We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for the right server, want to level up with other low levels!

Hello,

I was wondering what the best server is for me. I want to start a new character from scratch and enjoy the entire game without having to solo the whole time. Are there any servers with a high pop of other low level players? I hate when every zone feels empty, it makes me depressed. I know there's the legendary servers, but I think I might be late to the party on that, since they're already almost at Riders of Rohan.

I also enjoy RP from time to time, and love seeing people RP at the Prancing Pony and stuff.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by goatshilk View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering what the best server is for me. I want to start a new character from scratch and enjoy the entire game without having to solo the whole time. Are there any servers with a high pop of other low level players? I hate when every zone feels empty, it makes me depressed. I know there's the legendary servers, but I think I might be late to the party on that, since they're already almost at Riders of Rohan.

I also enjoy RP from time to time, and love seeing people RP at the Prancing Pony and stuff.

Thanks!
    I play on Crickhollow. Just started a new character this week and I'm seeing lots of other players in the low-level areas. However, a lot of them are kind of unresponsive- so there may just be a lot of veteran players trying to blaze a new toon through old areas or they're just LP farming.

There are roleplayers on Crickhollow, but it's not a "roleplaying server." However a common complaint about "Roleplaying servers" is that they're empty in low-level areas, so that might not match what you want.

I know other servers have higher populations than Crickhollow, but I've found it to be a pretty good middle-of-the-road server that seems to have a good number of players and also a lot of fun events and things. Might be worth checking out <3

I was wondering what the best server is for me. I want to start a new character from scratch and enjoy the entire game without having to solo the whole time. Are there any servers with a high pop of other low level players?
    Your best bet is to create a character on each server and check the pop's during your normal play time. Any pop charts you find will just tell you over all numbers (there are a couple out there) so by logging on and using the social panel you can check on what level characters are on that server and then choose accordingly.

You should also look at the server sub-forums here and check on the various Kinships to see if any are looking for lower levels. I know there was/is a kinship on Landy where players RP'd Shire Bounders with a number of lower level players in it.

Pick a server or two with peak time during your usual playtime and go scouting. Read WC, check AH, see if there's any RP going in Bree. And then find an active kin to join.

When you get an invite or see recruiting message, ask questions. There are slow leveling kins using Stone of Tortoise, you can find more info about them here in the Forums. There are regular, large ones that will be willing to help you with questing.

Each server has a different feel and population numbers but lots of action happens inside kins.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Be sure to check out the legendary servers. Yes, they are at Rohan starting today, but you may find people still levelling up thru SOA. On Ithil, there is a kin called Way of the Tortoise that levels even more slowly than the rest of the server. They may be your best bet for finding people interested in the same things you are. Re RP, I don't participate but I remember seeing some RP'ers on Ithil creating some tools to connect, but can't remember what. Ask around!

Good luck - hope you find what you're looking for!

Controlled levelling kins

Most servers have at least one controlled levelling kin. They use the stone of the tortoise to restrict the amount of experience they gain. This enables them to do areas without out levelling them (especially useful at lower levels as it allows you to do all 3 starter areas on level & then the likes of Angmar & Forochel), it also means they explore more of the game world. Both the role play intended servers have such a kin although I'm not sure about the legendary ones. The one on Laurelin is currently capped at Level 60 at the moment although a number of the kin are still in the 20-30 levels. The stone also allows you to solo the game without leaving others in your kin behind, it does cost LPs (used to be 440 but now it's only 100) but well worth it if your not in a rush to get to level cap!
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

Hello,

Thanks!
    As you like to enjoy RP, I would recommend Landroval if you are in the Americas, and Laurelin if you are in Europe - these servers certainly have the most roleplaying events.
    If you are looking for lower level players, I might also recommend Arkenstone. None of the servers really have masses of low level players anymore, but there is a kinship called "Avansies" on Arkenstone that has TONS of low level people on at this moment, and there are planned leveling events several times a month.

Should you be in Australia/NZ or a similar timezone, I would also recommend Arkenstone, as they are the "Unofficial" Oceanic server. Most Australians opted to move there when the server merges happened in 2015. The "OZRaid" team consisting of several kins moved there for instance. It might also help if you often play late at night or very early in the morning in the US.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.