We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New unique essences are a scam

So u got the options to craft them with 3 solvents, 15 mat, 1 shard each or 4 malleables. but you have to CRIT in order to get the unique ones which is fair i would say. But get this.. The unique box is complete rng and gives u a random essence of your Mainstat of choice. So far i opened 20 CRITTED boxes and i got 18 normal vitality essences and only 2 unique essences. That's an insanely low droprate. A total rng scam. That's 60 solvents + 20 shards worth or 80 malleables for pretty much nothing. Pls fix this

Ofcourse you can use the normal ones you get by turning them into malleables again but it's still a massive loss of malleables with such a small chance)
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Feb 12 2020 at 09:29 PM.

In addition to this, if you don't want to nerf yourself by using the inferior "trigger" Tier 4 equivalent with half the stats, it's totally up to the RNG whether or not you crit and do or don't get one. Since they supposedly don't stack, and half of them are useless, the RNG and luck required here to get what you want vs what you're given is absolutely astonishing, not to mention the incredible cost to craft each one. I'm just thankful it's not 3 solvents AND 3-4 malleables.

We need two recipes:

Tier 4 basic essence
    Tier 4 trigger essence

People can use the second recipe to RNG gamble their finances into the ground if they so wish, the rest of us can gear how we want with control over our stats.
    #15skills

Off topic, but couldn't resist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ibmNGpqU_Q
    RIP Andy Gill.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    So u got the options to craft them with 3 solvents, 15 mat, 1 shard each or 4 malleables. but you have to CRIT in order to get the unique ones which is fair i would say. But get this.. The unique box is complete rng and gives u a random essence of your Mainstat of choice. So far i opened 20 CRITTED boxes and i got 18 normal vitality essences and only 2 unique essences. That's an insanely low droprate. A total rng scam. That's 60 solvents + 20 shards worth or 80 malleables for pretty much nothing. Pls fix this

Ofcourse you can use the normal ones you get by turning them into malleables again but it's still a massive loss of malleables with such a small chance)
    Sorry, I can’t get into BR but can you clarify some of the process for us?

So there are two recipe inputs? Either 3 solvents + 15 mats + shard = 1 T4 box OR + 4 maleables (nothing else?) = 1 T4 box. If either output crits you get a “Unique T4 box” and then there is an RNG that gives you either 1. Random “trigger” based on your main stat or 2. Random regular T4 stat?
    So from the “unique box” if you get either the wrong unique trigger or a base stat that you don’t need (I.e. phys mits) you can decon the T4 and get how many maleables? If it gives 4 maleables can’t you just repeat the process over and over until you get the right one? Seems too simple to be the case so I’m guessing there’s something I’m missing in the process.
    ~ Anaxander R9 Warden, Karukh R12 Warg ~ Formerly of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    Sorry, I can’t get into BR but can you clarify some of the process for us?

So there are two recipe inputs? Either 3 solvents + 15 mats + shard = 1 T4 box OR + 4 maleables (nothing else?) = 1 T4 box. If either output crits you get a “Unique T4 box” and then there is an RNG that gives you either 1. Random “trigger” based on your main stat or 2. Random regular T4 stat?
    So from the “unique box” if you get either the wrong unique trigger or a base stat that you don’t need (I.e. phys mits) you can decon the T4 and get how many maleables? If it gives 4 maleables can’t you just repeat the process over and over until you get the right one? Seems too simple to be the case so I’m guessing there’s something I’m missing in the process.
    You craft a T4 box with either 3 solvents + 15 mats + shard or 4 malleables, if you decon a t4 you get 3 malleables back (softly moonlit 1, moonlit 2)

When you craft a T4 box and it does not crit you can pick your essence of choice just like T3 or T2 boxes
    When it does crit the will/agi/might/vit essences are replaced by rng boxes that contain either a regular will/agi/might/vit essence or a trigger version. So you can choose a Vit box and than get either a normal vit essence or one of the trigger essences that exist for vit

DPS/healing is tied to might/agi/will, tanking to vit, there's fellowship buff version for every stat as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    DPS/healing is tied to might/agi/will, tanking to vit, there's fellowship buff version for every stat as well
    Not strictly true, you can get +fellowship damage ones on vits too, unsure if the self buff only ones work though.

This system is a joke. If you want the triggers it's a mega grind, if you don't want them it's a mega grind AND a risk. If you want a very specific trigger essence the grind is literally non-viable, 1/10 drop rate with RNG for like 1 of 10 diff types you might get.

Ridiculous.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Not strictly true, you can get +fellowship damage ones on vits too, unsure if the self buff only ones work though.

This system is a joke. If you want the triggers it's a mega grind, if you don't want them it's a mega grind AND a risk. If you want a very specific trigger essence the grind is literally non-viable, 1/10 drop rate with RNG for like 1 of 10 diff types you might get.

Ridiculous.
    There isn't a big problem if you ignore them, you can still get every important essence other than vit out of a crit box and if you desperately and only need vit than just visit a crafter and buy a horrible crafting tool for 2s so you don't crit

If you desperately want them then yes, the grind is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    There isn't a big problem if you ignore them, you can still get every important essence other than vit out of a crit box and if you desperately and only need vit than just visit a crafter and buy a horrible crafting tool for 2s so you don't crit

If you desperately want them then yes, the grind is stupid
    Haha yeah the cheapo crafting tool was my plan haha, but what a joke...
    #15skills

Ridiculous.
    Well considering the information given up there, I don’t think the grind is *that* ridiculous. However the RNG aspect is, to an extent. You have a 1:10 chance to get a trigger essence then a 1:4 chance to get the correct one. So while you are making your regular vit essences, always try for a crit variant and try for the trigger you want. Worst case you get the wrong trigger, you decon and it costs you ~1 solvent + 5 mats + 1/3 of a shard. If you made four, and failed failed all you get 3 tries from that to do it again. I think if the initial RNG for a unique box was more like 1:4 or 1:5, then you had the 1:4 chance it would be ok OR if the initial 1:10 chance have you then a unique box to pick from your chosen trigger essence it would be completely ok. Each chance costs a single malleable, a bit steep but many will risk it anyway.

Well considering the information given up there, I don’t think the grind is *that* ridiculous.

Worst case you get the wrong trigger, you decon and it costs you ~1 solvent + 5 mats + 1/3 of a shard.
    It's absolutely ridiculous, I'm sorry but it is.

You have a literal 1 in 40 chance of getting what you want lmfao, and we're not talking cheap "spammable" recipes here, these use lots of rare and expensive (and store!!) mats. Insanity.

Your suggestion that you also get mats back if you don't get what you want only holds water until your characters are geared (which they very soon will be at 1/40 chance for the correct triggered essence) and you can no longer use the essences that have no trigger effect, and you can't sell them because they're bound!

Farce.
    #15skills

It's absolutely ridiculous, I'm sorry but it is.

You have a literal 1 in 40 chance of getting what you want lmfao, and we're not talking cheap "spammable" recipes here, these use lots of rare and expensive (and store!!) mats. Insanity.

Your suggestion that you also get mats back if you don't get what you want only holds water until your characters are geared (which they very soon will be at 1/40 chance for the correct triggered essence) and you can no longer use the essences that have no trigger effect, and you can't sell them because they're bound!

Farce.
    It’s funny how you quote me but leave out the part where I quite literally said: “ However the RNG aspect is, to an extent.” I literally said that the grind to get them isn’t that bad, no more than any other essence. The fact it has such a high RNG component is poor execution. I completely understand having an RNG aspect to it, such was the case with 105 Ithilian gold essences. Realistically you would need 1-2 of these for a min/max build because you are sacrificing stats to get them. The fact you can return mats IS a positive one instead of a complete loss on a huge gamble. Solvents drop in daily FI runs at a fairly high rate, they aren’t THAT expensive on the AH/Trade and a shard can easily be farmed in areas with chests in 10-20 minutes. There will also be 3 side bosses in the upcoming raid that I’m sure will drop shards as well. Considering the grind that you had at 105 with doing a bunch of quests for a fraction of the reward, I’d say this is a step in the right direction ASIDE FROM the high RNG aspect. If they lowered the RNG a bit, I don’t have a problem with it.

We've been reading your feedback on this, and will take another look if possible.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We've been reading your feedback on this, and will take another look...

You've had me in the first part, I'm not gonna lie

...if possible.
    Lvl 130 Burglar - Thridos and Iksu || Lvl 130 Guardian - Ranmaa || Lvl 130 Warden - Fyron || Lvl 130 Beorn - Nkoko
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

We've been reading your feedback on this, and will take another look if possible.
    Thank you! We appreciate it when you listen to genuine feedback.

It’s funny how you quote me but leave out the part where I quite literally said: “ However the RNG aspect is, to an extent.”
    Which is not the bit I was responding to, hence my leaving it out. I was responding to "the grind isn't that bad", which it totally is because right now you have to acquire the materials for FOURTY ESSENCES to get the one you want on average lmao. That is a beyond ridiculous grind.
    #15skills

Which is not the bit I was responding to, hence my leaving it out. I was responding to "the grind isn't that bad", which it totally is because right now you have to acquire the materials for FOURTY ESSENCES to get the one you want on average lmao. That is a beyond ridiculous grind.
    You’re wrong, if I collected the materials for 40 essences I would have essentially 145 tries to get the correct essence. That’s more than 3 times the tries needed, so statistically your exaggeration is unwarranted. That’s if I exhausted all the materials to get the correct one.

Now, If you made 11 essences, and continued to Decon and remake until all the material was exhausted THEN you would have done 40 attempts and 50% chance would have gotten the correct one in the first two rounds. You are not getting the statistics of the whole thing, and regardless of how many times I’ve tried to explain it, you still over exaggerate for effect.

You realistically do not have to gather 40 shards and 120 solvents to get the one you want. You have a near 100% chance if you collected 11 shards and 33 solvents. Likely you’ll only need about 6 shards and 18 solvents which would give you over 50% chance. I get that statistics may not be your strong suit, but I can show you my calculations if you like.

Lol.

It's you that doesn't understand.

You're doing all of that for ONE essence, now you need THREE, or even FIVE on a single character? You're crafting what, a thousand essences and deconstructing repeatedly? What about that last one that you need? You may have to over-make by 10-12-15+ essences because it's all chance. You can't sell those that you over-made, thousands of gold wasted, a whole heap of time, an absolute ton of gold to buy the mats or grind to farm them (and then store or gold for the solvents).

I'm not quite sure what you think is reasonable about a three-stage gambling system, which is literally what the current essence recipe system is. Hope it crits, hope the box gives you a trigger, hope the trigger is the one you want. If not, deconstruct it and be short on the required materials for another, pay on store over and over and over to circumvent some? of the grind of re-collecting all of that stuff once more.
    #15skills

Lol.

It's you that doesn't understand.

You're doing all of that for ONE essence, now you need THREE, or even FIVE on a single character? You're crafting what, a thousand essences and deconstructing repeatedly? What about that last one that you need? You may have to over-make by 10-12-15+ essences because it's all chance. You can't sell those that you over-made, thousands of gold wasted, a whole heap of time, an absolute ton of gold to buy the mats or grind to farm them (and then store or gold for the solvents).

I'm not quite sure what you think is reasonable about a three-stage gambling system, which is literally what the current essence recipe system is. Hope it crits, hope the box gives you a trigger, hope the trigger is the one you want. If not, deconstruct it and be short on the required materials for another, pay on store over and over and over to circumvent some? of the grind of re-collecting all of that stuff once more.
    You’re doing statistics wrong...

Also, you can only use one of each type per character.
    Last edited by AaronIU; Feb 15 2020 at 01:19 AM.

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on

I don’t think the grind is *that* ridiculous.
    [...] Now, If you made 11 essences, and continued to Decon and remake until all the material was exhausted THEN you would have done 40 attempts
    [...] Likely you’ll only need about 6 shards and 18 solvents which would give you over 50% chance. I get that statistics may not be your strong suit, but I can show you my calculations if you like.
    If you feel that having to gather and use the resources for making 11 essences, including a large handful of (likely store purchased given their lack of attainability elsewise) solvents, is not an extremely unacceptable level of grind for having an just an *Odds-On* chance - not even a guarantee, just an odd-on chance - of acquiring one essence that you want to place in one slot of one piece of armour, then you are a part of the problem here. This triple threat of rng gamble in crafting is not okay.

"What did you make, master crafter?"
    "I have NO IDEA!!" *Mad cackling*
    "Er... well, will it be useful for me?"
    "MAYBE!!! MAYBE NOT!!" *Mad cackling continues*
    "Okaaayy..."
    "But if it's not, you can get me some more resources and I'll spin the MYSTERY WHEEL again! I'm A Professional Master Crafter!! Wheee!!!"

This kind of random does not belong in crafting, and the extra, chance-based, indeterminate grind that it causes does not belong in the game Anywhere
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Harla View Post
    If you feel that having to gather and use the resources for making 11 essences, including a large handful of (likely store purchased given their lack of attainability elsewise) solvents, is not an extremely unacceptable level of grind for having an just an *Odds-On* chance - not even a guarantee, just an odd-on chance - of acquiring one essence that you want to place in one slot of one piece of armour, then you are a part of the problem here. This triple threat of rng gamble in crafting is not okay.

"What did you make, master crafter?"
    "I have NO IDEA!!" *Mad cackling*
    "Er... well, will it be useful for me?"
    "MAYBE!!! MAYBE NOT!!" *Mad cackling continues*
    "Okaaayy..."
    "But if it's not, you can get me some more resources and I'll spin the MYSTERY WHEEL again! I'm A Professional Master Crafter!! Wheee!!!"

This kind of random does not belong in crafting, and the extra, chance-based, indeterminate grind that it causes does not belong in the game Anywhere
    I’ve literally said the RNG aspect is the bad part... I even gave examples of how to improve the odds and what would be acceptable/preferable. Fact is none of these essences will be make or break for a min/max build. If you’ve done the math even the best essences aren’t *that* great.