when opening battle-ready. After battle shout, swap to the other to use bleeds etc, then swap back when you want to end it for battle hardened.

    Is bleed pulses > bleed crit mag? I didn't think this would be the case, but I'll have to test it.
    Bleed pulses -> bleed crit mag if the target's morale is high enough to make sure that the additional pulses will actually happen. If this is not the case then you stay with bleed crit mag ( basically when morale of target is low)

    Edit: this is the case for grave wound, for cutting attack i usually don't swap since the cutting attack dot doesn't stack. However, if you think you need the extra duration to ensure that your GW will get the aoe bleed from the CA bleed then obviously swap.

    personal setup:



    It's obviously all preference though but i switched around a ton and found this to be the easiest setup overall.
    Last edited by tarpelion; May 23 2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  12. #37
    One squirrely thing about the imbued bleed crit mag legacy is that it only applies to the bleed skills (i.e. the initial hit), not the actual pulses. Much like spear gambit, spear-shield gambit, etc damage legacies for wardens. So maybe it would be optimal to use the imbued bleed crit mag legacy on dying targets since it hits hard, but I think that's a low-yield use of my memory to train myself to not swap for bleeds sometimes.


    If I were to weapon swap, which I'm tempted to now, what about: (edit-removed because I garbled it, looking at the legacy page from my phone I mixed in some emblem legacies. I'll fix it later)
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; May 23 2020 at 04:08 PM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Ulxart, Loremaster

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    One squirrely thing about the imbued bleed crit mag legacy is that it only applies to the bleed skills (i.e. the initial hit), not the actual pulses. Much like spear gambit, spear-shield gambit, etc damage legacies for wardens. So maybe it would be optimal to use the imbued bleed crit mag legacy on dying targets since it hits hard, but I think that's a low-yield use of my memory to train myself to not swap for bleeds sometimes.


    If I were to weapon swap, which I'm tempted to now, what about: (edit-removed because I garbled it, looking at the legacy page from my phone I mixed in some emblem legacies. I'll fix it later)
    yes, you're better off using the imbued version to a dying target, as the unimbued version does only deliver more dmg if the time exceeds the imbued version, dont know by how much but that wont matter rlly.
    WhiteGoliath

    Please leave me in my eternal slumber

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload