We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

problem with launcher

for about 3 days I do not see messages in the laucher, more accurately when I run the laucher so for 2-3 seconds to display messages in the laucher and instead of the messages I have empty black. I mean here the part of the laucher that is located in the lower right part of the laucher

Yes, mine is doing the same. Though this only started after yesterday's update for me.

Same issue for me since last update: On launcher, the area that usually has messages from SSG is now black.

Same issue but my problem started before the update. I was hoping the update would fix it but it didn't.

The Lotro forums are also running very sluggish for me, more so than usual. This has been also an ongoing issue which has forced me to cut back on browsing them as often. Not sure if that problem is on my end or theirs? The thing is the internet works just fine when I use YouTube or Google.

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

There was an issue that persisted for about a day or so where the launcher news feed was not displaying, but that was corrected yesterday, so you should currently be able to see the launcher news feed. The change that caused this to happen (and then be corrected) has had a positive impact on forum log in and general web site response, although the forums/site remain sluggish sometimes. So, progress?
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

To get specifically technical we re-implemented our http to https redirect this week to replace an older version which was in place for many years and was contributing to slowness. However, the launcher news feed was still trying to pull from an old http feed, so we had to correct it.
    coolcool

for me the problem still persists, although it should be fixed, I hope the next time it is fixed

The problem is still here for me at the moment, was fine yesterday, and after I restarted my PC(power failiure) the messages were empty again...even after a few launcher restarts...

Yes, unfortunately, the newsfeed is not displaying in the LOTRO launcher. This will be fixed in the next game update, targeted for next week. Until then, you can see the launcher rss feed here or on the web site here.
    coolcool