We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Still waiting for fireplace to become a hook

I don't need Draigoch's cute as hell fireplace to be a second fireplace. It's long past time that the fireplace becomes a hook, and all homes come with a basic fireplace. Then I can just replace it with my widdle dwagon

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    I don't need Draigoch's cute as hell fireplace to be a second fireplace. It's long past time that the fireplace becomes a hook, and all homes come with a basic fireplace. Then I can just replace it with my widdle dwagon
    Yes, it will be neat that the still existing default fireplaces become another extra house decoration slots & let us choose what fireplace style to use there.

Also on a slightly related note. I will be really pleased if the devs replace all the indoors default gondorian candles-tands at the premium houses, with thin furniture slots. That way, i can choose what candle-stand style to use there or other thin furniture that i will like to use on that room instead. It will be 12 new decoration slots added to Luzurious house.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 05 2020 at 02:00 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Yes, it will be neat that the still existing default fireplaces become another extra house decoration slots & let us choose what fireplace style to use there.

Also on a slightly related note. I will be really pleased if the devs replace all the indoors default gondorian candles-tands at the premium houses, with thin furniture slots. That way, i can choose what candle-stand style to use there or other thin furniture that i will like to use on that room instead.
    I don't have a premium house but that sounds like a similar thing and I agree. We should be able to replace all the stuff (technical term...) in a house.

Heck, a couple of years ago, they finally not only fixed broken Nanu, they improved his hiding place to make it wonderful. Sometimes they look at housing. Hopefully they'll realize that making the game enjoyable, rather than hard, is a better way to get money from a lot of people.

guys this are just graphics attached to the houses
    adding a hook or 2 is 1 work but what you ask is double the effort!
    i dont care if there is a basic fireplace in daa house if i have fee hook n my draigoch to slot in there!
    just add more hooks that can accept everything and turn thin hooks into small ones, that would solve many decoration probs
    add more outdoor hooks too!
    bring rohan housing as soon as posible!!!
    reveal the location of that new neighborhood!!!
    will it be at Hytbold?? white mountains?? wildermore??
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    guys this are just graphics attached to the houses
    adding a hook or 2 is 1 work but what you ask is double the effort!
    i dont care if there is a basic fireplace in daa house if i have fee hook n my draigoch to slot in there!
    just add more hooks that can accept everything and turn thin hooks into small ones, that would solve many decoration probs
    add more outdoor hooks too!
    bring rohan housing as soon as posible!!!
    reveal the location of that new neighborhood!!!
    will it be at Hytbold?? white mountains?? wildermore??

Double the effort? Nope. Removing a graphic and adding a slot isn't double. More importantly, some of us don't spend real world money on the horrendous zones of recent years, but have spent money for housing toys. They're leaving money on the table.

Then you talk about "double" and want a new neighborhood? That's a tad more to do, especially with the game losing players instead of gaining them.

Double the effort? Nope. Removing a graphic and adding a slot isn't double. More importantly, some of us don't spend real world money on the horrendous zones of recent years, but have spent money for housing toys. They're leaving money on the table.

Then you talk about "double" and want a new neighborhood? That's a tad more to do, especially with the game losing players instead of gaining them.
    creating a new neighborhood is something completely different and will bring back some old players why do you have a prob on this?
    i know by heart that devs has shown many times in all these years they dont want to invest time into housing anyway
    i m not saying removing useless graphs is bad but i prefer to invest their time in creating something new!
    and removing thin, useless, hooks, replacing them with small furniture is something lot better than what you suggest.
    i m totally ok if they can do both jobs and adding more neighborhoods! the 4 old ones are here 12 years and since the game have moved new are needed long ago!
    they should had added lothlorien housing instance at lvl 70, rohan housing at lvl 85 and gondor, not the anfalas grotesque cape,
    but something more plain like the vilages in blackroot vale,at lvl 100-105, and ofc at dale land at lvl 120! the house skins are already created!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

creating a new neighborhood is something completely different and will bring back some old players why do you have a prob on this?
    i know by heart that devs has shown many times in all these years they dont want to invest time into housing anyway
    i m not saying removing useless graphs is bad but i prefer to invest their time in creating something new!
    and removing thin, useless, hooks, replacing them with small furniture is something lot better than what you suggest.
    i m totally ok if they can do both jobs and adding more neighborhoods! the 4 old ones are here 12 years and since the game have moved new are needed long ago!
    they should had added lothlorien housing instance at lvl 70, rohan housing at lvl 85 and gondor, not the anfalas grotesque cape,
    but something more plain like the vilages in blackroot vale,at lvl 100-105, and ofc at dale land at lvl 120! the house skins are already created!
    No, it won't bring back old players. Housing is fun, but content is necessary to do that. Making current housing more enjoyable is a start, but without a change in the development style for landscape and instances, focusing on more people paying a bit rather than a few paying a lot, by making the game fun rather than a grind, you're not going to get the old players back.

I'm in a housing neighborhood that used to be pretty full, and now it's almost completely empty other than kin houses. That doesn't show a demand for more housing.

No, it won't bring back old players. Housing is fun, but content is necessary to do that. Making current housing more enjoyable is a start, but without a change in the development style for landscape and instances, focusing on more people paying a bit rather than a few paying a lot, by making the game fun rather than a grind, you're not going to get the old players back.

I'm in a housing neighborhood that used to be pretty full, and now it's almost completely empty other than kin houses. That doesn't show a demand for more housing.
    so does any neighborhood....... its not only yours!
    but as far as i know neww people are coming in!
    and some old too! 3 old players returned to my kin the 2 of them are since beta
    and i know of new people want to get in the game
    as a kin we used to have a neighborhood of our own,
    but since people quite playing we have losted many of the houses in our neighborhood,
    we already talking about quiting the hood and buy a new one in the areas about to release.........
    so concluding........ something new ALWAYS bring people back, and the news of it bringing new players!
    making the housing more enjoyable is good enough for the current palyer base only! the new people are interested in new things!
    they will start asking after a time but ofc i agree that changes need to be done in the current system, since years ago!
    i agree that the grind is terrible but not for an old player, assuming how old he/she is.........
    my mates were 105 when the had to quite, their LIs were maxed out at that time and with the help of the rest of the kin will be top in less than a month!
    for a new starting player....... its a mountain he needs to climp...... only a helpfull kin make do the trick and keep him in the game!
    i dont ever believe the company will reduse the grind............ i dont believe in LIs revamp will ever happen........

Exclamation

guys this are just graphics attached to the houses adding a hook or 2 is 1 work but what you ask is double the effort! i dont care if there is a basic fireplace in daa house if i have fee hook n my draigoch to slot in there! just add more hooks that can accept everything and turn thin hooks into small ones, that would solve many decoration probs add more outdoor hooks too! bring rohan housing as soon as posible!!! reveal the location of that new neighborhood!!! will it be at Hytbold?? white mountains?? wildermore??
    It will be a work that pay the devs actual $$$ as many players enjoy decorating their LOTRO house & are already paying to get it done.

Also the high volume of threads & replies, related to housing prove that many players are interested on that theme.

SSG also track how often the items sale, they can tell that housing is making money & that is why they added a lot of housing related improvements lastly.

On my part, i support any suggestion that allow players to use more customization in game. After all, anything that is appearance, will not hurt neither improve anyhow the combat, but allow the game to be more prettier & enjoyable. Live & let live!

Well, I want change the doors and windows too. And don't need to be new hooks, just make 2 new options in the "Floor/Wall/Music Panel" where we can slot doors and windows styles.

Sometime ago I tought we couldn't change the fireplaces because the ambient light that the fixed fireplace emit. But now we have itens that emit light (like the Bilbo’s Recommended Reading), so it's possible change - although they need redo the house's light, maybe trouble enough to not do.

And I would like a basement with external entry, but this is for another topic
    - Landroval
    scharf | celegurth | hadordelu | istadelw | laerorthadan | gelluist | ristatin

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo.scharf View Post
    Well, I want change the doors and windows too. And don't need to be new hooks, just make 2 new options in the "Floor/Wall/Music Panel" where we can slot doors and windows styles.

Sometime ago I tought we couldn't change the fireplaces because the ambient light that the fixed fireplace emit. But now we have itens that emit light (like the Bilbo’s Recommended Reading), so it's possible change - although they need redo the house's light, maybe trouble enough to not do.

And I would like a basement with external entry, but this is for another topic
    It will be lovely if we could change the windows to a wide variety of styles. I will open a new thread about this as it is a different theme & requires several points of discussion. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...30#post7989330
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 04 2020 at 10:31 AM.