We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's ;"Slay many Dead in Annuminas" doing in Everswim Slayer Deed?

Haven't completed Everswim's slayer deeds in a long time. I'm trying to do it on a toon and just noticed the "Slay many dead in Annuminas". I remember the Angmarim and Brutes, and completed those, but I don't remember the dead deed and lotro-wiki doesn't show it: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Slayer_of_Evendim

What's going on with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    Haven't completed Everswim's slayer deeds in a long time. I'm trying to do it on a toon and just noticed the "Slay many dead in Annuminas". I remember the Angmarim and Brutes, and completed those, but I don't remember the dead deed and lotro-wiki doesn't show it: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Slayer_of_Evendim

What's going on with that?
    First of all, you just don't read some parts of this deed in lotro-wiki:

Newly added with Update 13, this meta deed combines the slayer deeds of Annúminas and Evendim together, despite slight differences in the naming of the individual objectives. Completing both sets of these slayer deeds will complete this meta deed.

Defeat the Dead within Annúminas (100):

Mobs that count toward this deed
    Limrafn
    Spectral Warriors
    Spectral Champion

Last time I completed this deed was on my high level captain. Towards the end of the Haudh Valandil instance, there is a boss over the bridge who constantly spawns Limrafn. I just parked my herald on aggressive and stood there, went and got a cup of coffee and waited for the deed to complete. Two deeds: Limrafn slayer and Dead slayer done in one go, in a very painless way

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    First of all, you just don't read some parts of this deed in lotro-wiki:

Newly added with Update 13, this meta deed combines the slayer deeds of Annúminas and Evendim together, despite slight differences in the naming of the individual objectives. Completing both sets of these slayer deeds will complete this meta deed.

Defeat the Dead within Annúminas (100):

Mobs that count toward this deed
    Limrafn
    Spectral Warriors
    Spectral Champion
    That note on the page doesn't directly reference the text of a line of the deed that has no explanation. Also, there's not popup on mouse-over for that line in the deed log. However, thanks for the explanation, we'll see what happens when I finish the others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Last time I completed this deed was on my high level captain. Towards the end of the Haudh Valandil instance, there is a boss over the bridge who constantly spawns Limrafn. I just parked my herald on aggressive and stood there, went and got a cup of coffee and waited for the deed to complete. Two deeds: Limrafn slayer and Dead slayer done in one go, in a very painless way
    I remembered that too. The problem with that is the reflect damage. I remember going there with one of my hunters and another hunter. We had to alternate shots yet still sometimes committed suicide. Funny as heck. This toon wasn't as high so just stood there and managed to get it done.

The complaint isn't about doing the deed, it's about the confusion in the deed log versus explanations. Still, got through it.

BTW: Anyone reading this who hasn't done it, what TheArtillerman is referencing is that you kill the first, Kergerim boss, then don't go up to the wall of flame or loot the chest. The fire wall ahead keeps spawning the fuzz balls. Lazy.