We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: 2020 gear

2020 gear

I would like to open a thread for the discussion of the set bonus gear from group content we will be doing soon.

I encourage any and all types of bonuses you would like to see + any ideas of new unseen bonuses to be implemented in our 2020 130 upcoming gear set bonuses to be discussed here.

This is not a debate only state what type of set bonuses you would like to see on 130 gear sets that we will obtain later.

I was not a real fan of any of the anvil set bonuses. I feel class skill bonuses should be priority that are unique to your class and trait ed spec you are playing not via your Armour class

I am aware of the Lotro end game managements team to reduce the amount of players mini maxing using old set's.. if this is your fear make every set bonus lvl capped 5 lvl's + but please do not bring back stats as set bonuses or 1%/2% mitigations, I would very much prefer class specific bonuses 1 for each line please.

Keep it plain main stat and vitality 3-4 essence slots ideal to make your build truly unique to your play style for which your gearing for either that be pvp landscape t2c or t5 or just solo fun times.

Also the t5's should have dropped a very small bonus type of set bonus like Pelennor plain stats make your build nearly no different from the next guy/gal

I agree 110% about the class-specific bonuses.

Like +25% damage over time, -20% attack duration/induction, +% to spenders, generators or maybe cooldown reduction, etc etc.
    I am sure that y'all could make better suggestions than this base outline.
    One of my ears are swollen shut and is really messing around with my thought process and mood everall.

Another thing that I would like to see are bonuses for your LI, off-hand, shield, ranged, belt, crest, book and bag.
    Also, two-handed LIs need proper stat scaling and we need much better LI titles.

Maybe 2-3 more dps tiers so LIs can actually keep up with off-hand weapons.
    (looks pretty funky to me to have a 1.8k main-hand with a 2k+ off-hand, and it only gets worse when they release better weapons)

I'd like a -10 second upshot cooldown or -5 second if 10 is a lot 4 set bonus

For mini i'd enjoy inspire fellows dmg reduction back

I would give a bit of ideas of the classes I play the most, it depends if bonuses will be 1 per class or 1 per traitline.

Hunter: Hunter set of Heart Seeker seems no longer interesting as it has an internal cooldown, so unless they remove the internal cooldown I'd suggest:
    Red line: -30s Heart-Seeker Cooldown, also the Burn Hot critical magnitude buff would fit in there.
    Blue line: It's no longer really used and if you give a buff to Blood arrow it's gonna end being another red traits bonus. Maybe reduce barrage recovery time by 10s?
    Yellow Line: I see nothing that you can put here to make it useful. I'd go with +10s Trap debuff duration so at least it's useful for pre-fight swapping.

Lore-Master
    Red line: Lightning storm reset chance or just less cooldown.
    Yellow Line: I would love to get the 5% incoming critical chance with See All Ends.
    Blue line: Reduce Sic'em CD by 30s.

Rune keeper
    Red line: Just the usual + 2 pulses.
    Yellow line: Epic Conclusion does not consume Closing Remarks (atm Epic Conclussion is nearly useless, this will make it worth using), or just copy the old sets of +10% proc chance on harsh debate + thunderous words, or maybe 10% proc chance in static surge, but I think that would be just too much, first option is more balanced to me.
    Blue line: +2 Mending verse pulses. Also giving +10% damage reduction to fates entwined would work. Or probably my favourite: Rune of Restoration now applies a buff to the fellowship. So it will give some offensive support and make it an alternative to mini/beorn buffs.

Warden
    Red: It was always +3 pulses but nowadays +1 pulse is not gonna change a lot your dps, so I suggest you give the old +25% bleed damage.
    Yellow: I'd say diminished target/marked target mit debuff.
    Blue: This is hard since class need a further rework than a set bonus to make it viable but... I'd put the old +10s Duration on shield tactics stun immunity or +2 healing pulses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Rune keeper
    Red line: Just the usual + 2 pulses.
    Yellow line: Epic Conclusion does not consume Closing Remarks (atm Epic Conclussion is nearly useless, this will make it worth using), or just copy the old sets of +10% proc chance on harsh debate + thunderous words, or maybe 10% proc chance in static surge, but I think that would be just too much, first option is more balanced to me.
    Blue line: +2 Mending verse pulses. Also giving +10% damage reduction to fates entwined would work. Or probably my favourite: Rune of Restoration now applies a buff to the fellowship. So it will give some offensive support and make it an alternative to mini/beorn buffs.
    Yellow Line Abyss set bonus is by far the best one RK currently has, I'd like that again. As for healing, the old Featured instance bonus of 5% extra inc crit from Flurry of Words

Captain.

Healing - A buff to the first tick of Words of Courage. Normally the first tick is low, then it gets high...well higher. This could either be via a direct increase, or large chance to crit. (For captain healing it is really the hot crits alone that approach acceptable amounts of healing.) Or prehaps a CD reduction on WoC while having it dump out X% of the remaining hot when refreshed.

Tanking - Maybe a cooldown on Threatening shout, or an increase to it's AOE size. (It's ranged and hits multiple mobs near to who you cast it on. It's the range in which it hits the surrounding mobs that would be increased not it's initial player-target reach). + healing threat on Gallant display would be cool too. (skill that does dmg and aoe healing)

DPS - +10 duration of Blade Brothers call. Cap dmg building at 10s, but let it run for 20seconds.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 24 2020 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Yellow Line Abyss set bonus is by far the best one RK currently has, I'd like that again. As for healing, the old Featured instance bonus of 5% extra inc crit from Flurry of Words
    I agree with abyss set bonus being the best one, but it has to be raid oriented, -15% mit against lightning will put nearly every enemy with 0 mit to lightning (after rend + ancient craft + warden diminished/marked + other armour debuffs). I'm not entirely sure it would make a difference while in raid to be honest, but it would certainly be a huge buff in 3 man and 6 man.

For healing I've never been a fan of flurry of words, since you have to go melee, it lasts for little time and has an induction, but certainly healing line needs an offensive support boost, that's why I thought of offensive buff by rune of restoration. Maybe they could swap the fates entwined mastery rating into rune of restoration instead and give the +5% crit from FoW (but adding 10s duration to it). That would work just fine to have similar offensive support as other healers.

I agree with abyss set bonus being the best one, but it has to be raid oriented, -15% mit against lightning will put nearly every enemy with 0 mit to lightning (after rend + ancient craft + warden diminished/marked + other armour debuffs). I'm not entirely sure it would make a difference while in raid to be honest, but it would certainly be a huge buff in 3 man and 6 man.
    While you are correct in theory that's not how it's going to be in practice

Basically if ancient craft and rend and percentage based debuffs will put lightning mits to 0 than ancient craft and percentage based debuffs will put every physical and fire mit to 0 even without rend at all

You won't bring a yellow Champ just to support RKs on single target fights
    You won't bring a yellow RK on AoE fights

The amount of time when you have rend as a yellow RK will be quite rare

I'd prefer if there was more lightning and light support from support classes but without that Abyss bonus is better than being disadvantaged in mit bypass

For healing I've never been a fan of flurry of words, since you have to go melee, it lasts for little time and has an induction, but certainly healing line needs an offensive support boost, that's why I thought of offensive buff by rune of restoration. Maybe they could swap the fates entwined mastery rating into rune of restoration instead and give the +5% crit from FoW (but adding 10s duration to it). That would work just fine to have similar offensive support as other healers.
    You haven't thought that through

Flurry works because it's ground targeted and it has a 25/25 cd/duration with a swap stone

Giving a buff to rune does not work at all because the RK healer will always be in the tank group in raids. Healer support has to be ground targeted, enemy targeted or extremely long duration (aka anthems) so that switching groups to renew it makes sense

Group targeted stuff like a buff to rune is useless because we don't care about giving the 2 tanks, the lm, the yellow burg and our cohealer offensive support

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post

You haven't thought that through

Flurry works because it's ground targeted and it has a 25/25 cd/duration with a swap stone

Giving a buff to rune does not work at all because the RK healer will always be in the tank group in raids. Healer support has to be ground targeted, enemy targeted or extremely long duration (aka anthems) so that switching groups to renew it makes sense

Group targeted stuff like a buff to rune is useless because we don't care about giving the 2 tanks, the lm, the yellow burg and our cohealer offensive support
    Yes, I was taking the perspective of a 6 man group since it's the content we have at the moment, I didn't consider the fact that rune + fates entwined is group-only, in that case yeah, flurry set would be better. I didn't remember there was a pre-imbue legacy with flurry of words duration. I should check it again.