We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blue captain and warden tank

After searching up some info and thinking this out, I came to the idea that a blue captain could actually be the best healer for the warden. This because we allow the warden it's healing capability to be amplified through buffs.

Since our buffs do allow the warden it's healing to become temporary much stronger, they could act as cooldowns for the ''ooh sht'' moments.

As blue red, we amplify the DPS slightly aswell, allowing the warden to possibly hold more aggro too.

The other tree is blue + yellow, we've got the option to throw down a yellow standard, giving the warden a +30% inc heal for 30 seconds.

This combined with our To Arms, we could give the warden a permanent +30/25% healing boost.

I'll need a warden who's willing to test this. Pls contact me on Evernight, thanks! ^^

Just want to see how well it applies.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

It's a nice thought, but I don't think blue captain is specifically better for wardens. Not because the synergy you mention isn't there, but because wardens make very weak tanks, and therefore need a very strong healer to compensate. I don't think blue captains have the raw single-target healing output to keep a warden alive.

Secondly, other healers have their own synergies and cooldown substitutes. Runekeepers and minstrels can reduce incoming damage/boost mitigations and use Fates/bubbles for "cooldowns". Beornings can use Sacrifice. To Arms/Song-Brother's Call/banner are all nice, but not especially good for wardens (as compared to, say, guard or bear tanks), and they won't work very well as cooldowns, since they don't prevent much damage.

If you're a captain and you want to work with a warden "tank", give Shield of the Dunedain to a red warden. That's what we did on the add waves on Isvítha (Anvil), and it's pretty fun.
    Andhilin, Ifeyina, Iondhilin, wardens of Gondolin -- Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindhol View Post
    It's a nice thought, but I don't think blue captain is specifically better for wardens. Not because the synergy you mention isn't there, but because wardens make very weak tanks, and therefore need a very strong healer to compensate. I don't think blue captains have the raw single-target healing output to keep a warden alive.

Secondly, other healers have their own synergies and cooldown substitutes. Runekeepers and minstrels can reduce incoming damage/boost mitigations and use Fates/bubbles for "cooldowns". Beornings can use Sacrifice. To Arms/Song-Brother's Call/banner are all nice, but not especially good for wardens (as compared to, say, guard or bear tanks), and they won't work very well as cooldowns, since they don't prevent much damage.

If you're a captain and you want to work with a warden "tank", give Shield of the Dunedain to a red warden. That's what we did on the add waves on Isvítha (Anvil), and it's pretty fun.

Yes, but with the current AOE damage on the group by current instance design, the blue/red captain could proc a 10%+ mitigation to the warden both tact and physical every 20 seconds (interval) cd = 30

do not forget that we'd give t mit buffs to the group aswell.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Feb 14 2020 at 11:47 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

Blueline is pretty good for some situations if geared for it. Worked for black lore t3, and for kidzul-kalah and thikil t3+ when that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphenAvari View Post
    Blueline is pretty good for some situations if geared for it. Worked for black lore t3, and for kidzul-kalah and thikil t3+ when that was a thing.
    I've healed Lamentation t3 and Nazguls aswell and i think warden tank is not so bad IF the group is well geared/experienced .

Ofc its not guardian or captain but if you're good and geared self heals are really strong.
    ~~Thanasis - Captain (Evernight)~~

I would say blue captain might be good when tank does not receive a lot of damage, but you're clearly overstimating warden self heal ability.
    In a true boss fight wardens self heal around 12-15k HPS depending on group setup. If you focus nearly exclusively in spamming self heals you can achieve 20k but that would mean ignoring aggro and such. Captains pretty much self heal that much, even guardians aren't far behind so even if wardens self heal way more with blue captain, you would still need lots of ST healing on tank since wardens got no cooldowns and get bigger hits than other tanks. I think rk always was best healer for warden, due to constant healing and a couple of damage reduction cooldowns and bubbles which is exactly what warden lacks. And also rk put 15% inc healing on tank so that's good for wardens too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I would say blue captain might be good when tank does not receive a lot of damage, but you're clearly overstimating warden self heal ability.
    In a true boss fight wardens self heal around 12-15k HPS depending on group setup. If you focus nearly exclusively in spamming self heals you can achieve 20k but that would mean ignoring aggro and such. Captains pretty much self heal that much, even guardians aren't far behind so even if wardens self heal way more with blue captain, you would still need lots of ST healing on tank since wardens got no cooldowns and get bigger hits than other tanks. I think rk always was best healer for warden, due to constant healing and a couple of damage reduction cooldowns and bubbles which is exactly what warden lacks. And also rk put 15% inc healing on tank so that's good for wardens too.
    By a lot of damage, I take it that you imply spike. Yes, but we know that warden on it's own can hardly deal with spike dmg and so does blue captain.

and yes, CPT and Guard do have lots of selfhealing, but guardian gets barely affected by the healing buffs and for yellow captain it's a bit meh imo. Blue captains are somewhat comparable to RK heals, we do a lot of passive healing and less reactive.

We do HAVE a few reactive heals e.g. keeping RC ready to counter spike. For the amount of benefits the warden does receive from a blue cpt, I think blue cpt does have a clear advantage here.

But yeah, lets hope SSG does actually want to put some effort into the wardens class.
    WhiteGoliath

Not really the case.

Warden takes 2x the damage of other tanks, with no survival CDs or group utilities, so it needs way more healing than a Blue Captain can put out single-target. In addition, Inspiriting Presence won't work on more than a couple of our gambits (none of which matter) because they're all Melee or Ranged, not Tactical anymore like some of them used to be.

Warden self healing right now is literally worse than a Yellow Captain's ability to self heal, added to which the Yellow Captain can also heal everybody else at the same time haha. I've pushed up to 35k HPS (including group with Conviction) on Warden which obviously completely nerfs my ability to keep any self buffs up or DPS, I've had over 100k on Yellow Captain. Incomparable.
    #15skills