We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bugs, Thoughts & Suggestions

Incoming long qq post about things that are broken and need to be fixed, things that have been overlooked etc.

Enjoy, feel free to add if I’ve missed anything – I don’t want to talk too much about classes / class balance, considering there are already countless threads that do that, this is more about focusing on the individual systems that are present in the game that need bringing up to date.

A dev / blue name response would be greatly welcomed.

Ratings and Numbers;

After the recent update this Thursday 09/01 (Update 25.2), rating values for several classes and skills increased, to what I assume should have been their Level 130 values already. However, several skills that interact directly with traits or your trait line have not been scaled, two examples are as follows;

Ancient Craft for a yellow line lore-master when having “Enfeeble” traited should make the initial ancient craft much stronger for 10 seconds followed by a slightly weaker version for the remaining 35 seconds. At present this is not the case, either the values are the wrong way around, or someone forgot to scale the yellow line aspect of this skill (Which seems like the logical approach when compared to other skills / classes who are experiencing similar issues).

Yellow line Captains are also experiencing a similar issue with their Defensive Strike buff from Sure Strike (This skill is also bugged, giving physical mitigation rather than Armour value as the skill says), the skill is still displaying the same value as it was pre-update 25.2. I assume this amongst other traitline-based ratings on skills have been overlooked? The value is 20.5k Physical Mit (despite the skill saying armour) without the legacy, and 30.3k Physical Mit (again, despite the skill saying armour) with the legacy. Ideally I'd like to see this buff pushed up to 50k ARMOUR VALUE.

Picture below for reference;

--

Experience Gain / Virtue XP System;

Legendary Servers have “Story Mode” active on those servers, is it possible for this to be made into an item for purchase on the normal servers for those of us who hate levelling up so fast and enjoy certain quest areas but feel we must move on because we have out-levelled it so quick? I understand the stone of the tortoise basically achieves this by halting all experience gain, but the reason why I am asking for an XP reducing item will relate to my next point.

Something needs to be altered within the new Virtue system to allow people not to waste VXP on virtues they DO NOT want to be levelled up before achieving the max rank in their slotted virtues. Currently on my level 61 Guardian, I am racing against myself to level up so that I don’t lose Virtue XP on virtues I do not want or will never use (even more so because I am doing my best to complete landscape / slayer / instance deeds as I go) – I understand this is an issue on the Legendary servers and has been brought up before. This shouldn’t be the case – under the old system if we completed a deed that gave us a virtue that was already at cap it went into the overflow for that virtue, and when the cap was raised our virtues reflected that – we need a similar system for Virtue XP. I am not suggesting that you allow us to store VXP beyond the current Cap of 65, but please allow us to store VXP for virtues up to that point, even if our Character is not at that level.

Suggestion: Make all deeds reward a Virtue XP granting item rather than having the virtue XP auto-bestowed, that way players can use the VXP as and when they need it without fear of losing VXP into an unwanted or unused Virtue (These items SHOULD be bound to character).

--

Barter / Landscape Currency;

Sigils of Imlad Ithil; you obviously capped this currency and made it account-wide for a reason – give us more options to use it. Most importantly allow us to trade Anfalas scrolls of Empowerment / Anfalas Star-Lit Crystals with the currency; as a suggestion… 100 Sigils : 1 Empowerment / 250 Sigils : 1 Star-Lit Crystal, considering most people are sitting on 999 Sigils with absolutely nothing to use them on. Especially people who have multiple characters.

--

War-Steeds;

Probably something that isn’t so important (And I’m aware the community has a love/hate relationship with them), but the Morale pools on War-Steeds desperately need looking into, they’re the fastest mode of transportation across Landscape, and you are basically dismounted in two attacks from NPCs at Level 130, I’m not suggesting to give them insane amounts of Morale, but they need to be sturdier! At this point, I mostly just use a normal horse because at least they are more durable, and I am not constantly dismounted.

--

Scaling Instances;

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse with this… I’ve posted about it countless times, as have other people, but it’s something that really irks me – we have a massive wealth of instances in this game, more importantly, we have a massive wealth of instances that can be played at Level 130 – but there is literally no reason to play the majority of these instances (outside of Featured Instance runs). The loot is sub-par and generic, and the scaling is laughable at best. Please do something to make scaling instances more worthwhile, give them higher item level loot, more importantly give them their own unique loot. It doesn’t seem right to have 49 instances (not including Skirmishes) that can be played at 130 and we are restricted to a handful. In my opinion, all gear from scaling instances played at level 130 should be item level 400 as a minimum (as the 399-400 divide is where we see the stat jump that makes the gear worthwhile but going beyond that would just relegate current gear drops from the new instances).

Suggestion: Re-implement the unique loot tables from the Level 85 cap for all scaling instances (Ignoring the golden class items, considering that is a hot topic of debate that I am not here to have), and just make them item level 400. Increase the Morale & Damage of Tier 1 scaling instances by 25% and of Tier 2 scaling instances by 50%. It would go a long way to solve A LOT of issues surrounding scaling instances. With the Legendary Servers on their way to 85 anyway, this seems like the ideal moment to do this!

On that same note, the Osgiliath and Pelennor clusters have been without their main staple loot for some time now, with a promise in an earlier patch that the gear would return / be fixed. I understand that with the new expansion and new instances you want people to play the new content – and arguably the gear rewards from these two clusters would have been better than what we can acquire in the new Minas Morgul instances. That being said, please return the gear drops that were removed from these instances, an easy fix here would be to simply reduce the number of essence slots the gear has = armour essence slots reduced from 4 to 3, and jewellery essence slots reduced from 3 to 2, doing so would avoid relegating the gear completely, but doesn’t leave it as overpowered as it was previously.

--

Skirmishes;

With the new annual Skirmish Event on its way in little over a month, now would be a good time to look at Skirmishes, even just briefly, you will notice that all unique gear dropping from Skirmish Raids is still level 105 in nature, please can this be adjusted to Level 130 with a minimum item level of 400 before the Skirmish Event makes it to live?

--

Minstrel – Song of Aid and Call to Greatness;

Some aspects of these skills are outdated, see pictures below for more information.

Call to Greatness;

Runekeeper: -10% power cost and steady hands recovers in 5 seconds.

Not only can I not remember the last time I had power problems on any class, this skill was made for a time when a Runekeeper would jump between Healing and Damage (pre-trait trees), and as such steady hands was an often used skill especially whilst soloing. This is no longer the case and this buff is worthless to this class.

Song of Aid;

Champion: Gain an enemy defeat response.

The above has not been relevant since the introduction of trait trees.

Runekeeper: Scribes Spark and Prelude to Hope have decreased cooldowns.

I didn’t realise that skills that have a 3 second cooldown needed to have an even further decreased cooldown. Furthermore Scribes Spark is an absolutely useless skill and not even on my own skillbar (of which I am sure most Runekeepers would agree).

Warden: Shield Piercer has a reduced cooldown.

Again, a completely useless skill – more so especially because the skill itself reduces the targets block rating, if this was all avoidances OR just parry & evade, the skill would be much more useful.

(If others have more to add, please feel free).

--

Racials;

Elf;

Power of the Eldar; Again, as pointed out above, power consumption / power issues are very much an issue of the past, and therefore a racial skill that provides +5% maximum power is out dated. Especially when this is contrasted to +5% maximum morale that the Race of Man can give.

Man;

Strength of Morale; This has been brought up numerous times on the forums over the years, but with our stats / morale reaching the numbers they have, a 4-6k morale heal on a 10 minute cooldown is absolutely redundant. This should be a % based heal, and at least 50%, which would mirror the survivability skills provided by other races.

Hobbit;

Hobbit-Resilience; This was designed for a time in the game where hope/dread was a debilitating factor and acquiring hope was much more difficult, therefore adding +2 hope (especially when this bonus doesn’t stack with other sources), again, is redundant.

High-Elf;

Wrath of the Firstborn; +5% damage for 10 seconds, the buff is too weak and doesn’t last long enough for it to be impactful, either one needs to be increased – a higher damage buff, or increased duration.

--

Stat Tomes;

I am not really a fan of P2win, and I’m sure plenty of people will find contention with this but, for a long period of the game, stat tomes were useful, and they were a good long-term investment on your main character. Since the massive stat hike at 120 and the reduction in main stat : mastery contribution, stat tomes have become almost, if not, completely meaningless. I’m not asking for them to be ridiculously high numbers, but they should at least make some kind of worthwhile contribution – 2k – 2.5k main stat / 2k – 2.5k vitality would be acceptable up from the 560 it currently sits on.

--

EDIT: Instance Locks;

Yet another dead horse, but... Daily locks or more favoured completions each week for T3/4/5 please, nothing else needs to be said.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Jan 15 2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Hobbit;

Hobbit-Resilience; This was designed for a time in the game where hope/dread was a debilitating factor and acquiring hope was much more difficult, therefore adding +2 hope (especially when this bonus doesn’t stack with other sources), again, is redundant.
    I don't have much to say (for once XD ) but this is at least useful in situations where you just need a little Hope and have no Edelharn tokens. Lots of situations in Angmar/Epic Quest where some kind of overwhelming/debilitating Dread effect sets in, and any little Hope boost cures/saves you and your party.

[...]

Racials;

Elf;

Power of the Eldar; Again, as pointed out above, power consumption / power issues are very much an issue of the past, and therefore a racial skill that provides +5% maximum power is out dated. Especially when this is contrasted to +5% maximum morale that the Race of Man can give.
    I'd love to see them change this up to something actually useful. Maybe "In Combat Power Regen" or "+2% parry chance to fellowship"? Not sure about what could be considered appropriate for a race buff skill, but +5% maximum power sure is useless nowadays. Would love to see Elf race get 2H Sword Bonus added as well if they decide to change things up, as Elf, as of writing this, is the only race that only gets damage bonus to 1H weapons, hurting elven champions and guardians for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    I don't have much to say (for once XD ) but this is at least useful in situations where you just need a little Hope and have no Edelharn tokens. Lots of situations in Angmar/Epic Quest where some kind of overwhelming/debilitating Dread effect sets in, and any little Hope boost cures/saves you and your party.
    My point was it has an extremely limited range of use, and it's too weak in my opinion.

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse with this… I’ve posted about it countless times, as have other people, but it’s something that really irks me – we have a massive wealth of instances in this game, more importantly, we have a massive wealth of instances that can be played at Level 130 – but there is literally no reason to play the majority of these instances (outside of Featured Instance runs). The loot is sub-par and generic, and the scaling is laughable at best. Please do something to make scaling instances more worthwhile, give them higher item level loot, more importantly give them their own unique loot. It doesn’t seem right to have 49 instances (not including Skirmishes) that can be played at 130 and we are restricted to a handful. In my opinion, all gear from scaling instances played at level 130 should be item level 400 as a minimum (as the 399-400 divide is where we see the stat jump that makes the gear worthwhile but going beyond that would just relegate current gear drops from the new instances).

Suggestion: Re-implement the unique loot tables from the Level 85 cap for all scaling instances (Ignoring the golden class items, considering that is a hot topic of debate that I am not here to have), and just make them item level 400. Increase the Morale & Damage of Tier 1 scaling instances by 25% and of Tier 2 scaling instances by 50%. It would go a long way to solve A LOT of issues surrounding scaling instances. With the Legendary Servers on their way to 85 anyway, this seems like the ideal moment to do this!
    ^this
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

LotRO since 2007

I've been reading the forums for years and some people still believe Turbine/SSG cares for feedback of any kind.

Did you see their response in one of the biggest threads so far about the lack of LI currency?
    None.

Did you check the dev tracker to see which threads SSG creates/comments?
    Mostly fluff threads, new Beacon issues, a few obvious bugs they can't ignore like "Trading relics to get Imlad Sigil" and after that: nothing.
    Last edited by Socratic11; Jan 16 2020 at 09:40 AM.

[I]
    Experience Gain / Virtue XP System;

Legendary Servers have “Story Mode” active on those servers, is it possible for this to be made into an item for purchase on the normal servers for those of us who hate levelling up so fast and enjoy certain quest areas but feel we must move on because we have out-levelled it so quick? I understand the stone of the tortoise basically achieves this by halting all experience gain, but the reason why I am asking for an XP reducing item will relate to my next point.
    This has been asked so many times, and I never knew they actually made it. I'd readily pay to have that on my normal server.

I recently re-subbed, but I forgot about The Curse of the VIP: the XP bonus. To make matters worse, we had a VIP XP bonus weekend as well and my toons leveled up like crazy, mostly by grinding Yule fest. I immediately unsubbed again.

Crafting has gotten many new tiers, where the DEV that has implemented the new tier has only copy pasted the previous tier and either changed the item effect slightly, or not at all, or, in some cases, adjusted it to the wrong direction.
    Cook anorien tier pet food is superior to anything that came after for example, giving almost 100k fire mits while doomfold only gives one fifth of that.

Or the item in question has just vanished from available items to craft, like campfire, there is no new campfire recipes after eastemnet tier.

Also, sometimes something gets lost in copy pasting the new tier, like jeweller edhelharn tokens stopped using polished gems all of a sudden and now every new tier uses unpolished ones. Also, these
    Edhelharn tokens give about +50 to resist with every new tier maxing in less than 1000 to resists in tier 13. There is no real difference if you use Westemnet, Anorien, Ironfold or Ithil tier tokens. Even the duration is identical. Only resist differs about 200 points, which has not even a marginal effect.

Another example of too low values are Scholar's Bow Chants that give -200 more to mitigation penetration per new tier. In comparison, PC mitigations go now in, 470 000 - 650 000 depending on armour type, and somehow I think mobs are not far behind.

really great list! I would certainly love to see more instances having useful loot

And please - lets make fellowship manoeuvres great again.
    Banion, Minstrel. Evernight server

Quote Originally Posted by Socratic11 View Post
    I've been reading the forums for years and some people still believe Turbine/SSG cares for feedback of any kind.

Did you see their response in one of the biggest threads so far about the lack of LI currency?
    None.

Did you check the dev tracker to see which threads SSG creates/comments?
    Mostly fluff threads, new Beacon issues, a few obvious bugs they can't ignore like "Trading relics to get Imlad Sigil" and after that: nothing.
    There are a few of us left who still hope they actually read the forum threads and take our advice / suggestions / notes on board... There probably isn't very many of us left who think so, but there is no harm in trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_EU View Post
    Crafting has gotten many new tiers, where the DEV that has implemented the new tier has only copy pasted the previous tier and either changed the item effect slightly, or not at all, or, in some cases, adjusted it to the wrong direction.
    Cook anorien tier pet food is superior to anything that came after for example, giving almost 100k fire mits while doomfold only gives one fifth of that.

Or the item in question has just vanished from available items to craft, like campfire, there is no new campfire recipes after eastemnet tier.

Also, sometimes something gets lost in copy pasting the new tier, like jeweller edhelharn tokens stopped using polished gems all of a sudden and now every new tier uses unpolished ones. Also, these
    Edhelharn tokens give about +50 to resist with every new tier maxing in less than 1000 to resists in tier 13. There is no real difference if you use Westemnet, Anorien, Ironfold or Ithil tier tokens. Even the duration is identical. Only resist differs about 200 points, which has not even a marginal effect.

Another example of too low values are Scholar's Bow Chants that give -200 more to mitigation penetration per new tier. In comparison, PC mitigations go now in, 470 000 - 650 000 depending on armour type, and somehow I think mobs are not far behind.
    All very good examples of how crafting has been very much neglected over the years, we were promised a comprehensive crafting revamp with Minas Morgul, and yet, all we got was a new guild tier with minimal new recipes, that since launch have been changed twice and now we've been given a rehash of the same recipes, just with a higher ilevel, requiring even more of these crafting components. It is both a curse and a blessing to have so many alts at a time like this.