We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

House Writs will apply to Rohan Housing?

Can someone confirm that the House Writs on sale right now can be used to purchase homes in the upcoming Rohan neighbourhood?
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Can someone confirm that the House Writs on sale right now can be used to purchase homes in the upcoming Rohan neighbourhood?
    I got suspicious when Cordonvan said something about the new Rohan housing being their own thing during the last live stream. He was asked this very question but he didn't choose to answer or didn't see the question. With the writs being up for sale you could see it as an attempt to sell a worthless item, just a coincidence or generously offering them up to be ready for a new house.

Suspect it's a coincidence and Legendary Writs will be a thing soon. Item Database anyone?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    I can NOT confirm 100% as things might change. However on BR atm it's either MC or Writs. Only SSG staff could confirm if it will stay that way or not.

I surely hope it will stay that way as we have saved up around 30+ Writs on both my account, as well as my son 30+ writs on his. Plus some MC. Simply awaiting Rohan housing for a long time when it was first hinted it would eventually be added. If not we will feel kind of "cheated" on buying writs.

In any case. Don't take my word for it. You can check out Druidsfires video where she visits both neighbourhoods. She also opens the NPC menues where youb cxan see current prices on BR. In her video she says there will be no Kinship houses, only various sized Deluxe houses. Ranging from a Mead Hall to normal Deluxe. Note that this is very early stages and it "slipped" into the build and was not supposed to be visible for the genrral public on BR yet, or so they say. So ALOT can change before it goes live.

The whole house thing starts at about 5 min and 28 sec into the video.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLx05lGA0U&t=322s

I hope that its just temporary with no Kinhouses and that Kinhouses will be added or maybe the Mead Halls will be the Rohan style Kinhouses. If not it will be a pain to get friends or even alts on various accounts to visit. No point in setting up crafting station and vendors etc if not all can easily map there, visit the Kinhouse and use them. If itä's only perosnal houses for Your account it would eman only Your accounts characters would get a map there. Not any alt accounts, friends, family or Kinmembers etc. We are planning for a Kinhouse (or at least we were before the video saying there will be no kinhouses) and one Deluxe house each. So 3 houses in all. If there will be no Kinhouses then I don't know how we will do, as we like to have all gathered in the same place and not have to map or ride around to various places. We like to have it all in one neighbourhood with easy access. One map there and then houses near each other so we can run over in no time.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I got suspicious when Cordonvan said something about the new Rohan housing being their own thing during the last live stream. He was asked this very question but he didn't choose to answer or didn't see the question. With the writs being up for sale you could see it as an attempt to sell a worthless item, just a coincidence or generously offering them up to be ready for a new house.

Suspect it's a coincidence and Legendary Writs will be a thing soon. Item Database anyone?
    I have to admit I got that same tingling sensation of caution/danger/warning/suspicion in my stomach when I heard that in the stream too. Burned one time too many I guess.

Mead Halls are the Rohan kinhouses, yes. And they're humongous!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Mead Halls are the Rohan kinhouses, yes. And they're humongous!
    What did You just say ??? T R I G G E R E D !!!

Note: A joke with a reference. I think some of You who watched YouTube once in a while (especially some time back) will get it. Others might not.

I can't and won't explain it more than that, as jokes are not fun when explained.

Both Rohan neighborhoods are premium housing and can be purchased with either Writs or Mithril Coins. Prices are still being balanced based on location and other factors.

There are no Kinship properties in either neighborhood (an individual can own their own meadhall!). We know one of the important features of a kinship house is ease of gathering together. With that in mind, one of the key features we are working on is a way for players to visit the houses of other members of their kinship.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Both Rohan neighborhoods are premium housing and can be purchased with either Writs or Mithril Coins. Prices are still being balanced based on location and other factors.

There are no Kinship properties in either neighborhood (an individual can own their own meadhall!). We know one of the important features of a kinship house is ease of gathering together. With that in mind, one of the key features we are working on is a way for players to visit the houses of other members of their kinship.
    Nice of You to reply Scenario !!! So no Kinhouses in Rohan then. *sad face* I'm not a fan of the Gondorian style houses and was hoping for a kinhouse in Rohan, finally. Oh well.

The part I highlighted in orange sound like a good idea though to compensate for it. All depending on how it's implemented of course. The cooldown on the maps or invitation etc. It needs to be at least as easy as it is to visit a kinhouse (not some long cooldown and such), or people will just use their current kinhouses and hardly ever visit these new neighbourhoods which would be a shame, as they look gorgeous.

With a visit feature in place, any house can effectively become a kinship house (at least as far as it being a social gathering point). The Meadhalls have the same number and types of hooks as a Belfalas Island house does - plus housing across these two neighborhoods will have features in it that aren't available elsewhere (such as the brand new moveable Lighting hooks). We knew going into building these that getting people to give up their islands was going to be a hard sell - so we figured a combination of no kinship requirement, and new features, would entice players to these neighborhoods.

Thumbs up

With a visit feature in place, any house can effectively become a kinship house (at least as far as it being a social gathering point). The Meadhalls have the same number and types of hooks as a Belfalas Island house does - plus housing across these two neighborhoods will have features in it that aren't available elsewhere (such as the brand new moveable Lighting hooks). We knew going into building these that getting people to give up their islands was going to be a hard sell - so we figured a combination of no kinship requirement, and new features, would entice players to these neighborhoods.
    My enticement mainly comes from the artwork style.. Gondor felt cold and never really appealed to me. What I've seen in both Rohan ones so far makes me wanna move there, just landscape & housing styles overall

I hope the "downtown" remains as is, feature-wise, I like having the crafting stations there for convenience and coz it frees up home hooks.

Thanks for providing confirmation on the Writs and MC being valid, and explaining some more about the idea behind them. Can't wait to see more! I already know I'm moving there, so I hope you make them available for the LS as well (since Belfalas is there xD).

Great work, Scenario!

Edit: I can't decide if the red lighting options give it an "adult" ambience, or murderous :P
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

I realy understand of puting houses over the white mountains (it makes more sence and you can enjoy a nice view of rohan ) but jeez why did you had to destroy the beautifull open landscape of Rohan where half orcs were running happily to get killed so to get cash fast? I mean really now your boomer boss said " I WANT MONEY NOW runin everything i dont care just bring me money!!!!!" like a child? grats on destroing the landscape rather than make it more beautifull IN THE NAME OF MONEY. YEAH I M A BOOMER.

Ways to get faster cash grab along with the small rohan housing neighborhood over whitemountains:

1) Creat a premium dwarf like housing neighborhoods somewhere in iron hills or grey mountains which has plently of space.
    2) Creat a premium elf like housing neighborhoods somewhere in mirkwood or even lorien which has plently of space.
    2) Creat a premium Beorning housing neighborhood somewhere in vales of anduin which guess what.. has plently of space.

Why SSG aka Turbine even spent like 2 expansions for Rohan i mean "What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and rats roll on the floor with the dogs?"

People can give more money for the elves the dunedains the DWARVES but for Rohan really??
    Argohald Champion(main), Phokalin Guardian, Aljeza Lore master : The Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana Lore master, Ellinas Guardian Landroval
    Member of old Riddermark family (server)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    I realy understand of puting houses over the white mountains (it makes more sence and you can enjoy a nice view of rohan ) but jeez why did you had to destroy the beautifull open landscape of Rohan
    Where did they destroy the landscape? i saw it on beta and looked quite nice in my opinion, looked like another village/town near by looking from atop Edoras, but everyone has their own opinion what they think looks good and what doesn't.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Honestly I'm not at all surprised they are at minimum 400 Mithril Coins. That's around the cost of two expansions. But I was hoping to at least buy one, even if it was just a barn, for like 100 Mithril Coins. That would be more affordable for someone like me. But then I see the potential issue we currently have where whole neighborhoods are being bought up.

Thanks for the response. This sounds exciting.

Thanks to all who responded.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Sure.. with a feature thats "still being worked on" and now *actual* Kin ownership but instead a single persons ownership with no options for the rest of the kin to take it over if they stop play, nor shared storage for the kin which is *another* factor, or you about to up all our personal housing storage by large amounts? but yeah "totally" equivalent.
    Last edited by Ulanor_EU; Feb 14 2020 at 04:07 PM.

We made a decision intended to allow Rohan housing to become available in a more timely manner. We know that its an highly anticipated addition for many players and our goal is to make it available later this year.

We did not feel forcing Kinships to abandon their Belfalas kinship house in favor of a Rohan kinship house was acceptable. The effort needed to support multiple kinship houses stood to be fairly considerable and potentially complicated. This result is a compromise.
    Last edited by Scenario; Feb 14 2020 at 02:43 PM.

Thumbs up

We made a decision intended to allow Rohan housing to become available in a more timely manner. We know that its an highly anticipated addition for many players and our goal is to make it available later this year.

We did not feel forcing Kinships to abandon their Belfalas kinship house in favor of a Rohan kinship house was acceptable. The effort needed to support multiple kinship houses stood to be fairly considerable and potentially complicated. This result is a compromise.
    Which acctually makes sense. Even if I personally do not have any Belfalas Kinhouse due to not liking that design, I can understand and appreciate this. It would probably not feel fair to those that spent alot of money on the kinhouse in Belfalas to just have to move and lose it all either. It is acctually nice of You to take them into consideration. As long as You add this new feature so friends and kinmember can easily map to our houses in Rohan. Then it might still be worth putting crafting stations, universal ingredient boxes and such in our houses there. As You said, a compromise. A fair one it sounds like too. In fact You could have just not cared about people having bought kinhouses in Belfalas already and added kinship houses in Rohan and probably earn more money that way. Some people probably feeling they had to buy a new kinhouse. Now instead You did not and took those people who already bought in Belfalas into consideration. Even if I personally would have liked to see kinhouses in Rohan, I understand that it's not all about what I want but there are others in the game as well to consider.

Oh and no rush. It's better to do it right than fast. In my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 14 2020 at 03:30 PM.

This is super exciting!!

I'm wondering if it would be wise to plan to liquidate my existing Gondor Deluxe house in favor of a Rohan house. Are the writ values going to be in the same ballpark? Should I be taking advantage of the -25% writ sale currently?

If Meadhalls are equivalent in size anyway you havent solved that problem in the slightest, you have just added to the complication by meaning its owned by a single person, not to mention many many kins have been planning for this for ages.

Would it be possible to take a look at the refunds for Belfalas housing? Currently, you don't get the same amount of writs back as you paid into it, and it would really be fair it it would be the same amount when you "sell" the house. I had been considering a move of my house anyways to a neighborhood that has a lot of kinmembers in it, but the refund penalty has always stopped me from doing it.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I got the chance to have a look at the new housing areas on bullroarer. They do look good. I have been thinking about what I wanted to do about moving to Rohan housing since I heard it would be coming in the future. I have a personal home and a personal Kinhouse in Belfalas, I have my two places near each other, so easy to just ride or walk into each of them.. I have characters in another kinship, but use my personal kinhouse for extra storage and crafting...... this I wont be able to do in Rohan housing as each home is personal only, thus i assume if you buy two personal homes the chest in both will be the same.... so only way to utilise both places with different chests is port each time... I like the convenience of just riding or walking to the other place... I would be happy just to have two personal homes if I could have different storage chests..... but i guess you cant have it all.

The prices are a shame. I am not going to pay $50 for a house. Why can't we have the $15-20 houses like we had in Belfalas??

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Would it be possible to take a look at the refunds for Belfalas housing? Currently, you don't get the same amount of writs back as you paid into it, and it would really be fair it it would be the same amount when you "sell" the house. I had been considering a move of my house anyways to a neighborhood that has a lot of kinmembers in it, but the refund penalty has always stopped me from doing it.
    I mean they will just try and get us to buy all new houses as we can have multiple so they can make more money, thats probably why no kinhouse, we can only have one of those per kin, so they cant get quite so much money from us

I have a question regarding writs. In my account I have 6 writs that came from a single-purchase pack that cost 1000 LPs (if I remember correctly) that included vxp, a mount, 6 writs and some other extra things. I read back in time that these writs don't stack with other store bought writs. I assume that even if they don't stack, both count for the house purchase, but I'd like a confirmation just in case...
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast