We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 98
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    161
    It is hard to say why some ppl claim to have no lag at all, since you could reasonable assume the lag is universal and affects all. However, I can think 2 reasons why this could possibly be:

    1) They play west coast evenings. In europe its early morning and in east coast its very late night. This is actually the best time to be online.

    2) They play mostly solo and in areas that are low populated, and thus the server time demands are minimal, since there is no need to calculate or send information about other players and their doings to your client. Or the full or partial combination of these two.

    I doubt the lag experienced has nothing to do with the name of the server youre on, since I dont think ssg datacenter has a physical machine that is labeled Arkenstone, another labeled Laurelin and so on...

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    I was playing last night on Evernight....it was ridiculous i do the spell and 3 seconds later it hit the mob, but i have a feeling that SSG does not give a flying #### about it....such a shame, this game had so much potential if only it had a good company behind it. I mean seriously this game was doomed from the start....Codemasters and Turbine and now SSG.....that #### just had to fail.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_EU View Post
    It is hard to say why some ppl claim to have no lag at all, since you could reasonable assume the lag is universal and affects all. However, I can think 2 reasons why this could possibly be:

    1) They play west coast evenings. In europe its early morning and in east coast its very late night. This is actually the best time to be online.

    2) They play mostly solo and in areas that are low populated, and thus the server time demands are minimal, since there is no need to calculate or send information about other players and their doings to your client. Or the full or partial combination of these two.

    I doubt the lag experienced has nothing to do with the name of the server youre on, since I dont think ssg datacenter has a physical machine that is labeled Arkenstone, another labeled Laurelin and so on...
    Time of day may have something to do with it, but I have played solo in relatively unpopulated areas and the skill lag often remains.

    I have to believe SSG have looked into this at some point. As others have mentioned, it is something we have lived with for a long time. War-steeds in particular highlighted the movement issues when Rohan came out.

  4. #54

    Angry

    Evernight/EU here.

    Crafting lag has become a lot worse after the last expansion and the introduction of crafting carry-alls, to the point where the game becomes not only unplayable, but also inaccessible due to freezing and stuttering when crafting.

    I usually tell my kin that I am going /afk when crafting, as I wont be able to respond to them in chat let alone move about, when the process starts.

    Currently crafting turns this game into a "slide show" with no option to interact...
    Last edited by Rihwen; Jan 19 2020 at 08:20 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,563

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Time of day may have something to do with it, but I have played solo in relatively unpopulated areas and the skill lag often remains.

    I have to believe SSG have looked into this at some point. As others have mentioned, it is something we have lived with for a long time. War-steeds in particular highlighted the movement issues when Rohan came out.
    Although this is much worse now. It is delays on even sending mails, if You are to recieve or send a mail with say 5 items attached then want to claim the items, You can sit and wait and see one object after another end up in bag until mail finally done, when the "lag" server delay is really bad at times. This is nothing like the War-steed sliding. This is something else and affects alot more in the game atm. Especially bad when reactive skills don't go off in time and then are greyed out and You can't use them when needed. It started shortly before Minas Morgul, I think around the time that SSG decided to update their data base system (related or an unrelated coincident I have no idea) and got increasingly worse or more noticable after Minas Morgul release. Been there ever since.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    I wonder if they are just milking for extra money until new lotr mmo come out and then shut the whole thing down? From creators of warframe i am expecting new lotr to be really good, warframe has one of best and 100% p2w proof systems in any mmo i played, unlike what we have here.....just no comment.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,563

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    I wonder if they are just milking for extra money until new lotr mmo come out and then shut the whole thing down? From creators of warframe i am expecting new lotr to be really good, warframe has one of best and 100% p2w proof systems in any mmo i played, unlike what we have here.....just no comment.
    Unfortionetly WarFrame is more like a hub based game and everyting else is like instanced. Not at all the feel of a huge open world. If they go down that route I have very little interest in it. I also don't agree with basically making all cosmetics store items that some games do. That removes alot of incentive for many people to play. Not all play to only get the latest best stats on gear, but also the look of it, to roleplay etc. We all have various incentives to acctually play. If some things becomes more or less store only, then no reason to play to aquire them. That goes for cosmetics, mounts, as well as gear with stats and other things.

    If they however move away from hubs only and instanced missions, to a more open living world and NOT make most cosmetics store only, then I might give it a try. However all this is way off topic. I only replied on it as You brought it up.

    I do agree that with things like not fixing this new increased lag (mostly server side it seems), as well as monetizing things to death (also beside the topic of this thread) SSG might be digging their own grave long-term for the sake of short-term profits. Making themselves more vulnearable for other new games to lure people away. LoTRO not a healthy game atm and not as fun to play for many, as it once was as a result of all this. This new increased lag or performance issue is ruining alot.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    47
    When I read comments that deny the lag, hitching and skill delays I imagine that they aren't doing what the rest of us are doing. When I load into MT I'm wanting to get to my objective straight away, stable master or barter guy. For kicks I'll mount a war-steed and take a crazy ride up the levels like I'm on a wild barely controllable horse. If I went away and brewed some coffee as I ported into MT and got on a goat to ride around I'd see a very different experience.

    I'd figure that they don't group up and in comms with others from around the world who all get hit at the same time. Maybe their war-steed riding is a series of straight lines and stopping before turning, never using the mouse to turn. Maybe the high latency players don't see such an obvious difference as it's the other players around them being throttled down to their speeds.

    It's generally the post Rohan areas that are the worst so Legendary servers won't be so affected. But get online at a quiet time of day and the problems are much lessened, except when your are the first to enter an area and the "server" has to wake up.

    The new option to show inductions, although useful, just shows that the game is tracking what everyone else in the area is doing, whether it effects you or not. Whether you have the option selected or not.

    Are we "best" served all connecting to New Jersey? Easier to deny than fix anything. Building a Persistent world or a series of snapshots of one?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Unfortionetly WarFrame is more like a hub based game and everyting else is like instanced. Not at all the feel of a huge open world. If they go down that route I have very little interest in it. I also don't agree with basically making all cosmetics store items that some games do. That removes alot of incentive for many people to play. Not all play to only get the latest best stats on gear, but also the look of it, to roleplay etc. We all have various incentives to acctually play. If some things becomes more or less store only, then no reason to play to aquire them. That goes for cosmetics, mounts, as well as gear with stats and other things.

    If they however move away from hubs only and instanced missions, to a more open living world and NOT make most cosmetics store only, then I might give it a try. However all this is way off topic. I only replied on it as You brought it up.

    I do agree that with things like not fixing this new increased lag (mostly server side it seems), as well as monetizing things to death (also beside the topic of this thread) SSG might be digging their own grave long-term for the sake of short-term profits. Making themselves more vulnearable for other new games to lure people away. LoTRO not a healthy game atm and not as fun to play for many, as it once was as a result of all this. This new increased lag or performance issue is ruining alot.
    I dont think that new lotr mmo will be hub based like warframe and i only mentioned because it looks like ssg is not fixing anything atm and i was wondering if they are maybe milking cash before they shut it down. I really love lotro and i wish some better company bought it so we could enjoy for many many more years.....but sadly the game in this state is ridiculous....not even playable with all this lag spikes.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    I wonder if they are just milking for extra money until new lotr mmo come out and then shut the whole thing down? From creators of warframe i am expecting new lotr to be really good, warframe has one of best and 100% p2w proof systems in any mmo i played, unlike what we have here.....just no comment.
    The new lotr game (I'm not even sure how much of an MMO it will be, we really know nothing about it at this point) is not, as far as I know, being made by digital Extremes. The partnership was with Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited and DE is one of their subsidiaries. Unless I missed more detail on that, I think the mention of Warframe is more because it is one of the better known and popular games related to that holding company than it is because the DE devs have any part in it.

    I also doubt SSG is just playing LOTRO out until the new game comes along for them to be able to shut down, but I do fear they have dug themselves into a tech problems hole they may not be able to get out of at this point. I am hoping for a producer's letter that will, at least in part, acknowledge and address the performance issues.

  11. #61

    even this website is laggy

    I doubt my machine is having a hard time rendering this site....
    Whatever, this goes back to the simplicity of the lack of ssg structure. Tuesdays are bounce days, which never happen all the time. It may not happen because they decide to do a patch on the thursday, and give you no notice that you can now play on Tuesday. Last week they did it on a wednesday...wow.
    Bottom line is they dont know what they are doing, no ones in charge and they probably dont care. So just live with it or go home.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I do agree that with things like not fixing this new increased lag (mostly server side it seems), as well as monetizing things to death (also beside the topic of this thread) SSG might be digging their own grave long-term for the sake of short-term profits. Making themselves more vulnerable for other new games to lure people away. LoTRO not a healthy game atm and not as fun to play for many, as it once was as a result of all this. This new increased lag or performance issue is ruining alot.



    I always found it odd that in the highest traffic times (holidays and weekends) no one is at the helm.


    Today for example, my newish, updated computer and brand spanking new fiber connection took more than 30 seconds for the logged on page to load for this post. 30 seconds is near hours considering I live within 100 miles of the biggest internet pipe on the east coast, connected to a less than year old regional fiber network installed from the ground up just within this last year. I can go to the providers website and see if there are problems for any and all of its users. Today (nor have there been) there are no bottlenecks in this providers network and still, I'll likely spend 1,000 times longer to set this post to this thread, than doing other things in other places.


    The game: All I got is a huge LoL. I would have shut this game down years ago (2010 to be precise) to reboot it fully rebuilt for today's gaming needs.




    Edit: Yep, 25 seconds just to preview my post before submitting.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    The new lotr game (I'm not even sure how much of an MMO it will be, we really know nothing about it at this point) is not, as far as I know, being made by digital Extremes. The partnership was with Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited and DE is one of their subsidiaries. Unless I missed more detail on that, I think the mention of Warframe is more because it is one of the better known and popular games related to that holding company than it is because the DE devs have any part in it.

    I also doubt SSG is just playing LOTRO out until the new game comes along for them to be able to shut down, but I do fear they have dug themselves into a tech problems hole they may not be able to get out of at this point. I am hoping for a producer's letter that will, at least in part, acknowledge and address the performance issues.
    All i wanted to say is when new lotr mmo come out (and ofc if it is good) do you think players will stay with this broken ####? I dont think so, as i said it is really sad that lotro is turning out like this.....i like the game a lot but in 2020 playing with high latency and lagging like #### is not something that i want to do.

  14. #64
    I have been getting lag/delay for a few months now. Never had an issue before. The forums take minutes to load, 5 minutes for me to log in and open this thread to post a reply. Almost constantly have the reduced awareness alert while in game. Before it would occasionally be on a weekend during peak times, now it is daily and doesn't matter the time of day. The end result, a reduced game play alert.

    I do have a request though trying to play through this lag. Please move the Blazon of The Last Alliance in Echad Uial away from the ranger Ereblen. It is very annoying trying to get quests from him then a spike hits and all of the sudden you are loading in Adambel. At the very least put a yes/no message on the use of the Blazons.
    This is Cyan.
    This is Teal.
    Learn your colors people.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Tower Hills
    Posts
    773
    I played attack at dawn today. Half the time I couldn't click on anything due to lag. LM spells take so long we're 3 actions down the road before they take effect. Oddly 2nd age landscape was reasonable except for riding warsteed which is wayyyy too fast for the game.

    ps. Is your forum actually a 14.4 modem emulator? If so Kudos on the authenticity!

  16. #66
    Didn't expect three pages of replies, and yet again not one single response by SSG. Not even a "We are aware and working on it" - Nada, nothing. Absolutely disrespectful towards your paying customers.

    Forum's been a mess, too for years now.

    Just like I stated in the OP - shut the game down for good and be done with it.

    Honestly, this is already a "Maintenance Mode" kind of state we're in right now. Broken and not fully delivered content, lags that prevent gaming, forums that won't load ...

    How can you guys @SSG actually sit back and just be silent about all these problems? Don't you feel ashamed? Absolutely unprofessional behavior.

    I wouldn't spend a dime anymore in this game guys, safe your money and let this bs die ...
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    I wanted to subscribe when i started playing again few days ago, but i had some issues with my band and was waiting for them to sort it out.....i was lucky, otherwise i would have wasted money...

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    585
    At the moment lag is terrible had to log out.Even forums are in very bad condition since this evening.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

  19. #69
    Ever since one of the latest patches, you are shown what you are using each time you execute a crafting recipe.

    Since then, I have had extraordinary amounts of lag while crafting.
    My computer would literally freeze for about 10 seconds before anything could ever be made.

    I even have tremendous amounts of lag spikes while out questing, and skill delay is atrocious.
    What makes it worse is that the mobs are not affected by the lag and you sometimes die when you unfreeze, depending where you are.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    Yeah okay i give up, i will come back when they fix this ####, until then i will play games that actually work >.< ffs

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,973

    A lag spike and then some

    Busy riding along the Pelennor fields to hand in a quest and the game logged me out. Not a crash to desktop or a disconnect, just a plain log out back to the log in screen. So, I logged back in and found myself about 7 quests back. I redid them, but man, what a lag spike.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    And this is not working correctly either. Several times since th last server restart I've observed the alleged anti-exploit question marks above a mob head when I'm right in front of it - 19m to 26m - on level ground. Last night I even got the UI pop-up when the mob was right there in front of me.

    On another note, that is perhaps related to this, on Brandywine at Kheledul collecting storage boxes when a multi-boxer came through dragging three alts. Intent on my quests I didn't realize until turning the quest in that the multi-boxer, level 14 (I had clicked on the leader always do to see if it's a high level deeding), was shooting the mobs from non-warsteeds in a non-mount-battle zone.

    I was stunned to realize that, but it was too late and I didn't think to screenshot it.
    I get that exploit issue regularly with a particular Drake in the Entwash Vale daily. I can be standing merged with the Drake and still be unable to hit it for several seconds. I mean it is on a nasty corner, so you are in melee range before you can shoot at it anyway.

  23. #73

    Yes lag is terrible

    Lag is terrible on peak times its hard to play at all. I dont know where those ppl play that dont expereriance lag but i honestly think they are lieing. Toe empty a postmessage with attachments it takes aup to 5 seconds. I play on high end connections on different places and i expericance the same lag on every computer at different locations. Maybe the ointernational connection is bad but since so many ppl complain about it i doubt that. And YES its getting worse, since i play from day 1 and it never was as bad a s now.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Lag has always been part of the game. If you object to this type of fun, you're not a true Tolkien fan.
    While I agree with the first sentence (definitely not with the second), since a couple of months it is a lot worse than we are used to. At times it is so bad that the game is hardly playable. It makes me think of the first weeks of the Minas Tirith update, which almost made me quit the game.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    While I agree with the first sentence (definitely not with the second), since a couple of months it is a lot worse than we are used to. At times it is so bad that the game is hardly playable. It makes me think of the first weeks of the Minas Tirith update, which almost made me quit the game.
    I hope today's update fixes some of that. Makes me wonder what the point of the 64 bit client was, if the game is at its worst.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload