We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Erebor Gear locked

Tell me this is not true, we were all expecting being able to get the Erebor gear by completely the instances and raids, but they are still locked and a kin member was told today by a GM that this was intended and they will not be unlocked till level 90.

Maybe at the moment no "old" GMs are here.

In Former times you could barter the Armor in Skirmish camp if you have done the Raid in T1.
    Before you had done the Raids you read that you have to clear the raids, then, that you have to become 90 :-)

The Update for the armor you could get if you had done T2(cm? - should be) also.
    Here were bugs, as the Armor becomes very good for Blue Hunter with the Barrage "bug". But they could not get the Armor easy, as they have to do the Raid on Level, or had to be done before :-)

There was also a Mechanic, that you could barter 1st Age Symbols if you had done the Raid in T2cm.
    (i would not prefer that this happen again, as the few raider would control the market, even as i would maybe one of them)

We get 2x Symbols one in each T2 Raid, we did tonight.

The BG runs not not give any atm, not in T1, not in T2.

But to slow down the Rage. Non of the Raids needs really Damage, so we can keep calm.

Erebor Raid Sets unavailable

I was very disappointed after completing the Erebor raids to find out that the reason why I can't barter for the Erebor armor set at the skirm camp vendor had changed from "You must have completed the raid in T1" to "This will become available after the level cap reaches 90". What reason do you have for saying this is "working as intended"? It was misleading and I can only assume it is a mistake?

I'm gonna assume it's a mistake and that Prosciutto is just new. This can't be intended.

Everyone: just send a bug report, not just a ticket.
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

This was, in fact, 100% intended, because people used those sets at LVL105 due to their bonuses being better than the gear we were given.

All the sets got locked behind T2C live completion and got a 10 over-LVL lock (if you were LVL 95 or higher, it unequips itself)

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    This was, in fact, 100% intended, because people used those sets at LVL105 due to their bonuses being better than the gear we were given.

All the sets got locked behind T2C live completion and got a 10 over-LVL lock (if you were LVL 95 or higher, it unequips itself)
    Alright, we get that. The set is in fact for lvls 85-95. We are not saying that's wrong. What is wrong, is that our current endgame IS "The Road to Erebor", and those raids are a gate for obtaining the Erebor Sets. We completed the raids. We should be able to barter for the god**** pieces. NOW. Not within 4-5 months when the level cap is 95.

And this comes on top of ALL of our bartered gear being 20-25 ilvls lower than lootboxes and scaled loot.

*Long, very long, sigh*

this kind of "solution " takes the whole appeal of playing legendary server away for me. if you put in the effort to learn the raids ( yes i am doing this content for the very first time Live or Legendary ) and you run with groups to farm gear and improve your charachter to a point where your stats are at point so as not to be a constant wipe fest. after all that the prize is " oh well done but you can't have it"

there should be an incentive and reward for the achievements. right now there is no point to going further on the legendary server for me. i will have to just go see what Guild wars 2 or ESO is like

it just makes you feel cheated out of the reward.

Not playing on legendary servers but I wanted to comment here because just lol. That gear is for lvl85, what are they doing? Ruining their own vip servers? Just wow.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    Not playing on legendary servers but I wanted to comment here because just lol. That gear is for lvl85, what are they doing? Ruining their own vip servers? Just wow.
    There was a problem with the Erebor gear before Rohan on the legendary servers. You are right it's for 85-95 but you can't get it on live unless you run the raid at cap . I don't know if they changed it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    There was a problem with the Erebor gear before Rohan on the legendary servers. You are right it's for 85-95 but you can't get it on live unless you run the raid at cap . I don't know if they changed it recently.
    ~I've posted this on another thread already, so paraphrasing~

They are still locked behind the raids completion, to be precise: the completion of the IDOE deed (In Defence of Erebor). On the LS our lvl cap is 85, and the deed registers on my log as completed. In fact, the Skirm camp NPC knows I completed it, coz now when I go barter, he no longer asks for me to complete it... the text reads "when the cap reaches 90".

Again, I don't care about the regular servers, honestly... despite the LS being the same thing with a lower lvl cap. What baffles me is that the Erebor sets were endgame back in 2012/2013 and now we are deprived of that. Me, and a lot of players from the LS, want this fixed. That's all.

In 2013 you just needed to complete the raid at level 85, T1 for the regular set, and T2 for the greater set. It was in 2014 they made it so you had to beat it at level 100 cap to acquire it for some reason.

Comeon SSG, of course the raid gear should be barterable for the intended level cap just as it was back when ROR was released?

May be people from SSG thinks what Erebor gear set too good for legendary server and don't want to see people use it right now... even when it destroy all motivation for completing T2 raids

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    May be people from SSG thinks what Erebor gear set too good for legendary server and don't want to see people use it right now... even when it destroy all motivation for completing T2 raids
    It's not. Hytbold and Erebor stats are "an old system", like Cordovan said on his latest livestream... so, the sets aren't "interesting". But for some classes it allows for bonus variety.

And I must admit my complain is rooted on the fact that I can't wrap my mind around the fact that "The Road to Erebor" doesn't lead to Erebor sets. It's even worse than the BG sets not being allowed (another decision I am against! it also helps to add variety). It's like rebuilding Hytbold for no gear to be available.

When we reach 105 and Throne comes, will the Throne pieces be locked until a superior (and arbitrary) lvl cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Lootbox gear is stronger lol. There is literally no reason for this, if so I would like SSG to confirm WHY this is the case. Such a basic thing to fix :S

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Lootbox gear is stronger lol. There is literally no reason for this, if so I would like SSG to confirm WHY this is the case. Such a basic thing to fix :S
    Is box-gear BIS again? ### are they doing

Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    Is box-gear BIS again? ### are they doing
    It's 23-25 item levels higher than anything else available via craft or barter sources. I brought it up during Cord's livestreams twice. 1st time weeks before the release date was confirmed. And there was no work done to address this. Instead, they reworked lvls 1-50. Which is fine... if they had extended that attention to the RoR level cap.

Edit: I think I may re-roll a toon from scratch since 1-50 should be better now, right? The "don't rush to endgame on release" rule has proven true to the LS time and time again. After being so sore from Minas Morgul grind, I think I'm close to a time out if I don't regress back to SoA XD

Just create new character on legendary server for new Custom Character Portrait and get 15 level. Brandywine (on my prime time): 600-700 players, Anor: 200-250 players. No wonder why legendary servers slowly dying with such decisions.