We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Shire. Honestly... New Hampshire.
    Posts
    25

    I would like a shed...

    It would just be an additional, optional, outdoor storage container exclusively for storing yard items.
    More storage is always welcome and this could be a welcome addition for folks who have been collecting/crafting yard items for a while now. You can only have so much space between your housing chest and your bank spaces and as the game continues to advance I'm finding myself having to toss some of my festival items that I'd otherwise like to keep. I'd spend some LOTRO points on that and to expand it. Seems the mechanics for it are already built so it would be easy to implement and also who has a yard without a shed eh? Clearly, this is not a pressing matter but it would be a nice to have... at least for me anyway.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,636

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordrone View Post
    It would just be an additional, optional, outdoor storage container exclusively for storing yard items.
    More storage is always welcome and this could be a welcome addition for folks who have been collecting/crafting yard items for a while now. You can only have so much space between your housing chest and your bank spaces and as the game continues to advance I'm finding myself having to toss some of my festival items that I'd otherwise like to keep. I'd spend some LOTRO points on that and to expand it. Seems the mechanics for it are already built so it would be easy to implement and also who has a yard without a shed eh? Clearly, this is not a pressing matter but it would be a nice to have... at least for me anyway.
    Outoors storage shed (akin in look to outhouse but with open doors & some boxes, chests & tools visible) sound like a original new house decoration & will be even better if it have vault UI functionality or extra storage house chest.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,791
    /signed, nice idea.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery, one tart at a time.
    Posts
    431
    Indeed.

    Two versions; a He-Shed and a She-Shed.
    The She-Shed has an active function that when visitors click on it, it gets 'hit by lightning' and burns a short while.

    Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,636

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Devolved View Post
    Indeed.

    Two versions; a He-Shed and a She-Shed.
    The She-Shed has an active function that when visitors click on it, it gets 'hit by lightning' and burns a short while.
    A shed is not a character but a building, so it can't be male or female. For the people that like to use the classic vault UI object style (with a NPC), there is already that house decoration in game.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  6. #6
    I would enjoy a hobbit shedhole ... if it looked pleasant and I could decorate inside it and the price was reasonable. (I doubt such an item is possible.)

    ...

    I wonder how many people would actually purchase a second house storage chest, in any form, if it cost 595 points for every 10 storage slots--the going rate. (I doubt many people would buy it. In fact, I doubt most people asking for it have already unlocked the maximum storage space currently available to them. I most certainly have not!)

    ...

    If I was offered a new source of convenient storage at a price competitive with making a new storage character I would probably purchase it. (I dislike making new characters because I have a habit of playing them. It now takes a gigantic amount of time to make a decent character so I shun anything that takes time away from my main characters.)

    ...

    When I was in your situation I created a new character and designated her as the Keeper of Housing Items. This was before the time required to make a decent character greatly expanded. It requires some discipline not to play storage characters so I well understand any aversion to creating them. I admit, in the recent past, I have expanded the personal storage of a number of characters (at 895 points for 15 storage) instead of making new characters. That is completely illogical and stupid but I am a bubblehead.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolved View Post
    Indeed.

    Two versions; a He-Shed and a She-Shed.
    The She-Shed has an active function that when visitors click on it, it gets 'hit by lightning' and burns a short while.
    I actually laughed, good one!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,636

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieTheEnchantress View Post
    ... I wonder how many people would actually purchase a second house storage chest, in any form, if it cost 595 points for every 10 storage slots--the going rate. (I doubt many people would buy it. In fact, I doubt most people asking for it have already unlocked the maximum storage space currently available to them. I most certainly have not!)...
    I did & i know many other players that also unlocked the maximum current house storage space. Either way, i like the shed house item for the cosmetic value & i will get such item, even if it does nothing but looks pretty, as probably many people that like to decorate their houses, will do. The storage functionality will be a way to sweeten the pot, for those that only buy decorations that do something.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Shire. Honestly... New Hampshire.
    Posts
    25
    ... I suppose you could also do a "closet" which is strictly for hearth and home items. In-game it would just be a door on the wall. (Appropriate to the housing style) Move it where you like in the house after you buy/unlock it. This way your "chest" is filled with "treasure" type items and not desks, beds, tables, fishing and taxidermy trophies. No one puts that stuff in a chest. They stuff that junk in a closet and hope it doesn't kill them in an avalanche of knick-knacks the next time they open it. No?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,636

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordrone View Post
    ... I suppose you could also do a "closet" which is strictly for hearth and home items. In-game it would just be a door on the wall. (Appropriate to the housing style) Move it where you like in the house after you buy/unlock it. This way your "chest" is filled with "treasure" type items and not desks, beds, tables, fishing and taxidermy trophies. No one puts that stuff in a chest. They stuff that junk in a closet and hope it doesn't kill them in an avalanche of knick-knacks the next time they open it. No?
    That will be a indoors storage space while a shed is outdoors, i also like this idead. Will be fun to have to have a door house item that opens to a closet room space when used. I suppose that you could also do it on a house with many rooms on any the existing houses. Just gotta stack a lot decorations in a hoarding manner, like the rooms inside Bag End (Bilbo's house). You could use the secret room at the Luxurious Gondorian house for it.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    469
    Man, when I grew up, woodsheds were unofficially used by dads with a belt when the kids messed up. My hide hurts just thinking about that........

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,636

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Man, when I grew up, woodsheds were unofficially used by dads with a belt when the kids messed up. My hide hurts just thinking about that........
    That is a misuse of the building & child abuse.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  13. #13

    2 sheds

    Great idea. Get two, so you'll be known as Two sheds... (Hat tip to Monty Python)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload