We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

@SSG, Producer's Letter for DDO released, but not for LotrO?! What's going on?

https://ddo.com/en/news/look-ahead-p...r-january-2020

It's official, SSG doesn't care for lotro anymore ... It's all over guys, pack your backpacks, we're leavin ...
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

While I want some communication from SSG, too, your "the sky is falling" posts and the asking for the game to be shut down are getting old.

Asking for information is one thing, and being worried about the game is fine. But this is not helping. Unless your actual goal is to cause harm, my suggestion would be to take a break from the game. Then when there is more information available, maybe come back and see if things are better for you.

If, on the other hand, your goal *is* to cause harm...the first part of the suggestion still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post

It's official, SSG doesn't care for lotro anymore ... It's all over guys, pack your backpacks, we're leavin ...
    Last Producer’s Letter for LOTRO was at the end of february 2019... maybe same timeframe for the 2020 one.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...3-A-Look-Ahead

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

It's been officially stated that it will arrive 1 to 2 moths from now, generally Q1.

With new expansion recently released and still being in the works for instances I think it is reasonable to postpone the letter a bit.

Also as stated above, 2019's letter was also quite late, at the end February.

Diablo IV story comes to mind here, devs said they are going to give quarterly updates, and as soon as January hit people started to cry how devs do not care about community because there was no quarterly update. Turned out the first quarter of the year runs through March

So nothing interesting here. What is interesting however is the case of these forums just because of sheer amount of pointless complaining and catastrophic posts posted over and over. Someone should make a paper about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unthariel View Post
    So nothing interesting here. What is interesting however is the case of these forums just because of sheer amount of pointless complaining and catastrophic posts posted over and over. Someone should make a paper about it.

A very good idea. I think if I take your advice and write that "paper", the First Chapter will be entitled: "Unthariel Complains Again...About Complainers"

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    A very good idea. I think if I take your advice and write that "paper", the First Chapter will be entitled: "Unthariel Complains Again...About Complainers"
    Thank you, that's very evolutionary. I hope your remaining 1,098 posts are just as useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Unthariel View Post
    Thank you, that's very evolutionary. I hope your remaining 1,098 posts are just as useful.

I highly recommend reading them all. You never know...you might even enjoy them.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Very dramatic. Nothing to worry about - the producer's letter will come in a few weeks. Last year it came out in february. That's okay.

Long time ddo player here, don't worry, the ddo side thinks exactly the same, like, ssg does more for lotro, we are forgotten. we players are a complaining bunch

The expansion came out less than 3 months ago. 6-mans just came out. Raid is in the pipeline. What do you want? Like for real.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

It's also important to note that the DDO Producer's Letter is extremely short, like most of theirs are. Personally, I'm fine to wait a while in order to get a better and more thorough look at what's coming like we are used to in this game.

If you look back in the article archives, the LOTRO Producer's Letter comes in January as often as it doesn't, so there's no need to worry. I think I remember one year the Producer's Letter was even released in May.

We'll all be fine. Our game isn't going anywhere.

My prediction for the Lotro producer's letter:

- kinship system revamp
    - Legendary item revamp
    - Rohan housing
    - 2 new regions in 2020
    - racial traits revamp
    - further class balance work
    - new carry-alls

My prediction for the Lotro producer's letter:

- kinship system revamp - Promised in last year's letter, how will they spin things this year?
    - Legendary item revamp -Let's not open up that undead can of worms again just yet, eh?
    - Rohan housing - It's coming! No really! The legendary servers' Rohan release was ahead of schedule!
    - 2 new regions in 2020 - Oh, that's new. /s
    - racial traits revamp - It's huge, definitely not something we could just do in a patch.
    - class balance work - Oh, that's new. /s
    - new carry-alls - More bags that can't be bought with in-game currency! You're welcome!

I'm with you, Thurinuor

Seriously though, the expectations are so low... All I want is "- the rest of the MM expansion will be released this year, complete with new skirmishes, new landmasses that aren't just reskins, new traits, and we finally fixed all scaled content to give relevant rewards!"
    Last edited by aleczander; Jan 24 2020 at 09:45 AM.

Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 120 Champ | Aedush - R5 Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by ValerianusLOTRO View Post
    Long time ddo player here, don't worry, the ddo side thinks exactly the same, like, ssg does more for lotro, we are forgotten. we players are a complaining bunch
    I chuckled at this.

. It's all over guys, pack your backpacks, we're leavin ...

You made me think of Airplane 2 when William Shatner decided to close up the Moon base.