We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 256
  1. #101
    Also forgot to add that yellow line bonus for captain Will give many issues in raids.

    When a main tank Guardian has aggro of a group... As a off tank yellow captain you can not engage or start your normal rotation... You will pull aggro off Guardian just with your battleshout...

    Not a good idea to implement.
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

  2. #102
    The redline Burg set is actually only a 3 second reduction on Aim : so 17 sec cool down as opposed to 20.
    Burg really doesn't rely on Aim to make good sustained DMG and a small reduction in Aim won't make much difference at all.

    I saw someone raising concerns it's an OP set and then say it should have positional DMG instead ...you do realise this would be a much more OP advantage than cool down on Aim to boost positional DMG?
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

    The Ascensio

  3. #103
    I know it's feedback in bots and pieces but PLEASE don't mess up stat distribution.

    Captain Blue Line armour pieces seem to have tanking stats... Parry rating, crit defense.

    It needs to have crit rating, outgoing healing!
    Thank you for looking in to this.
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Earid View Post
    I know it's feedback in bots and pieces but PLEASE don't mess up stat distribution.

    Captain Blue Line armour pieces seem to have tanking stats... Parry rating, crit defense.

    It needs to have crit rating, outgoing healing!
    Thank you for looking in to this.
    /signed
    ~~Thanasis - Captain (Evernight)~~

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    The redline Burg set is actually only a 3 second reduction on Aim : so 17 sec cool down as opposed to 20.
    Oh, if it's just 3 seconds then it seems okay to me. I reacted strongly against it because autocritting every 10s, especially with the way aim buff is buggy around immediates, seemed silly and OP. 3s isn't that much of a difference from the current state of things.
    Some freeps and creeps on Crickhollow, some creeps on Evernight. Recently also a casual Jogger on Arkenstone.

    Certified trash.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post

    Red:
    - Strike skills mitigation bypass (main issue with the class, which should not be fixed through a set bonus, but it could be a band aid)
    - Strike skills critical chance (secondary issue - crit reliance)
    - Emboldened Blades now also increases Ferocious Strikes damage per stack (but Ferocious Strikes doesn't cash out the effect)
    - Critical hits with Brutal Strikes reduce the cool down on Ferocious Strikes
    - 5 stacks of Emboldened Blades now makes Remorseless Strike guaranteed to critically hit
    - Swift Strike reduces the cool down of Controlled Burn and Continuous Blood Rage
    I would love to see all of them or at least some of them as permanent changes in next Champions update.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Blue - Yep, underwhelming. I'd really like to see something regarding the first tic of WoC here. It would be nice if casting WoC on someone a second time would add the remainder of the hot onto the first tick of the new hot at a reduced value. I feel our biggest lack is strong controllable healing. It's mostly "Fire n Forget, Hope you Crit." In any case you could make the blue banner a permanent duration with 0 CD and it would still be worthless at 1k morale per tick, why is this not giving outgoing healing?

    Red - Pretty good because it adds another rotation of DB and BoE, and also helps smooth over the extra gap that sometimes forms from increased attack speed when you want to stay in a readied state. There is legitimate concern over rotations though, you can't just subtract 5 seconds and hope for the best because our rotations require heavy management. I think regardless it will increase dps, but how much depends on whether they worked this out critically, or just made a quick reduction. Grave wound is also a good touch point for adding dps if we ever get any diversity to sets. Grave wound predominates our DPS breakdown so boosting it will simply, but greatly, boost dps. Direct and visible boosts are a lot more fun than hidden timers or passive values. Captains have historically suffered being a raid alt because they aren't very exciting, so this slot should go toward something exciting.

    Yellow. I think this trait is needed because when 1 mob splits to a person at mid range you are stuck with a poor choice - taunt the one at range and miss the group in front, or taunt those in front and drag them over for a melee taunt. If you taunt the one at range, you will son have one up front leave because we don't have much natural threat gen, or AOE to cover those not on the dps target. However I agree it would be overpowered on top BoE, so that is something to consider regarding trait changes for the future. We really do need some natural threat gen. You can't open with Threatening shout, and if someone stacked hots on you you will lose the pull to the healer right at the start, you can pull them back with TS, but then you won't have that copy for the dps which they will change to in the next few seconds because dps is higher threat gen. I think it would work really well if it increased your healing threat. Our single target threat is adequate, but we have little natural threat gen in the way of AOE dmg, to hold onto those outside the dps focus. It would also allow you to start the fight with a muster courage heal to combat the prehotting.
    I'd think you didn't read my earlier response to Eruadarion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Gotta say, I disagree that Captain's red set bonus is useless. Sure, a 12-man Raid doesn't benefit a lot from an increased Captain DPS but it's still neat and it might actually be quite fun gameplay-wise as it would allow some faster and more interesting skill rotations.

    Also it could be interesting for yellow line as well: Unlike in red line, in yellow we don't have a second skill like SL (not counting Tonics and Time of Need) for activating our battle states, so this bonus would make it easier to keep up battle-hardened in yellow line, especially if you use BoE for taunts.
    It doesn't, by reducing 5s cd on BS, the rotation gets basically broken, it's no longer aligned perfectly. The added DPS you would get is about 5%, basically being worthless.

    Boosting our own DPS is nice, but breaking the rotation is not. Hence why I call the red captain bonus trash, because it screws up the rotation and has very little to add. What it would do is, it basically shortens the time of BS so that we do not need to use Sure Strike as often. But I think that the gaps from sure-strike are very very very useful. It basically allows the captain to buff between his rotation, or do something else. We also still got tonic pots so it's not really worthy in my eyes.

    If we wouldn't be buffing in the gaps or offhealing, we can tighten the rotation by using sure-strike more often, this mainly calls for planning ahead of what you'll do and get off cd.

    Edit:

    Now if elendil did actually get enlisted with our light-type damage legacy, then yes, it would be worth it.

    But since this bug still persists and devs are too busy to enlist 1 skill, this will be my answer.
    WhiteGoliath

    Please leave me in my eternal slumber

  8. #108
    >>>Captain Blue: -15second Standard of Honour cooldown.
    >>>Captain Red: Battleshout Cooldown -5s.
    >>>Captain Yellow: Battleshout becomes a Taunt.

    Thats awful bonuses. And thats why:

    Blue. Noone uses Standard. Theres no any buff to it, no any legacy. It useless at a time. If you want encourage caps to use Blue Standard, add stat to it. Perhaps +% incoming healing or +% mits. Even with chance to proc it will be worth of using. But I personally prefer some love to one-target healing.


    Red. For solo-gaming it's an ok bonus. More often response, more damage. But! Thats raid gear, isn't it. So red cap need something for group buff. Maybe some finesse buff. We doesnt have any yet.

    Yellow. It has no sense. We already have 3 Taunts, we dont need one more. We need something Threat-based. Increasing Threat from healing or maybee adding a Threat-draining effect to some skill, Routing Cry, for instance. That will be great.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Another blue set bonus suggestion in line with making Cappy ST healing better (exist?) would be Words of Courage now stacks (3x?) or something. Or as mentioned, multiply the initial heal by a factor of 5-10 so it's able to provide some form of burst healing.
    #15skills

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    I'd think you didn't read my earlier response to Eruadarion.
    I read it and tried to confirmed the concern. If they fix BoE, then BoE itself will add around 1.8k dps. I want it fixed like you, but I don't think fixing the light legacy and the trait will be enough for this set. Heightened allies is 41k PM which is 5.7% physical mitigation removed, doubling it might be a good set bonus. That would be personal and group. Only downside is it doesn't cover SL or BoE which should apply to tactical mitigation as light dmg. Either way they really need to fix this leg and trait, 1.8k is still worth having especially when dps is already low.

    That -5s battleshout is an oooold buff iirc. And I think back then Grave wound wasn't reducible to 10s. Faster GW adds a lot of dps, but it also puts more maintenance between cycles. If my memory serves me the old buff used to work out that the first BS cycle you needed to cast both bleeds, and the second one was clear. Now no cycle is clear for DB/BoE. Long time ago so may not be remembering correctly. Looks like it would give you a 8s BS cycle, with only 6 seconds of free casting per cycle, with 3 seconds of each cycle used for DB/BoE leaving room for 2 more casts. Might have enough for a fourth. Any buffs that can't fit in the cycle would go after the cycle under readied auto attack, so normally you would have a 12s cycle with 8s free casting allowing buffs inside the cycle. Here is what it looks like on a time line with skill likely being GW/CA. M stands for moment for animations gaps, nothing occurs here but time.

    (-5 seconds) {BS > SS - Skill - Skill - M - SS - DB -- BoE - M}{BS - SS - DB - BoE - M - SS - Buff - Buff - M} {BS > SS - Skill -Skill - M - SS - DB -- BoE- M} {BS - SS - DB - BoE - M - SS - Buff - Buff - M}
    (Standard--) {BS > SS - Skill - Skill - M - SS - Skill - Skill - M - SS - DB - BoE - M} {BS> SS - Skill - Skill - M - SS - Skill - Skill - M - SS - DB -BoE -- M}- {BS >SS - Skill -Skill - M - SS -Skill - Skill - M - SS > (DB/BoE is next)

    in 32 seconds it just barely added 2 extra cycles of DB/BoE. Got a few DB/Boe No crit samples. DB 31k BoE 22k total =53k. 2cycles make 106k. Divide by 32 for a maximum of 3.3k dps if fight ended there. Would much rather have double heightened allies. It's more dps, it's both group and personal, and it doesn't change our rotations.
    Last edited by Armitas; Feb 16 2020 at 02:30 PM.
    .


  11. #111
    Hello, I would like to share some ideas about set bonuses, for three classes I play the most.
    Beorning:
    Blue. The bonus "Counterattack reduces the cooldown of Counter by 3s". Based on experience as of beorn tanking, I rarely used Counter skill, perhaps more used by others. In general there is no struggle with wrath in blue line so Counterattack skill would be used rather seldom. Personally I don't even include it in my rotation
    Something in the order of:
    1. -30s Thickened hide cooldown.
    2. Claw Swipe can stack up to two times (from 3 to 5) or claw Swipe' debuff is 2% stronger(from -3% debuff to -5%).
    3. -30s Thunderoas roar cooldown.
    4. +20% additional morale in bear form.
    5. +2% parry and evade for every 20 wrath bear has.
    Red. Bonus: "Transforming grants +10 Wrath" is absolutely great for yellow line. Red line bear usually has no problem with wrath because skill "execute" unfortunately doesn't work as intended. It takes away all wrath, and losing good (around 9-12%) critical chance for some time, gaining 1 additional strike instead, does not worth it. Because damage is to low.
    So perhaps something like:
    1."Brutal Maul" lasts for 5-6 strikes instead of 3-4 (about 6.5 seconds or so instead of 4.3 sec., need to test ofc). Why +duration instead of just +damage? for balance. This bonus would make red line beorn more valuable for group instances as of dps class. Granted for solo play 3-4 strikes is enough to kill most of mobs and in PVP can be easily avoided.
    2. Bash can stack now.
    3. +2-3 pulses for all melee dots.
    4. +40 max wrath (great critical chance).
    5. Execute costs 0 wrath (and makes sense. Make execute great again!).
    6. +3% damage for every 20 wrath bear has.
    Yellow. Bonus "-10s Shake Free cooldown", seems very unimportant and insignificant in my opinion.
    Instead changing it to (few ideas here):
    1. Transforming grants +10 Wrath (as mentioned above).
    2. Same bonus as AoM healing set.
    3. -90s Overbearing cooldown.
    4. Bee swarm debuff effect is aoe now.
    5. +5% outgoing heal for every 20 wrath bear has. Not such op bonus as it may seem because only in yellow line bear can have some troubles with wrath and just can't heal having all the time 60-80 wrath at least. This bonus will let bear make choice between better heal and more debuffs.


    Warden:
    Blue. Bonus "Sets Never Surrender Mitigation Bonus to 50%".. I guess it means after proc of Never Surrender warden will get 50% mits for some time? I think it's good.
    Here few suggestions:
    1. + 2 HoT pulses.
    2. + 3 pulses to area of effect Morale-taps.

    Red. Bonus "-5s Cool down on all Mastery Skills". Many wardens have own skills rotation and with this bonus it will have to change and will not increase damage much in my opinion.
    So having:
    1. +1 dot pulses.
    2. +25% bleed damage.
    3. +20% light damage.

    Yellow. Bonus "Marked & Diminished Target duration +10s". Has no place and use.
    1. +50% chance (additonal to trait barbed javelins) of bleed on javelin gambits but decrease 2 pulses for them. That would be very cool! Honestly this bonus is probably op. Yellow line is most unplayed. As far I can see majority chose to play red and blue, not even giving chance to yellow line. But it could be great with good yellow set bonus giving more option to wardens.
    2. +25% chance (additonal to trait barbed javelins) of bleed on javelin gambits (at least).


    Lore-Master:
    Blue. Bonus "Catmint duration increased by 35seconds". It is okay for bear. However there are not many situations (almost non) when LM's pet bear is main tank. For most part LM' play different role buffing/debuffing (yellow line) There for this bonus makes no sense. Perhaps with different bonuses LM will sparkle in totally different colors
    1. +20 sec duration of Buffs from pet critical hits.
    2. Trait "Feral" is now affects on entire fellowship, not only LM.

    Red. Initial bonus is "Gust of Wind will refresh Searing Embers". Not sure what to think about it, would require some testing but:
    1. +30% Fire Damage.
    2. +2-3 Burning Embers Pulses

    Yellow. Bonus "Ancient Lore will Reset Lightning Strike and Lightning Storm". What is Ancient Lore? Is it ancient craft i guess? Not bad, but hence yellow line is used mostly for buffs/debuffs would make more sense to have bonuses just for that and not dps.
    So something on the order of:
    1. -30s Bane Flare cooldown
    2. Each stack of Wind-Lore now debuffs for 3-4% incoming damage (instead of 1%).
    3. SI duration +20-30sec.
    4. SI now grants +2% mitigations.

    Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by Russian_Maniac; Feb 18 2020 at 06:30 AM.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395
    Hunter redline set needs to changed yall

    Again we cannot just decide turnhunters into a dot class when in comparison are dots suck this bonus will do nothing for the class and isnt worthy for paying embers im assuming 2,500 a peice again for a set that doesn't offer anything to more dps


    -30 heart seeker cooldown or -5 seconds upshot cooldown is most ideal for redline hunter set bonus
    Last edited by mikkye; Feb 16 2020 at 01:58 PM.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    Hunter redline set needs to changed yall

    Again we cannot just decide turnhunters into a dot class when in comparison are dots suck this bonus will do nothing for the class and isnt worthy for paying embers im assuming 2,500 a peice again for a set that doesn't offer anything to more dps


    -30 heart seeker cooldown or -5 seconds upshot cooldown is most ideal for redline hunter set bonus

    Agreed, those bonuses are insanely bad. Please give hunters more thought, it's the most popular class in the game and the class is totally broken. There is only one viable trait line in group play (red), and as a single target DPS class with literally only one function it has one of the worst DPS outputs of any class that performs that function. A single additional bleed pulse is slap in the face for red, the blue/yellow are also just jokes that no one will complain about because nobody plays those broken traitlines.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395

    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Agreed, those bonuses are insanely bad. Please give hunters more thought, it's the most popular class in the game and the class is totally broken. There is only one viable trait line in group play (red), and as a single target DPS class with literally only one function it has one of the worst DPS outputs of any class that performs that function. A single additional bleed pulse is slap in the face for red, the blue/yellow are also just jokes that no one will complain about because nobody plays those broken traitlines.


    Yes literally we have one role and now yellow rks a mobile dps ser wardens a tank class and ofc the burg all doing insane st damage and aoe at same time



    Again you guys really need to remake hunter set bonus ignore blue yellow the lines dead unless fix it but red that pulse set is useless so please change it

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    Yes literally we have one role and now yellow rks a mobile dps ser wardens a tank class and ofc the burg all doing insane st damage and aoe at same time



    Again you guys really need to remake hunter set bonus ignore blue yellow the lines dead unless fix it but red that pulse set is useless so please change it






    Like the set is so terrible for the class I have to re address this because i havent heard a dev/forum moderator comment on this but let me explain ill give you 3 different classes fundamental dot's vs the hunters

    The barbed arrow dot last 12 seconds with proposed set bonus would increase form 12-14 seconds with cooldown being still 1.5 seconds and this not is not stackable where will this increase any damage? there was never a problem with maintaining this bleed ever so I dont understand why sm1 would doa raid or pay 2,500 embers for a set bonus that has failed the class.

    Lest I really need to take time and explain why blueline can never be a dps line anymore after what devs did to the line removed every dps bonus trait from the tree and made barrage completely garbage and nerfed penetrating shot to ground while also nerfing precision stance.








    Hunter is a broken class destroyed by countless nerfs because people cry the class is too easy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Now to prove this let facts be stated below

    #1 Penetrating shot got a 70% damage nerf and blood arrow's bonus critical damage bonus nullified after 115

    #2 Removed dps bonus traits and reorganized our traitline to make blueline not able to even dps at all

    #3 Precision stance focus generation nerfed to the ground instead just making strengh good

    #4 For destroying barrage and made it unsustainable dps in any scenario what so ever

    #5 For making our mitigation bypass not applicable to our dot's

    #6 For making blood arrow dot light damage

    #7 For making us critical reliant to even do any damage

    #8 For removing us from the rightful spot as top ST dps'ser when dps;ing is our only job in the entire game!!!

    #9 For destroying our aoe but grants every other class aoe

    #10 For justifying every nerf by claiming it was too easy but didnt offer a harder way for us to learn to achieve the same dps thus nerfing the classes damage

    #11 For making us dependent on fire mitigation debuffs in a raid/group but making the main fire rk useless in retrospect nerfing hunters aswell

    #12 For not granting us any viable debuffs

    #13 For making our melee skills useless

    #14 For making our traps useless

    #15 For making yellowline useless to date from its existance

    #16 For not scaling our damage properly from level 120-130

    #17 For nerfing every single thing that has made the hunter useful in any group content since level 105

    #18 For nerfing critical magnitude without understanding the importance that crits have for this class with our base damage being roughly 15% of our critical damage

    #19 For making pen shot critical chance debuff not stackable

    #20 For refusing to acknowledge the current state of the class

    #21 For justifying nerfs under the clause of the class is labled basic difficulty

    #22 For removing all utility from the hunter

    #23 For not fixing strength stance

    #24 For depriving the hunter of any way of carrying a group threw a instance if played excellent

    #25 For making the difference from light and medium armor dps'sers sturdiness irrelevant with the massive stat caps

    #26 For nerfing old burn hot set

    #27 For nerfing Big battle jewels

    #28 For nerfing heart seeker reset

    #29 For nerfing lothlorien jewels

    #30 For not scaling the critical defense debuff off critical hits properly

    #31 For forcing us to use 2 bow's

    #32 for making endurance stance useless from date of its existence to current day the 18th of february in the year 2020






    With all this being said can we really justify yet another disappoint for a class that has suffered the most for being what the class is supposed to be the best ST dps'ser

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    The only set bonus that could make the hunter great is something along lines of -30/45 second heart seeker cool down or -5/-7 second upshot cool down

    I cannot speak on yellow because the line shouldn't exist it has no role and there is no possible way to make it usefull we have a lm for rooting mobs + the line has 0 damage increasing passives which makes the skills damage itself approx -40% less than the same skill in redline because passives














    I do want to say to those who will simply reply to this with a trollish we not talking about class balance I want you to understand what will actually become of the class if it stays how it is and we receive the horribly rated and heavily criticized +1 dot pulse set.

    I do not enjoy writing these post but someone must stand up and fight for the class and its right to be a good dps'ser and if our role isnt anymore dps'ser make us a debuffer.



    The hunter has suffered so much in the past 3 years it does make me sad that this is what I feel need to do








    I appeal to the players the dev's and anyone else who will read please consider my set bonus changes to the hunter and if not mines exactly plz make it something that will increase the classes damage

  16. #116
    LMAO Mikkye, way too dramatic and off-point for the post.

    We all recognize that Hunter is in a bad shape, but stop derailing threads left and right, you'rr becoming 2nd Arandour. Nobody asked for a breakdown of stuff that has happened to Hunters, ans doubtful anyone would.

    If you want to, make a thread about it, bring it to attention there. This isn't the place.


    Now, to relevant stuff, are we going to have any more information about next BR? Or what would have changed regarding sets?

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,753

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    ...

    #8 For removing us from the rightful spot as top ST dps'ser when dps;ing is our only job in the entire game!!!

    ...
    Hey, not true. People still want us as taxi service. Especially friends who wants to get mapped around to add stables on new characters. That's one job we still have left. After that they don't want us for anything anymore, but still. Have to be greatful for the little things.

  18. #118
    For yellow LM maybe +15s Ancient Craft duration or -15s Ancient Craft CD so that CD and duration line up perfectly

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    LMAO Mikkye, way too dramatic and off-point for the post.

    We all recognize that Hunter is in a bad shape, but stop derailing threads left and right, you'rr becoming 2nd Arandour. Nobody asked for a breakdown of stuff that has happened to Hunters, ans doubtful anyone would.

    If you want to, make a thread about it, bring it to attention there. This isn't the place.


    Now, to relevant stuff, are we going to have any more information about next BR? Or what would have changed regarding sets?
    Anything to get some attention and change things when you left behind and watching the others playing on the bench and this is happening more or less since Abyss at least for champions.You would do probably the same if your class was in a condition that would be the last choice of filling a spot.
    Yes sometimes i interfere and make comparisons in threads that i shouldn't and it will not happen again but some people like me can not stand the unfairness not in real life nether here.My English are not so well but i think you got the point.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    cut
    While I understand the frustration, these kinds of post do nothing but muddle the threads they're on. Again, we all know what's wrong and best we can hope is devs do something about it. That's it.

    Hoping for next BR soon, hopefully today or tomorrow there'll be an announcement.

  21. #121
    One more bonus from me for literally any beorning set: -15s Ferocious Roar cooldown. Nice and usefull.

  22. #122
    So for the red hunter set has anyone mentioned HS reset? It was a good set bonus on the past and there is need to reinvent the wheel.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395
    The entire post was accurate and in turn very much evidence that Is reasonable to post in support of giving the hunter a better set bonus.


    If I cannot express the reasons I feel we should have a better set bonus what is this thread for??


    I did not once there ask for a hunter buff I was stating the reasons hunter redline set bonus should be good for increasing our damage and also explained why +1 pulse doesnt actually make any sense for the class if the dot is 1.5 seconds cooldown.






    I really dont appreciate you typing a thread where we can supposedly can voice our opinions on the sets and at same time accusing me of requesting buff when i clearly only stated evidence to why the class deserves a better set bonus and evidence on why that set bonus wont attribute to any more damage increase and not worth 2,500 embers or how ever how much they will charge.

    Again not once in that thread did I say buff only stated the reasons why set bonus change for red hunter is vital so your wrong for trying silence me repeatdly when Im not off coursing it regardless if its a long post or not it is on track.











    Also fingerz you may really want to check your burglar Aim skill the duration last 10 seconds with cooldown of 20 seconds the set bonus is -10 seconds cooldown resulting is 10 second aim cooldown where did you even come up is -3 seconds. Below is evidence of the skill being 20 seconds cooldown with -10 seconds if implemented being 10 second cd not -3 seconds cooldown.

    https://imgur.com/a/Fauvcmg

    Burglar Red: -10s Aim Cooldown.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcraft27 View Post
    So for the red hunter set has anyone mentioned HS reset? It was a good set bonus on the past and there is need to reinvent the wheel.


    Vastin will never bring that set back he wanted make heart seeker an OP finisher I shall qoute him now. Whats interesting tho is heart seeker last i seen was an opener but oh well



    Vastin is offline LOTRO Team

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    315

    Post

    A couple points:

    1) Continuous barrage is a 1-button rotation. That's too simplistic, even for a 'low difficulty' class, so the cooldown was implemented so that the skill can remain reasonably powerful while leaving room for other abilities in your rotation. Free power generation over on the LM's has been substantially reduced as well, so in practice continuous barrage is likely unsustainable in any case.

    2) The HS reset bonus will need to be addressed in some manner. We may have to address the old set bonus in order to make room for the skill itself to be defined as a powerful finisher skill for general use. I would prefer not to leave a skill under-powered simply because some old set bonus is OP.


















    The developer in charge of said stuff feels that set is OP










    -45 second cool down on heart seeker would in effect achieve same thing as reset without the concern of it being too godly because it will reset once every 15-25ish seconds resulting in us being able keep the dot up with that number sometiems being higher depending if we crit alot or not. Nearly same but this way hunters have to work for the damage instead just reseting afetr first upshot.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    I agree with what you're saying entirely, except this bit. The old HS reset gear absolutely did this, it made a mediocre DPS class a) real fun to play (crazy burst and good sustain, with a reactive (albeit quite simple) rotation) and b) a crazy good DPS class. Its removal was really sad and at this point, unnecessary. That old set back would be pretty much all the Hunter needs to be back on par with other DPS classes currently.
    Unfortunately, I really don't think this set bonus will be powerful, at least not as powerful as it was. It was the best set bonus back when blue line was king, because literally 80% of the skills you were doing were focus skills and even then, if you were really unlucky you still didn't see many HS resets. And in Red line... You do pen shot once every 10s for the buff, blood arrow when its up, maybe Exsanguinate if you trait for it, and Upshot every 20s(?), nothing compared to the blue line focus consumption, which means, I don't see this proc'ing hardly as much as it used to.

 

 
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload