We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rohan housing doesn't have stately houses?

As far as I have read and seen in videos (I couldn't try it in beta because I came late), there is 1 meadhall (kinhall size) (around 800 mithril coins) and 10 deluxe houses (around 400 mithril coins). Stately in Gondor were around 200 mithril coins (6-10 writs).

I really hope that the prices shown are subject to change, because I planned to get a stately since I heard about Rohan housing, now my hype is down to the ground... In Gondor I have one of the stately houses near the lighthouse, that are the most expensive of the stately options (+200 MC/10 writs). I was hoping to see a similar option in Rohan. After all, in one (or more) of your packs, you are selling stuff + 6 writs (I bought one of these packs: 1000 lps and you get vxp, mount, 6 writs... one time purchase per account), and you claimed "get one house in Gondor!". Yes, it's true, with 6 writs you can get a house in Gondor. Not possible in Rohan
    Last edited by Fegefeuer; Feb 15 2020 at 01:50 PM.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

I remember coming back to the game and trying my hardest to find a way to buy a Belfalas House. I really do like decorating but I knew the prices were a bit high for someone cheap like myself. The stately houses were either 137 or 145 Mithril Coins. I managed to scrounge up 95 Mithril Coins through various promotions and buy another two 25 packs of Mithril Coins when they went on sale for 350 lotro points each. At least the kin let me scratch the itch in decorating their building.

And honestly I knew from the start that 422 Mithril Coins for a Luxury House or 745 Mithril Coins for a Deluxe Home was too much. That's the price of two to four expansions. They did mention the price is subject to change but I too hoped there were some stately houses to buy from. To some degree, I would even pay 145 Mithril Coins for a little house like you'd see in Faldham or even one of those barns previewed on the bullroarer you could decorate inside off the side of some of the properties. I'd be happy as long as it had the appropriate number of decorating spots as the standard stately houses

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I remember coming back to the game and trying my hardest to find a way to buy a Belfalas House. I really do like decorating but I knew the prices were a bit high for someone cheap like myself. The stately houses were either 137 or 145 Mithril Coins. I managed to scrounge up 95 Mithril Coins through various promotions and buy another two 25 packs of Mithril Coins when they went on sale for 350 lotro points each. At least the kin let me scratch the itch in decorating their building.

And honestly I knew from the start that 422 Mithril Coins for a Luxury House or 745 Mithril Coins for a Deluxe Home was too much. That's the price of two to four expansions. They did mention the price is subject to change but I too hoped there were some stately houses to buy from. To some degree, I would even pay 145 Mithril Coins for a little house like you'd see in Faldham or even one of those barns previewed on the bullroarer you could decorate inside off the side of some of the properties. I'd be happy as long as it had the appropriate number of decorating spots as the standard stately houses
    There are a few little houses around the kingstead neighborhood that don't have working doors or large yards, they should definitely be turned into cheaper housing options.
    Crickhollow-
    r4 lvl 100 - Roelen, Guardian of Lindon
    r1 leveling - Celerad, Captain of Gondor

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post

I think like you, I am not spending 400 MC or even 800 MC on a house, for me its crazy, as you say, its more expensive than expansions. I dont really care much about the housing spots. I am happy if a Rohan stately has the same as Gondor stately. Currently I have 6 writs from the 1000Lp pack, and planned to buy 4 more writs hoping to get a stately as expensive as my Gondor house. But for 400MC? 20 writs? No thanks, I prefer getting expansions.

I completely understand that this is cosmetic stuff and I totally support that SSG is making money with it, I have zero problems. But not adding a cheap house ala Gondor for people like me (pretty sure there are many because its very hard to find stately houses now), only shows that it is an obvious cashgrab, even making bad the fact of being 2 neighbourhoods (double cashgrab). And I dont think that people who were planning to get a 150-200 MC house, are now going to say *no 200 MC? Okay I buy one of 400 MC*. At least I wont lol
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Quote Originally Posted by Roelen View Post
    There are a few little houses around the kingstead neighborhood that don't have working doors or large yards, they should definitely be turned into cheaper housing options.
    To be honest, and even if I am early to critize it because it needs more changes, as it is now it feels like a total cashgrab. Its not bad they want to make money from cosmetic stuff, in fact, its perfect. But people who planned to get the cheapest version wont say *np I will get the 400/800 MC!*.

I want to believe it will change because its hard to believe that after many years they do this. Neighbourhoods without cheap houses are a terribly bad design. If Gondor is premium housing, this should be called king housing lol and the next one only kinhall houses for 800 MC for god housing...

I'm just SO excited.

This is my first post ever in the 7 years I've been playing LOTRO. I play, not to get essences or armor, or anything else for "power" but because I take IMMENSE joy and relaxation in housing. I just wish there were more housing crafting options. I'd grind the CR** outta this game to make stuff for my houses.

Look forward to seeing the final versions! I'll be buying a FEW of these houses. SO EXCITED.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneth View Post
    I'm just SO excited.

This is my first post ever in the 7 years I've been playing LOTRO. I play, not to get essences or armor, or anything else for "power" but because I take IMMENSE joy and relaxation in housing. I just wish there were more housing crafting options. I'd grind the CR** outta this game to make stuff for my houses.

Look forward to seeing the final versions! I'll be buying a FEW of these houses. SO EXCITED.
    May SSG get the money they lose from people who were wanting to buy stately houses from you...

I am still wanting an official answer about if in the final version of Rohan housing there won't be any stately houses. I assume there won't be, but I'd like a blue name to confirm it, please.