We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 256
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    45
    To me its really simple, both Yellow and Red RK lines should do about equal damage, but the way that the damage is delivered should be different.

    Red should me more safe, you can safely stand from 40 m ( Yes boost Fire line to 40m) range and deliver your damage, which would suit 6 mans and raids.

    Whilst Yellow you have no inductions, but you have to get in almost melee range to deliver your 2 best DPS skills (SS and VI) and 20 m for the rest, which would make it more suited for PVP/Solo/3-mans.

    Also AOE would be delivered in the same manner, in red from a safe range, whilst yellow from melee with the same 2 aforementioned skills.

    Both lines would therefore be viable and have its place depending on the type of content/mechanic.

    Simple as that. The damage nerf to yellow was totally unnecessary, nerf DnF instead.


    on topic, all 3 RK set bonuses are still useless, please fix it.
    Last edited by BlitzKr1eg; Feb 24 2020 at 03:34 AM.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Thanks for showing your true nature

    Of course RK should threaten Hunter (and Hunter should threaten Rk, and Champ should threaten Rk, and Warden should threaten Hunter, and so on)

    It's called balance

    One class being objectively better (what you are advocating for is Hunter > all other dps) is ridiculous

    I've said it in another thread, this isn't 2007 anymore where there is just 1 single target dps, 1 AoE dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. There's multiple classes that fulfill each role and they all should be equally strong..that isn't a question in any other mmo, just lotro has those whiny hunters/minstrels/guardians who want to be more effective without being a better player just because they at one point picked a class
    Absolutely completely agree - and thank you mikkye for as Chris91 said above, for showing your true colours, you don’t care about RK at all - you just want Hunter to be the best ST DPS, which means screwing over every other current top dpser, enjoy never being taken seriously again. Bye.

  3. #228
    I know it is too late for another changes and yellow warden set bonus will be +10% ranged damage, but for the future content, please make more interesting set bonus and take in consideration, that yellow line is also support debuff line, there is no need for more damage buffing of Resounding Challenge.
    I would like to see bonusses like -10% attack duration fellowship wide buff from Ranged Adroit Manoeuvre, +10% ranged damage fellowship wide buff from Ranged Warden's Triumph, +2 additional targets for marked target and diminished target mitigation debuff, +15% chance to proc gambit builder bonuses, -5% critical defence debuff from Ranged Precise Throw line gambits, +10% Outgoing damage from Suppression debuff.

    Or better, incorporate all this things to the yellow line, so it will be finally competitive trait line with unique play style, not just another red like boring melee dps line with higher mitigation debuff, but lower damage.
    Last edited by Krindel; Feb 24 2020 at 06:43 AM.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    - No one cared that blue line Hunter could move and do dps - like LITERALLY no one I talked to found that a problem with Blue line Hunter. People simply hated the fact it was basically a 2 skill (maybe 3) rotation
    Uhh, nope, I saw thread after thread all crying about how Blue Hunters could move and sustain top tier DPS. That was LITERALLY the primary factor in calling for nerfs. Also, calling Blue Hunter a 2 skill rotation is a joke, those of us who were getting 150k DPS in Abyss back at 115 weren't using two skills, you had to know how to even stack Barrage properly to get maximum potential, you also had to manage THREE different procs, maintain two tiny duration self buffs, continually rotate all bleeds in and manage power and Focus.

    I'm all for Yellow RK being the primary DPS line, I think mobility and high DPS is FUN and this is a GAME, which should be FUN, but a lightning RK calling Blue Hunter simple is nothing short of a joke, you spam one skill with no cooldown endlessly except where VI and SS are up, another RK can use writ for you since they're so OP there's always 2-3 in any 6man and we run 6-7 in our raids. There is no class that has achieved higher DPS with a simpler rotation, ever, in this history of the game, nothing has even come close to how low the skill ceiling is on RK right now.

    Should it be nerfed? No. Should it be more complex? Yes. Should it be better than Fire? I don't care at all, I hate Fire because it's boring, stationary, and slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    There is an actual objective reason why red should parse higher on a dummy than yellow. However, it is not because red "should" be the primary DPS line.

    The correct reason why red should do more, is that it is completely stationary and induction based. This is a major drawback when compared to yellow. If yellow does more DPS, there will never be a reason to go red. Hence, yellow's mobility should come at the cost of lower DPS.
    Ding ding ding ding. Somebody gets it. I disagree that mobility should reduce DPS, but I do agree that being stationary and inducting should provide an advantage, which by definition would make the mobility lines lower. Trade-offs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    One class being objectively better (what you are advocating for is Hunter > all other dps) is ridiculous
    It's not ridiculous in any way. Hunter should absolutely be the best DPS in the game because it can do only a single task, ST DPS. RK brings so much more to the table that even if the two classes were within 5% of each other as stated, nobody would ever take a Hunter where presented with the option of an RK.

    RK brings:
    Two rezzes.
    Hands down the best self-heal in existence, on a tiny CD that doesn't require you to stop to use it, has a micro animation with NO GCD.
    A targeted or self bubble for between 90 and 250k morale dependent on target, on a tiny CD, that doesn't even cost attunement to use if you're not braindead.
    Better mits than any Medium armour DPSer.
    By far the simplest rotation of any class, the lowest skill ceiling ever to bless this game, any mouth-breather can achieve top DPS with a single skill. If they're too stupid to keep Writ up, just have an RK with Abyss set do it for them, for a 50% DPS increase.
    Can jump to extremely potent heal spec at the drop of a hat if needed.
    Can drop to Fire line to debuff mits and armour if needed.
    Can kite whilst maintaining near 100% DPS capability.
    Can ignore nearly all mechanics whilst maintaining near or at 100% DPS capability.
    Can ignore 99% of melee mechanics since SS requires you to just run in, drop it, run out. This is NOT a "melee requirement" as half of you are pedaling, you're hardly a Champ and you have BETTER MITS THAN DPS WARDENS DO LOL.
    30x the AOE damage capability of a Hunter. SS can hit an unlimited number of targets if you've worked out how to position the skill to chain. Average on my RK with mediocre DPS gear is 800k a crit/dev. I've seen RKs with hits over 1.5million and the skill has a negligible CD and can repeatedly proc.

    It is simply a joke what the RK brings to the table over a Hunter.

    Hunter DPS should be 20-30% higher than lightning RK to account for the lack of all of the above list.

    Hunter brings:
    Range. Can avoid some but not all mechanics by being further away.
    Heal debuff (50% vs 30% from RK lol).
    Uuh... Hm.

    I currently main:
    Captain
    RK
    Guardian
    Warden

    Again, not calling for nerfs to RK, just saying Hunter should and needs to be better than RK, at DPS, until RK gets things like DNF and WoE removed from DPS lines.
    #15skills

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    It's not ridiculous in any way. Hunter should absolutely be the best DPS in the game because it can do only a single task, ST DPS. RK brings so much more to the table that even if the two classes were within 5% of each other as stated, nobody would ever take a Hunter where presented with the option of an RK.
    hes talking about overall better not just in terms of dps...

    to simplify:

    if rk has
    8/10 dps and
    2/10 utility

    and hunter has
    10/10 dps and
    0/10 utility

    then both classes are equaly good... not in terms of dps, but overall...

    calling for one class being overall better than others is ridiculous...
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

    LotRO since 2007

  6. #231
    You need to play an actually hard game for once and you would stop making comments like that

    Look at SWTORs balancing approach
    Melee is 5% higher than ranged
    Sustained is 5% higher than burst

    So a total 10% difference between the highest and the lowest specs. And you know what the result is? Melee is preferred and ranged burst specs are excluded from Nightmare mode (at least that was the case in prior level caps, I haven't played 6.0)

    The idea that 20-30% would be balanced can only come from someone who never had to beat a tight enrage. 10% difference is already too much

    And how you can just ignore the fact that I literally 10 times called for nerfing DNF and respond to me with "BuT rK hAs DnF" is also super funny

    The ONLY way to balance the game is to give all dps classes similar dps (within 5% of each other) and then run a script in the background to see how often certain classes complete the raid/the instances. If a class is overrepresented nerf its utility, if its underrepresented buff its utility

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    You need to play an actually hard game for once and you would stop making comments like that

    Look at SWTORs balancing approach
    Melee is 5% higher than ranged
    Sustained is 5% higher than burst

    So a total 10% difference between the highest and the lowest specs. And you know what the result is? Melee is preferred and ranged burst specs are excluded from Nightmare mode (at least that was the case in prior level caps, I haven't played 6.0)

    The idea that 20-30% would be balanced can only come from someone who never had to beat a tight enrage. 10% difference is already too much

    And how you can just ignore the fact that I literally 10 times called for nerfing DNF and respond to me with "BuT rK hAs DnF" is also super funny

    The ONLY way to balance the game is to give all dps classes similar dps (within 5% of each other) and then run a script in the background to see how often certain classes complete the raid/the instances. If a class is overrepresented nerf its utility, if its underrepresented buff its utility

    dps classes in this game will never ever be balanced, just because there is too much of weird dps support tools, that only affects some kind of dps class (melee, ranged, physical, tactical)....

    i think the only thing we can hope for (by feedback) is try to avoid things like burglar and champion in their current state ....

    i wished there were raid dps tools like there are in wow or ff14 ...
    Last edited by Zariliv92; Feb 24 2020 at 07:41 AM.
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

    LotRO since 2007

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    so it will be finally competitive trait line with unique play style, not just another red like boring melee dps line with higher mitigation debuff, but lower damage.
    There are two absolutely different ways to dealing damage in red and yellow. Yellow is not enough unique just because is the same dots as in red line there? It's laughable.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    ...
    I dont think that they will ever remove DNF etc from Rks cause very simple those kind of skills can make medium groups to overcame situations and finish raids at high tiers even if they strangle to finish them.And those groups are many more than the hard core raiding groups,that also some of them get the advantage of those that Rks (and burglars now) provide and let the other classes out at least for the start.Also that they are range,very useful for a group and easy to play made Rks so popular.
    Even more popular than Legolas (hunters).Can you possible imagine back then when this game released that another class could be more popular some time later than that who inspired by Legolas? (Yes sorry i am bit RP,we play Lord of the Rings anyway).
    Put 5 rks in your group and you can pass everything,put 5 hunters or champions and you can go nowhere thats the difference.
    Agree that the more support etc the less dps so the others who cannot offer much for the group could stand a change for a dps spot but in a way that a good Rk,burglar, would make more dps than a casual/average hunter,champion etc,so 30% its too much in my opinion but 10% difference for sure.
    Also some of the good end game Rks hate how easy to play is the class and they asking for being more complex but the more they asking the easier the developers make it.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

  10. #235
    I feel most of you fail to understand why it's so hard to balance stuff between classes:

    1: Most SSG staff don't play the game, and those who play it, do it in a casual way so it's hard to know perfectly what's the true performance classes do.
    2: Feedback is mostly wrong and usually inconsistent (some people claim RKs are almost as good as burglars and some people claim rks are behind wardens as an example).
    3: Skill gap of classes make a huge difference, to me you should balance classes according to the potential they have, not what people usually do with them. For example difference between best burglars and average burglars is massive, same for hunters, and particularly champions.
    4: Class support and utility makes so big of a difference the dps ranking in raid is massively different to dps ranking in 3 man or 6 man. Just remember anvil raids where rune keepers were worst dpsers while they were top dps in 3 man and 6 man (before burglar buff I mean). And hunters being terrible dpsers in 3 man while being best dpsers in raid.
    5: Depending on content some classes get completely excluded from groups because they are just not good enough. Example: Heal rks will only be desired in raid if tank damage is so insanely high you need a rk for it, while it will be completely excluded if you have dps race fights because minstrels and beornings got a lot of dps buffs to the raid.

    That said... and about set bonus.. some of them are still terribly useless and it would be nice if they made them at least useful if they can't manage to design a good set bonus. Just a +10% damage bonus is better than something which would literally do nothing.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    The idea that 20-30% would be balanced can only come from someone who never had to beat a tight enrage.
    Uhh, no, precisely because utility is so important. You gloss over how amazingly useful having 6 RKs is vs 6 Hunters. I don't care whether you've petitioned for the removal/nerf of DNF, I've yet to see it because funnily enough I don't know everything you post. Currently, RKs have DNF, so at current, they have 12 rezzes in a raid before the Captains, Minis, Beornings have to begin using theirs, by which point all DNFs are back off CD. It's laughable how broken that is vs the literally zero group utility Hunters have.

    A tight DPS check can easily be beat by RKs at 30% behind because when half the DPSers die they're back up, which is not the case with Hunters or any other DPS, frankly. Hence why all current top tier raid teams are running 6 RKs lol.

    Yes, once utility between RK and Hunter are on par, DPS should also be on par. Your argument is that RKs should have some of their utility removed, so it's totally fine right now that they do 60-70% more DPS. Haha. No.
    #15skills

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    49
    LM Catmint cooldown reduced by -30seconds is so B O R I N G, not needed and doesn't count as a "BONUS" at all.
    The fact that hunters are excluded now, and most of the RK are playing yellow, LM's dont need to debuff fire mits so a few skills and pets become obsolete- catmint now used mainly on spirit and its B O R I N G!!!

    Red Bonus is for questing?!- we did that already- we finish them all!!! so why we need it?? and as a bonus?? we cant DPS (causing lag to all group, low DPS value, long CD's...) give us better tools to support as a bonus.

    Yellow- its still an enigma now...Ill wait to see what the dev meant to.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorben View Post
    LM Catmint cooldown reduced by -30seconds is so B O R I N G, not needed and doesn't count as a "BONUS" at all.
    The fact that hunters are excluded now, and most of the RK are playing yellow, LM's dont need to debuff fire mits so a few skills and pets become obsolete- catmint now used mainly on spirit and its B O R I N G!!!
    You still have to look at it from the perspective of a BLUE set bonus. I know it can also be used for yellow but that´s not the real purpose for this set. Just wait if we get a real Bonus for yellow or not

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post

    A tight DPS check can easily be beat by RKs at 30% behind because when half the DPSers die they're back up, which is not the case with Hunters or any other DPS, frankly. Hence why all current top tier raid teams are running 6 RKs lol.
    Nonsense..a tight dps check doesn't mean you beat it if half the group is dead
    A tight dps check assuming your "balance" would mean 6 Hunters would beat it if they stay alive, but fail if some die..6 RKs would always fail because they are 30% behind

    That you think you beat a tight dps check if half the group is dead proves my point that you haven't seen a tight dps check yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Yes, once utility between RK and Hunter are on par, DPS should also be on par. Your argument is that RKs should have some of their utility removed, so it's totally fine right now that they do 60-70% more DPS. Haha. No.
    60-70% more is completely fictional. I was getting around 90k solo/120k with raven/tar, Rk in the same gear is 135k
    And I don't actively play my Hunter on live, there's definitely massively better Hunters out there. I'd say after the Hunter buff the dps should be pretty close with LM


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Hence why all current top tier raid teams are running 6 RKs lol.
    No top tier raid team runs 6 dps, they run 5. No top tier raid team exists that does not have at least 1 competent burglar and 1 competent warden.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    45
    New BR patch

    "aid Armour is available in the Eyes & Guard Tavern from Edgecase. Set bonuses have been tweaked a bit."

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    60-70% more is completely fictional. I was getting around 90k solo/120k with raven/tar, Rk in the same gear is 135k

    No top tier raid team runs 6 dps, they run 5. No top tier raid team exists that does not have at least 1 competent burglar and 1 competent warden.
    If you are getting 135k DPS in a group with RK, this is indicative of the source of your problems with RK nerfs/Hunter buffs, then. 120k in groups with Hunter DPS? In Tier 5 six-mans? I'm highly doubtful of that, but again, your (poorly played/geared?) RK is putting out 10-15% higher DPS, with group utility and 2 rezzes to boot. Why on earth would anyone be stupid enough to accept your Hunter in runs in this case?

    Given how little knowledge you've shown about hunter in past threads, I'm highly inclined to disbelieve you A) even play the class and/or B) get 120k DPS in current content on said Hunter. For reference, my RK as mentioned isn't very well geared for Lightning DPS and yet still gets consistently 20-30k higher IN TIER FIVE CONTENT than yours does, and yet you're here with it as your main, advocating against any nerfs to it, or buffs to Hunter which may pose a threat to RK as a main DPSer...?

    In addition, literally no decent raid team that has RKs will opt for Wardens, and Burgs have 1-2 spots AT MOST in a team, because almost all content is heavily biased against Melee where RKS simply do not suffer any penalties, and again, the aforementioned double revive per RK.

    It's evident you really don't know what you're talking about. I agree that on an even keel, all DPS'ers should be within relatively close proximity to eachother, the issue is that what a Rune Keeper brings to the table simply blows every other class off the table except Burg, which is broken OP. If you can't see what that makes RK look like when you're categorised with Burgs then it's something I (or anyone else on these forums) can't really help you with :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    No top tier raid team runs 6 dps, they run 5.
    HAHA. Okay.
    #15skills

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Thanks for showing your true nature

    Of course RK should threaten Hunter (and Hunter should threaten Rk, and Champ should threaten Rk, and Warden should threaten Hunter, and so on)

    It's called balance

    One class being objectively better (what you are advocating for is Hunter > all other dps) is ridiculous

    I've said it in another thread, this isn't 2007 anymore where there is just 1 single target dps, 1 AoE dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. There's multiple classes that fulfill each role and they all should be equally strong..that isn't a question in any other mmo, just lotro has those whiny hunters/minstrels/guardians who want to be more effective without being a better player just because they at one point picked a class


    This idea that rk's should be even with hunters is where problem lies...........



    The rune keeper does aoe the hunter does not that is precisely why hunter should do significantly better ST damage than the rune keeper. That is inbalance exactly what you asking for and I cant believe you just admitted that on forums that you want rk and hunt do do same dmg with rk also having aoe lol


    nothing wrong with rk dealing less damage its ranged and has aoe why should a hunter have no aoe but have the exact same amount of st dmg or less than the rune keeper please explain
    Last edited by mikkye; Feb 24 2020 at 12:56 PM.

  18. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    If you are getting 135k DPS in a group with RK, this is indicative of the source of your problems with RK nerfs/Hunter buffs, then.
    135k solo on the dummy this beta..140k on live vs the dummy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    120k in groups with Hunter DPS?
    120k on the dummy with just a LM standing there to apply raven/tar..and again, other people will be a lot higher with their Hunter. I've seen 125k in the same scenario on live server


    The rest of your post is absolute nonsense, for the simple reason that you compare your numbers with 5 other people supporting you vs my solo numbers and then think you are better because you are barely higher..
    Last edited by Chris91; Feb 24 2020 at 01:47 PM.

  19. #244
    When BR #3 Re-opens please offer some specific quality feedback to the Raid armour sets and avoid where possible so much class balance stuff?

    It's been a while since we received any kinda class set Bonus, it will be a real shame to not have quality feedback going back to SSG.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

    The Ascensio

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerz View Post
    when br #3 re-opens please offer some specific quality feedback to the raid armour sets and avoid where possible so much class balance stuff?

    It's been a while since we received any kinda class set bonus, it will be a real shame to not have quality feedback going back to ssg.
    signed

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    135k solo on the dummy this beta..140k on live vs the dummy



    120k on the dummy with just a LM standing there to apply raven/tar..and again, other people will be a lot higher with their Hunter. I've seen 125k in the same scenario on live server
    Hahaha wait.

    So, all of your class mechanic opinions and numbers are from dummies? WOW. Dummies are in no way even remotely representative of how a class performs in actual content, comparing DPS figures lol. In one you get 120k DPS with a second player just standing there debuffing for you, in the other you get HIGHER DPS solo, but the comparison is fair? My god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    The rest of your post is absolute nonsense, for the simple reason that you compare your numbers with 5 other people supporting you
    Lol I'm terrible at lightning RK and have barely any DPS gear, I solely heal, and yet do better DPS than you do, on mobs that have literally 5x the mitigations. You said it yourself that RK doesn't need support like Hunter does, sooo, who are these 5 people supporting me?

    Arguing with you is giving me brain damage. Hunters are terrible right now, which is why they literally don't have a spot in any content and nobody is playing them! No idea wth you're arguing for, is yellow RK hard? No, no it's not. Is it a VERY VERY good DPS that takes almost all (if not all) DPS spots in group content? Yes, yes it is. Jesus Christ. Poor RKs with their 5% damage reduction this update. Now they'll still only be the best DPSer because they can ignore every mechanic any better DPSer has to account for. I weep for them (us, me?).
    #15skills

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    When BR #3 Re-opens please offer some specific quality feedback to the Raid armour sets and avoid where possible so much class balance stuff?

    It's been a while since we received any kinda class set Bonus, it will be a real shame to not have quality feedback going back to SSG.
    This thread is bust, I'd advise a new thread.
    #15skills

  23. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    This thread is bust, I'd advise a new thread.
    Well, yeah, you broke it by arguing about irrelevant and other people replied with irrelevancy.

    Anyway, I even wonder if devs are watching this thread, as it could use some cleaning up.

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    The rune keeper does aoe the hunter does not that is precisely why hunter should do significantly better ST damage than the rune keeper. That is inbalance exactly what you asking for and I cant believe you just admitted that on forums that you want rk and hunt do do same dmg with rk also having aoe lol
    No..what I'm saying is that utility needs to be balanced separately from (single target) dps

    Why? Because single target dps is ALWAYS useful in any fight, while utility (as well as aoe, which is why I consider aoe part of utility) is situational. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it's useless. See self heals like selfmotivation or press onwards..they were great for Anvil ID1 but entirely useless in ID2 because you didn't take any damage anyway. AoE is the same, sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's not

    Hence why:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    The ONLY way to balance the game is to give all dps classes similar dps (within 5% of each other) and then run a script in the background to see how often certain classes complete the raid/the instances. If a class is overrepresented nerf its utility, if its underrepresented buff its utility
    and in this scenario AoE is part of utility

    Because this is not true

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariliv92 View Post
    if rk has
    8/10 dps and
    2/10 utility

    and hunter has
    10/10 dps and
    0/10 utility

    then both classes are equaly good... not in terms of dps, but overall...
    IF the utility is useful it's 10 vs 10, IF the utility does nothing for the fight it's 8 vs 10

    Hence why, utility and dps need to be balanced separately

    I NEVER said I'm opposed to giving Hunters (or Champs for that matter) more utility (in fact, I'd support that). I said multiple times that I'd nerf some of RKs utility. But I'm adamant that utility has to be strictly separated from dps


    Anyway, that's my last class balance post

  25. #250
    Beta #3: Captain Armour

    Red Line (Primary Buffer / DPS)

    - The set bonus is nice, but could use a secondary element with "... and +2.5% incoming dmg" (melee, tactical and ranged) since we are primary buffers in raid
    - Overall Stat Distribution looks reasonable (at a quick glance)
    - Would rather see additional finesse or crit rating instead of fate on legs



    Yellow (Tanking)

    - As per player feedback whilst on paper making battle shout a taunt sounds great, in practice (tank swapping/supporting guard) it is going to be a hindrance in some situations.
    - Please consider changing this to a different defensive bonus (+1% phys mittt/2% tact mitt, +10 sec shield duration, +5% incoming healing, etc.)
    - The vitality on this armour set should be greater than that from healing set (please consider increasing vitality on tanking set pieces)
    - On chest piece please consider replacing fate with tactical mitigation bonus (as things stand most will just end up using the healing chest piece)



    Blue (Healing)

    - No 4 piece set bonus at present
    - Overall Stat Distribution looks reasonable (at a quick glance) albeit parry could be something better on a heal set.

    Last edited by Knight.; Feb 24 2020 at 03:58 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

 

 
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload