We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The story of my new PC trouble (aka Hurin is awesome!)

I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem

Recently I bought a fancy new gaming desktop 'cause my old one finally burnt out. Specs are:

CyberPowerPC with AMD Ryzen 3 2300X
    8GB Memory
    AMD Radeon RX 570
    1TB HDD + 240GB SSD
    And Windows 10

A very nice upgrade considering my old PC was at least 10 years old. So I got everything setup and downloaded the game with no problems at first. But when I tried to change the resolution settings I got that 'Could not initialize Direct3D. Please ensure that Directx 9.0c is installed' error and had no option to switch between Directx options of course. So after a bit of forum searching to refresh my memory (been awhile since I had to do this) I found that wonderful tip from Hurn about the "ForceFakeFullscreen" setting in Userpreferences. Changed to True. Boom Done.

Yay! Hurin is the best!

Here is a link to the thread I found in case anyone might need it: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ION-WORKAROUND
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem

Recently I bought a fancy new gaming desktop 'cause my old one finally burnt out. Specs are:

CyberPowerPC with AMD Ryzen 3 2300X
    8GB Memory
    AMD Radeon RX 570
    1TB HDD + 240GB SSD
    And Windows 10

A very nice upgrade considering my old PC was at least 10 years old. So I got everything setup and downloaded the game with no problems at first. But when I tried to change the resolution settings I got that 'Could not initialize Direct3D. Please ensure that Directx 9.0c is installed' error and had no option to switch between Directx options of course. So after a bit of forum searching to refresh my memory (been awhile since I had to do this) I found that wonderful tip from Hurn about the "ForceFakeFullscreen" setting in Userpreferences. Changed to True. Boom Done.

Yay! Hurin is the best!

Here is a link to the thread I found in case anyone might need it: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ION-WORKAROUND
    Hurin WAS the best, poor moderation pissed him off and he quit a couple of years ago; I suspect - like me, he has a look in now and then though; and also like me, only when something odd is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Hurin WAS the best, poor moderation pissed him off and he quit a couple of years ago
    Hurin was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_of_Dor-lomin View Post
    Hurin was banned.
    That's sad news. He helped me tons in the past.
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_of_Dor-lomin View Post
    Hurin was banned.
    I noticed he hadn't posted in awhile. That really sucks. He was so helpful and smart 'bout this stuff.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.