We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Fade to Blue?

Fade to Blue?

Hi - I've been playing LOTRo for about a decade now, and I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10
    LOTRo runs on the 32-bit for me (small laptop but has worked perfectly well up to now)

SO - tried to start LOTRo 2 days after the upgrade and 1st 2 screens were fine - normal colour/graphics etc - so logged on and selected World as per normal then everything went BLUE! LOTRo, loading perfectly happily, as well as the desktop around it. Loaded all way to character selection which I could read (white-ish against the various blues) and I could enter LOTRo ... but .... all blue! Turned resolution down, checked my version copy of DirectX, uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing!

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening AND, more to the point, a way of fixing this - am really sad not to be able to play

Jan

Upgrade your graphic card driver.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by JanUzz View Post
    Hi - I've been playing LOTRo for about a decade now, and I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10
    LOTRo runs on the 32-bit for me (small laptop but has worked perfectly well up to now)

SO - tried to start LOTRo 2 days after the upgrade and 1st 2 screens were fine - normal colour/graphics etc - so logged on and selected World as per normal then everything went BLUE! LOTRo, loading perfectly happily, as well as the desktop around it. Loaded all way to character selection which I could read (white-ish against the various blues) and I could enter LOTRo ... but .... all blue! Turned resolution down, checked my version copy of DirectX, uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing!

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening AND, more to the point, a way of fixing this - am really sad not to be able to play

Jan
    Looks like a driver problem.

Or: Maybe lotro starts with your onboard graphic card, please be sure it takes your real one.

I've started seeing something that sounds similar when playing on my old laptop, also windows 10.
    Try this workaround - change the resolution but not in the game, minimise LOTRO and change your resolution in windows settings. For me, just changing it and then reverting back to the native resolution clears this.
    Anyone that knows exactly what this is that would be lovely, I thought it was to do with the age of my graphics card (GeForce GT 335M)

Quote Originally Posted by Jula View Post
    I've started seeing something that sounds similar when playing on my old laptop, also windows 10.
    Try this workaround - change the resolution but not in the game, minimise LOTRO and change your resolution in windows settings. For me, just changing it and then reverting back to the native resolution clears this.
    Anyone that knows exactly what this is that would be lovely, I thought it was to do with the age of my graphics card (GeForce GT 335M)
    Thanks Julia!
    Will give it a try

Fingers crossed!
    Jan