We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Classic Eriador map remastered with 4x times higher resolution than original!

Posted this on reddit, thought it could post it here as well. Hopefully we will see high-res ingame maps soon ^^
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 29 2020 at 07:27 PM.

So much better than the new art style

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKr1eg View Post
    So much better than the new art style
    I agree, the worst maps currently are the "google earth" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    I agree, the worst maps currently are the "google earth" ones.
    Yeah I don't like the google earth style maps in new regions, I do however like new giant maps of Middle-earth, though still prefer the old style maps like the Eriador one shown here, but new ones not bad.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Thanks for sharing LotroVidz, this is awesome!
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    Thanks for sharing LotroVidz, this is awesome!
    No worries! I will soon release a remastered version of the original SOA cinematic video, it will run at full 4k and 60FPS for the first time ever!

What exactly do you mean by "remastered"?

Did you recompose the image from high-res sources which aren't generally available to the public? Did you use some kind of pixel interpolation software? A lot of manual photoshop work? Or a combination?
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Oh my god, that's nice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post

Did you recompose the image from high-res sources which aren't generally available to the public? Did you use some kind of pixel interpolation software? A lot of manual photoshop work? Or a combination?
    I assume its photoshop instead of High resolution, if you look at his other maps on reddit closely you can clearly tell a Painting option was used. But still nice work nonetheless
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Jan 29 2020 at 10:37 PM.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post

Probably ran it through one of the graphic AI Neural Network upscalers that are all the rage now for older game textures.

Here's a forum thread with examples (It's a big thread, kinda have to search around)

AI Neural Networks being used to generate HQ textures for older games (You can do it yourself!)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

This map was so much better than what we have now. This was by far my favorite style, I really miss it. I would love if all maps looked like this.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Beautiful!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    My completely amateurish often-LotRO Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/moondog548

I remember that map.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic