We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Armor of the Elite Rider" pictures

New cosmetic set granted to VIP accounts with the release of Riders of Rohan in the Legendary Servers.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

OMG, that's sharp!

It's a nice set.... but too bad it isn't dyeable....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    It's a nice set.... but too bad it isn't dyeable....
    It would be great if it could be dyed. I really like it, and it's close to the original Armour of the Eastemnet already, so I don't think it being dyeable would take that over a line.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Thumbs up

We get that on any server or only on the LS ??? Hopefully like with the last one, on any server and all characters.

Yes dyeable would be extremely nice. Still I'm really happy they didn't just go with blue but a more neutral colour that can more easily mix with many other things.

To whomever at SSG made the design choice and dye choice. The helmet in particular. My son will be so happy for this. Me too. Here are 3 for You !!!
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 13 2020 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Fixed some sloppy typos as usual.

Thumbs up

As I logged in I noticed that had a box on my character on regular server, so that answers that question. Very nice !!!

Again, as maartena wrote, dyeable would have been even nicer, as then we could match the helmet with parts of our Helms Deep cosmetics. Dye it olive green or something. Still this is awesome though. I was acctually hoping for something like this after SSG did the "new" Isengard outfit. Just hoping this one would not be blue, but something easier to mix with other cosmetic pieces and as it turns out it was. Yay for that.

Now let's hope they do this for Helm's Deep as well with that outfit for those that never got that. Also let's hope they keep this grey/brown colour scheme (if not dyeable) on that too so that these two sets can be mixed.

Anyone know if we can also sub on our other alt accounts and still get this set on them too before some certain date ??? Or did we have to be subbed when Rohand was relased on LS and now it's too late ??? I nevr read any pre announcement for this.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 13 2020 at 04:39 AM.

Lightbulb

All I can find is this Tweet I found via search (as I don't use twitter myself and have no account), link: https://twitter.com/lotro/status/1226630375562252289

Quote Originally Posted by LoTRO On Twitter, 9 feb 2020
    The Riders of Rohan releases on the Legendary Worlds this week! We'll also have more later this week on a special cosmetic item players can get for logging into Anor or Ithil. #LOTRO
    Then this is the release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Also, log in with an active subscription to a character on any World through March 12th, 2020, and receive an account-wide cosmetic Armour of the Elite Rider. Thank you for being a VIP!
    So I guess it's too late to sub on alt account now and recieve this armour on them too ??? I would have happily subbed on more accounts for my son and I to get it on all. Oh well c'est la vie. At least we got it on our main accounts.

Edit: Nevermind. I was so set in my head that it was the release date of 12th, as in February, that I somehow didn't see it acctually said March 12th, doh (feeling stupid). Happily Cloudcastle has now pointed that out for me.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 13 2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Facepalm For me.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    [QUOTE=Lord.Funk;7990530]We get that on any server or only on the LS ??? Hopefully like with the last one, on any server and all characters.

Yes dyeable would be extremely nice. Still I'm really happy they didn't just go with blue but a more neutral colour that can more easily mix with many other things.

To whomever at SSG made the design choice and dye choice. The helmet in particular. My son will be so happy for this. Me too. Here are 3

Same, only make it dyeable PLEASE!

Or all my riders, because they are, will look very much the same.
    Last edited by Marancil; Feb 13 2020 at 08:02 AM.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post

Then this is the release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Also, log in with an active subscription to a character on any World through March 12th, 2020, and receive an account-wide cosmetic Armour of the Elite Rider. Thank you for being a VIP!
    So I guess it's too late to sub on alt account now and recieve this armour on them too ??? I would have happily subbed on more accounts for my son and I to get it on all. Oh well c'est la vie. At least we got it on our main accounts.
    March 12th is still a month away, so I would think that you'd have time to sub and log in with another account and still get the armor.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    March 12th is still a month away, so I would think that you'd have time to sub and log in with another account and still get the armor.
    Ah, lol. Doh !!!

Was taking for granted that it was the 12th of February (yesterday) as that was the release date, so I simply did not even notice it said March.

It is ok if You want to make a facepalm over me right now. I deserve that for being so...well...You know.

Thank You though for pointing out the obvious which was right in my face, that I somehow still did miss.

Now let's hope they do this for Helm's Deep as well with that outfit for those that never got that. Also let's hope they keep this grey/brown colour scheme (if not dyeable) on that too so that these two sets can be mixed.

The original can't be dyed, so I hope if they do make a reworked version of it, that it will be dyeable. It's a nice set, but I only use it on one character - because, it can't be dyed.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The original can't be dyed, so I hope if they do make a reworked version of it, that it will be dyeable. It's a nice set, but I only use it on one character - because, it can't be dyed.
    I know the original is not dyeable. Neither the Rohan set or the HD set. My son wears the HD set on at least one of his characters. It's green and mixes with the original Rohans cosmetic set as that too is green. That is why if they don't make it dyeable (and if they add a version for vip along the HD release on legendary servers) it would be preferable that they make it same colour scheme as the one we just got. Then those two sets can be mixed with each other too. Gives more options to mix and match rohirrim style looking sets, rather then a set with some other undyeable fixed colour that can't be matched with much that looks Rohirrim in style. Yes we can always hope it becomes dyeable of course.

already written in the update notes ..........
    all vips get it account wide in every server!
    the only thing extra for the legendary servers is the avatar icon!
    to be honnest after i saw the armour set i prefer to have the new avater icon!
    the armour tho its very nice, its not dyable and almost the same with the HD set,
    which ofc i have ..........
    anyway....... its free so who m i to ask for more........
    thanks a lot devs!!!!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Ah, lol. Doh !!!

Was taking for granted that it was the 12th of February (yesterday) as that was the release date, so I simply did not even notice it said March.

It is ok if You want to make a facepalm over me right now. I deserve that for being so...well...You know.

Thank You though for pointing out the obvious which was right in my face, that I somehow still did miss.
    Heh, no problem! I figured that you might just be mistaking the March date for Feb. Didn't want you to miss out on the second set of armor you were hoping for!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Heh, no problem! I figured that you might just be mistaking the March date for Feb. Didn't want you to miss out on the second set of armor you were hoping for!
    Yeah. Thank You !!! Not only a 2nd set for me, but for my son as well. Maybe even a 3rd for us both.

I have no issue with subscription rather than other monetization schemes that affect gameplay design. Stuff, or rather rewards like these outfits is the perfect incentive for at least my son and I to sub on all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    the only thing extra for the legendary servers is the avatar icon!
    to be honnest after i saw the armour set i prefer to have the new avater icon!
    Cloak and portrait frame are account wide too, but you need to play some content for to get it, its not automatic with log in as the cosmetic armor set.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Pleased is Marancil... keep the Norcrofts cloak he will!

Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

I logged on last night to see it in my inventory, so I tried it on. I have to say, it looks sharp! I like it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Pleased is Marancil... keep the Norcrofts cloak he will!

Your post put a big smile on my face.

Pleased here too. Very pleased !!!

Your post put a big smile on my face.

Pleased here too. Very pleased !!!
    Hi Lord Funk, Loth here. Any idea what the female version of the armor looks like?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaer View Post
    Hi Lord Funk, Loth here. Any idea what the female version of the armor looks like?
    Hi Loth, nope, not tried it on one of my female caharacters yet, as they are on another account. I might have an elven LM low level that i never play on my main account.

I guess the same as in the pictures here but a fit to go with the female avatars body shapes. Note that Olgomils (screenshots at the top of this thread) seem to be of a male elf wearing it and the male elves neutral stance/pose/posture differs alot from race of men. Marancils screenshot is a male race of men character wearing it though, but no female screenshots added here yet.

I would guess the fit is very similar to the "Armour Of The Eastemnet" that this armour is a reskin/rework of.

Here is a picture of both the male and female version of that on race of men characters. Then of course take into account the different dye (brown and grey) and patterns on the new one, but the fit should be about the same I guess.

It is different enough to be it's own thing but similar enough to be pretty too.

I'm so happy that the helmet looks so good as that was the one piece my son and I both wanted so much with a certain outfit combined with other pieces in it. There really is no other helmet Rohirrim style and shape that have come close to the helmet of "Armour Of The Eastemnet" until now. The chest piece we both like too due to it having a nice body shape and distinctive waiste even on the male version. A distinctive waiste on armor design was important in the medieval times. As can be seen on many armours in museums and such.

At least in late medieval full plate armour.

Now if only our race of men male characters could also have nice braided beards and hairs to match that would be awseome.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dc/3d/f4/d...9981574717.jpg

Edit: here is another screenshot of a female character wearing "The Armour Of The Eastemnet" that should be about the same design shape as this new "Armour Of The Elite Rider", just different dye and patterns on it.

Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 14 2020 at 03:03 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaer View Post
    Hey again Lothuial,

Here, I dug up my LvL 24 Elven Female LM character (that I basically never play) and put on the "Armour Of The Elite Rider" and took some Screenshots just for Your sake, he he he !!!

With and without cloak. It also comes with a hooded version of the cloak. I hope this is of some help to You.

Only now do I realize that there are many differences between the "old" Eastemnet version and the new, but regardless both look great. I guess it comes from the overall shape of the armour and its details that is so well fitted to riders.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Only now do I realize that there are many differences between the "old" Eastemnet version and the new, but regardless both look great. I guess it comes from the overall shape of the armour and its details that is so well fitted to riders.
    Indeed. The pattern is very different while the shape and fit is about the same. Yes it is very fitting for a rohirrim looking outfit. As I said before no other helmet in-game has come close to have this look and fit. There are some helmets in game that can be used to create a rohirrim look as well but non of them fit this well. I acctullly really like the pattern on the new helmet. It feel like we can finally complete our rohirrim outfits now, my son and I.

In fact the day after this was released we went out to The Argonath and took a series of screenshots with various characters. Here are a few examples of the screenshots with my sons character now that he finally could complete his rohirrim style rider. We took many screenshots and these are just in one angle/location. Not sure yet which ones I'll be using in the future, so these are just an example to show his current outfit. We took alot more than this from various angles of The Argonaths, with variuous characters in various outfits and various time of the day (in game time). These were taken during dawn, morning and noon in-game time I think. Look at the beuaty of the sky and light at various times of the day.

I took them in 1440p resolution, windowed mode, ultra high graphical setting, but have shrunk them to fit the width of 1920 pixels. Originally they were 2544x1401 pixels, as I ran the game in windowed mode and that takes away a few pixels width and height on game window and screenshots. That is why they don't fill all the way up to 1080 pixels height.

Sure one can have issues and complaints with various things in the game. I do too. HOWEVER the beauty of LoTRO still amazes me and takes my breath away, even in 2020. The world building and art-style and great care and luv for details. Amazing !!!