We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is T5 possible with a Hunter?

Have any hunters run T5 instances? Specifically the 3-mans. I feel like I'm slowing down every group I am in and the highest I've done is T3, curious if any hunters are able to do T5 successfully.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Have any hunters run T5 instances? Specifically the 3-mans. I feel like I'm slowing down every group I am in and the highest I've done is T3, curious if any hunters are able to do T5 successfully.
    So far havent complete any T5 with my champion ether just couple of unsuccessful tries in Nazguls.Obviously whenever we have new content and highest tiers always they took the strongest classes first and then the others.I think for Nazguls a hunter who know to play the class well can be useful in there and survive if he stays a bit back.You will find group only with your kin tho cause Champions and hunters dont get any invites even for T3 from pugs.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

Yes T5's are possible with hunter. I regularly run harrowing/roost on t4/5 on my hunter. I have not tried the other two 3 mans on my hunter higher then t3, but they shouldnt be impossible, just slower as you said.

Painfully slow compared to other classes but yes, they can regularly and securely complete it. Hunters and champs have it rough at the moment. SSG has let them slip too far behind.
    Last edited by Armitas; Feb 16 2020 at 02:45 PM.

Yes, I've done Harrowing and Roost at T5 as a Hunter. I wouldn't want to try the Barrow because of the buff on the boss that seriously reduced ranged damage.

i've done a few of the MM instances at T5 as well. harrowing was challenging due to the high morale pool. roost wasn't too bad. the house of black lore was fun (at least for me it was), but kings was very challenging. the one i had issues with was barrow, due to the power drain debuff from specific wights (the boss wasn't that bad).
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

I've tanked Shadow Roost T5 several times with hunter as DPS successfully (Captain/Beo/Hunter). Only issue is the last boss due to running out of puddle space, since the fight takes 10-12 minutes. Harrowing is tough due to the lack of AOE, causing the warg damage to stack up and put a lot of pressure on the healer. If you switch to thinning adds you again run out of puddle room. I've done Deep Barrow T3 with a hunter once. The helmet debuff is ridiculous, so I'd never go back again in T3+ with a ranged dps.
    Last edited by Maelon; Feb 17 2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

The original promise of 3 man instances, that they could be done with almost any combination, has long fallen apart, the use of puddles turning things into effective dps races (because thats not so hard to design perhaps...) has made some class combinations very favoured at the expebse of others simply based on speed.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Maelon View Post
    I've tanked Shadow Roost T5 several times with hunter as DPS successfully (Captain/Beo/Hunter). Only issue is the last boss due to running out of puddle space, since the fight takes 10-12 minutes. Harrowing is tough due to the lack of AOE, causing the warg damage to stack up and put a lot of pressure on the healer. If you switch to thinning adds you again run out of puddle room. I've done Deep Barrow T3 with a hunter once. The helmet debuff is ridiculous, so I'd never go back again in T3+ with a ranged dps.
    all puddles despawn after around 5min, so you will never run out of puddle space even if you take 1h for the fight.