We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by T0RL0C View Post
    English try with deepl

What if the village or your own home is attacked at irregular intervals?
    You could organize housing events and try to protect your house/village so that it is not looted or burned down. Similar to those daily construction quests in Rohan to save the burnt village, i can't remember the name.
    What does the community think about this idea? I think Rohan would be the ideal place for such events.
    Your English is good!
    This sounds like something roleplayers would do, and as a roleplayer myself, I'd be all for it!
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekGirl View Post
    I would love a smaller house option! My RP character in Rohan isn't wealthy and doesn't have an "estate" just a tiny cottage. I don't understand why the "small" houses in Gondor/Rohan are ten times the size of the "small" houses in the non-premium homesteads. I'd be delighted with a little two-room Rohan house like the standard Bree houses.

Also agree about the stone walls, I HATE them. Either make them far more sparse or put up wooden fences or just leave the pathways open!!
    I agree with you, part of what turned me off on Gondor housing was how friggin gigantic the places are. I think SSG confuses the need for more item hooks with giant housing..I'd be perfectly happy with a house that is the size of a bree kinhouse in Rohan.

I feel like they never got it right. Housing in the original homesteads was way too small (Kin houses were good for individuals), then Gondor had these massive houses...how about something in the middle?
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    The problems as I see it are:
    - The homestead is slap bang in the middle of a questing area, so breaks the immersion
    - It is bigger than Edoras and can be seen from miles around - there was no walled city this close to Edoras in Rohan
    - The walls surrounding the homesteads actually limit the freedom of movement around the game map - at the moment there appears to be only one viable entrance and exit.
    I agree. I'd much rather see it off-map and instanced.

- Give the settlement a name! If you’re going to create a major settlement in the middle of Rohan, it needs a name, identity, history etc.
    - There’s a meadhall in the middle - these are only owned by thanes or Reeves, who are not going to simply ‘sell their house as they go off to war’ (the justification provided in the quest text). The thane and all of his/her family would have to have died, and then Theoden/Eomer has asked you to become thane and renew the settlement - otherwise the lore justification for this is pretty dodgy.
    I imagine the neighborhoods will be named like they are in other homestead clusters, it won't just be 100 "Kingstead" villages. Least, I hope not!! What a dreadful thought.
    The empty meadhalls are actually a GREAT thing for roleplayers (which is what Laurelin is all about). I know of quite a few RPers who already are brainstorming about stories and RP campaigns using the Rohan homesteads, including the meadhalls for Thane/Reeve characters. I love it.

My suggested solution?
    - Get rid of the Kingstead plains zone and keep the one in the hills.
    - The hillside one is out of the way and can be ignored by those that don’t want/can’t afford to buy a house (most people).
    - The hillside area makes much more sense to be fenced off, given the landscape surrounding it.
    I say no way to this. I love the look of the Kingstead neighborhood far better. Who pictures Rohirrim living on a mountainside? No, we picture them on wide-open plains! I'm fine with the hillside neighborhood existing, but don't take away our option to have our dream: living on the plains like Rohirrim do! Just make the Kingstead neighborhood instanced to get it off the landscape.

I say no way to this. I love the look of the Kingstead neighborhood far better. Who pictures Rohirrim living on a mountainside? No, we picture them on wide-open plains! I'm fine with the hillside neighborhood existing, but don't take away our option to have our dream: living on the plains like Rohirrim do! Just make the Kingstead neighborhood instanced to get it off the landscape.
    A fair point - if it can be removed from the landscape and not trouble those who are questing, then I see no problem with it. I don't quite see how this could be done though.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I agree with you, part of what turned me off on Gondor housing was how friggin gigantic the places are. I think SSG confuses the need for more item hooks with giant housing..I'd be perfectly happy with a house that is the size of a bree kinhouse in Rohan.

I feel like they never got it right. Housing in the original homesteads was way too small (Kin houses were good for individuals), then Gondor had these massive houses...how about something in the middle?
    I agree in general! Though I love the tiny Bree houses, they just feel far more realistic for what a common peasant might own! And they're so cozy

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    A fair point - if it can be removed from the landscape and not trouble those who are questing, then I see no problem with it. I don't quite see how this could be done though.
    I pray it can be Maybe if people holler loud enough... if not, we'll just have to take what we get.

Just make the Kingstead neighborhood instanced to get it off the landscape.

Yes Yes Yes. Ateast this plz YES again.

I have suggested something more fair enough (in my opinion) in my last reply on this thread

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ads-suggestion

Edit: Your suggestion is the most realistic though!!
    Last edited by Aleziana; Feb 21 2020 at 12:49 PM.
    Argohald Champion(main), Phokalin Guardian, Aljeza Lore master : The Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana Lore master, Ellinas Guardian Landroval
    Member of old Riddermark family (server)

YES. I've been asking this for years! All we have is the "map" table. We need PLAIN tables, please!! For now, I use either Beorn's table or the dwarf tables, nothing else looks remotely fitting.
    Thirded! Why do we have huge numbers of chairs and NO Rohan table? There are plenty of nice looking tables in the NPC houses. I too use the dwarf or Beorn table. And my other pet peeve-the empty Rohan bookcases. Please put something in them! Books or scrolls, or even housing items-stacked linens, canisters or the like. Or both, for variation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2