We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange latency increase when crafting

I'm just doing some crafting, processing metal ingots, and it seems to be very laggy. Looking at the connection meter my latency is going from around 110ms when I'm just idle to around 500ms when processing ingots. Not noticed anything like this before.

I noted a heavy crafting latency jump when they implemented auto-sourcing from carry-alls. It feels like on each crafting, when processing material subtraction, server queries some external data source, as opposed to manipulating variables in immediate memory. Even if you don't have any carry-alls.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    I noted a heavy crafting latency jump when they implemented auto-sourcing from carry-alls. It feels like on each crafting, when processing material subtraction, server queries some external data source, as opposed to manipulating variables in immediate memory. Even if you don't have any carry-alls.
    I've noticed that as well... a lag spike right when something is created while crafting. At certain times it's just a minor hiccup and at other times it can be a half second or longer lag spike.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Just trying to think if I've done any crafting since the auto-source thing. Pretty sure I have and haven't noticed delays like today.

Anyway, if that's what's causing it they need to train up the message hamster to Usain Bolt levels.

I see a lot of lag when I am crafting. Everything freezes for 1-2 seconds when an item was done. I never saw these kind of issues in crafting in 13 years of playing. I think there is something wrong on SSG's side.

I suggest an experiment for those who got craft carry-alls
    1. Make say, 20 ingots from skarn when ALL your skarn is in your inventory.
    2. Put some skarn into carry-all but leave at least 40 in inventory. Make 20 ingots.
    3. Finally, put all your skarn into carry-all. Make 20 ingots.
    Time all 3 stages.

Closing the craft window as a stack runs has helped some. But yeah, has been atrocious last few weeks.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Lightbulb

Yes there have been increased lag lately, espcially noticable after Minas Morgul, VERY noticable.

As for crafting lag, one think I have noticed increasing the dealy when moving items from bag to bag or crafting and it deducts materials and creates new items etc, is if You have plug-ins like TitanBar. It seems it creates a small freeze as it too has to register any item removed as well as new items added to inventory to it's data lists. It does not account for the increased lag in genereal as I used TitanBar before all this too, but it does add a small part of it and always have. Especially if You have the TitanBar bag, shared vault, or vault inventory menues etc open while doing it. On one of our old PC's it could even make the PC freeze for a long time, so it was important to at least have those menues closed while moving things from vaults to bags etc, or while crafting. On our current newer PC's that delay is not as noticeable, but still present to some small extent.

As for the very noticeable increase in freezes and lag, skill delays, sending mails with attached items etc, it can not be blamed on plug-ins however and seems to be server side. Something with the server infrastructure or code.

I was crafting last night and it was terrible. No plug ins, and every item crafted caused a big pause.
    Crickhollow server: Argwerael (LM 100), Leofcwyn (Champ 86), Pearblossom (Mini 77), Gwilithil (Hunter 58), Hrorgrim (craft alt 40), Verdani (Beorning, 40), Mapleblossom (Burg 30), Esgalnoril (RK 27)

Ooooh. I thought it was something wrong with my computer.

About two weeks ago I began advancing a second Crafting Guild on 4 characters. Every day I log in just to make Guild thingys. I do not use plugins and do not own a Crafting Bag but now get a huge delay every time something gets made. Using a Crafting Scroll also causes a big delay.

I also notice a delay most times a sound plays for the first time during a play session.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

I recently used a "crafting time boost" item and made A LOT of items in just one minute. The game dropped down to 2 FPS and was stuttering for many minutes. The boost was almost useless because I had to wait 5+ minutes until the server recognized all the items I just made. For that time the game was almost unplayable. I always thought that my client would crash but it didn't.

I think it has something to do with the crafting carry-alls and the release of minas morgul. Since release there are huge lag spikes.

I had this exact same thing happen to me last night during a big cooking crafting session. Anyway, one small thing that occurred which was favorable revolved around the Rapid Crafting Boost where it cuts down your crafting time per piece. This is supposed to be a 1 minute boost, but the lag on my crafting was so bad that the rapid craft stayed on for the full stack of crafting which far exceeded the one minute run time. I had bought 3 boosts to burn through this one huge stack I was doing. The one single boost just stayed on for the full 3 minutes. So that was cool..... even if I couldn't actually see any of the action due to the terrible lag.
    Inter faex et urina nascitur sumus

Its not related to carry-alls in my own experience, it existed previous to Minas Morgul, from Mordor release time maybe... but its worst and worst with passing time.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

I suspect it is the crafting window. Having it open and walking around a crafting hall causes long client hiccups for me, just from the window updating if I am near the right facilities or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmith View Post
    I suspect it is the crafting window. Having it open and walking around a crafting hall causes long client hiccups for me, just from the window updating if I am near the right facilities or not.
    Nope, I close the crafting window, but crafting stacks of items causes at least a half second pause at each item created.
    Crickhollow server: Argwerael (LM 100), Leofcwyn (Champ 86), Pearblossom (Mini 77), Gwilithil (Hunter 58), Hrorgrim (craft alt 40), Verdani (Beorning, 40), Mapleblossom (Burg 30), Esgalnoril (RK 27)

Quote Originally Posted by algonacy View Post
    I had this exact same thing happen to me last night during a big cooking crafting session. Anyway, one small thing that occurred which was favorable revolved around the Rapid Crafting Boost where it cuts down your crafting time per piece. This is supposed to be a 1 minute boost, but the lag on my crafting was so bad that the rapid craft stayed on for the full stack of crafting which far exceeded the one minute run time. I had bought 3 boosts to burn through this one huge stack I was doing. The one single boost just stayed on for the full 3 minutes. So that was cool..... even if I couldn't actually see any of the action due to the terrible lag.
    Yes, exact the same issue I described. The boosts are worthless at the moment so they should not be in store until this issue is fixed.

These lag spikes when crafting have been around a while (since Iron hills or maybe a bit before) but they are much, much worse since Minas Morgul. As are hand ins at task boards, moving items in and out of vault and accepting/handing in quests at NPCs.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Yes, exact the same issue I described. The boosts are worthless at the moment so they should not be in store until this issue is fixed.
    I used some too, and i also had the experience, that the game does extremely lagging while crafting.
    If i start a batch of for example melt 100 ingots from skarn, there's nothing i can do while this time - even not interrupt the process as usual by moving or jumping.

I just tested and on my character with a carry-all, regardless of whether auto-loot is enabled or not, there's a 1-3 second lag spike (frozen graphics, no activity) at the end of each recipe. On a character without a carry-all, there's about a 1/4 to 1/2 second moment of lag at the end of each recipe. These tests were done in a kinship house. The carry-all is causing more lag for sure.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

I did some tests as well. Prospector didn't have this specific type of lag, but weaponsmith on the same toon did. Didn't matter whether he crafted from and into the carry-all or from and into bags, with the carry-all safely in the vault.
    Verified on an explorer. Same thing: forester no issue, tailor that one second hiccup at the completion of each item.

Not sure if this issue actually slows down your crafting. The toon next to me didn't show those hiccups but we kept reasonably in sync, so maybe it is just a (quite annoying) cosmetic issue.
    Last edited by OghranNasty; Jan 20 2020 at 12:07 PM.

Just opening the craft panel is taking my old rig 4 seconds. Close it and again 4 secs to open. Don't even have a carry-all yet it seems to go through extra processes unnecessarily in opening it. Does no one check the impact of what Marketing shoves into the game? You have to stop hacking at the code, please.

Edit: This whilst selecting a recipe in the panel. If no specific craft is selected it opens immediately. With so many functions running unnecessarily it's no wonder the performance gets worse and worse each patch.
    Last edited by Braer; Jan 21 2020 at 03:19 AM.

We need an official statement here that SSG will look into that. At the moment crafting is very annoying because the game almost freezes with every item which was made.

Me come an addition in mind: when the crafting Panel is open and i move around and reach or leave the crafting area (when it shows, for example, workbench is red/green) there`s also an lag of 2-3 seconds.

Here's a fun test to do.

Get on a Warsteed in a big open space and set your steed in motion. then open the crafting panel on a recipe and keep hitting the "T" key to open and close it. You don't get your game back until it's run every "open" script...

I just typed a wrong number how many of a certain crafting item I wanted to make. Something like 25 was the number I wanted to make but accidently typed 35 - and hit the "make" button.
    I realised my mistake after having crafted about 2 items. There was no way to stop the crafting process. The lag was so bad, although I kept hitting "move forward", "move backward", "jump" the whole time, I could only watch my materials disappear one after the other until they were all gone.

I had the crafting panel open, the vendor shop window and my bags with a carry-all, the latter one was closed. Hitting repeatedly "escape" also didn't close them during the crafting process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast