We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Coupon Codes Less Available

Coupon Codes in the store are valid Thursday through Thursday.

It used to be that the LotRO Beacon was posted every Thursday, containing among other things, the next free sample coupon code.

The Beacon is lately posted on Friday or later! So that's 1-2+ days we are no longer available to take advantage of the weekly store coupon code.

It was a nice thing for the whole community that is not as nice as it used to be.

Bummer.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    My completely amateurish often-LotRO Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/moondog548

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    Coupon Codes in the store are valid Thursday through Thursday.

It used to be that the LotRO Beacon was posted every Thursday, containing among other things, the next free sample coupon code.

The Beacon is lately posted on Friday or later! So that's 1-2+ days we are no longer available to take advantage of the weekly store coupon code.

It was a nice thing for the whole community that is not as nice as it used to be.

Bummer.
    It's generally posted on Fridays now, and you still have a week to use the code. As I understand it, you can only use the code once - so I don't quite understand your problem here. Whether you use it on Friday or on Tuesday, you can only use it once. It doesn't matter how much of a window there is for use as long as you remember to use the code in the proper window. I don't see a problem here.

Bummer.
    what are you talking about? its the same as its always been, only difference is that moved to Friday, literately nothing else has changed, so i too am not understanding the issue here.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

We have one less day available to us to log in and redeem the coupon. It's only a little thing, but it's a small shame. And no mention was made of the change, much less an explanation, so I thought I'd point it out the unfortunate trend in the hopes of countering it together.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    My completely amateurish often-LotRO Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/moondog548

We have one less day available to us to log in and redeem the coupon. It's only a little thing, but it's a small shame. And no mention was made of the change, much less an explanation, so I thought I'd point it out the unfortunate trend in the hopes of countering it together.
    Cordovan did mention the change somewhere here in the forums. Basically, the person responsible left SSG, and Fridays were more convenient for the schedules of the other workers. I'm sorry, but this is not a problem. You're aware of it, and you have a week to log in and get it. It's not like this code disappears after fifteen minutes or something. There's absolutely nothing to counter - this is not something substantive.

You're arguing something that I am not. In my first post I didn't stress how small this specific issue was, so I can understand the confusion there, but in the follow up I thought I was pretty clear.

I said only what I meant, that this small change is indicative of an unfortunate trend. The slow, slight, but steady erosion of our experience as players/customers/community-members. Obviously SSG has fewer and fewer resources to devote to the game. That's understandable. It's still worth us monitoring and discussing if the experience we're having overall is getting better or getting worse. Our feedback may help them better allocate those limited resources to deliver better value to bring in more business.

And again, the coupon code is not a crucial point that needs urgently addressed. I just felt it worth pointing out as a sign of the times. One more little tiny bit of value allowed to slip.

I guess it would be nicer if they moved the coupon code time frame from Friday to Friday as well..... but then we would probably hear all the Europeans complain that this doesn't work for their time zone schedules!

One can never win.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.