We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hiawatha, Ks
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon_King View Post
    I really wish I had read this post before buying both the Minas Morgul and Mordor expansions. It's been over an hour and all I received is "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

    Not sure what I'm doing wrong with trying to embed the image of my order submitted screen, but it won't show. Here's a link to the image:
    https://ibb.co/Cnm4pGx

    The order completion screen has no link or code for my order. The only email I've received is an "Order Submitted" email with my order number and a link to findmyorder.com but I don't know this "random string" password that apparently shows up in a later email. I really hope they can fix this soon.
    Same issue here. I just ordered it an hour ago no email or anything. I sent them an email via contact us and only got an automated response. SSG may end up sued due to using Digital River. I didn't have issues with the company they used previously. In the since this is a digital product the code should be instantaneous however it appears more fraudulent then anything.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakhar View Post
    I've owned LotRO for over a decade, but I only recently started playing it again. I decided that I wanted to buy an expansion to unlock something. Problem number one jumped right out before I even completed the purchase.

    You have to give your full billing info to use Paypal. It isn't needed. Paypal uses my login/password. You're just gathering that info for no reason. All required fields. Either you're hoarding data on your players or you have a terrible website in desperate need of updates. Neither is particularly reassuring to the buyer.

    Problem number two came in when I completed the sale and realized that I'd have to wait on an email. So much for rolling that new character tonight, guess I'll sleep on it. Nope, woke up to just a couple emails telling me my payment went through and it will take up to 48 hours to get me my product code. 48 hours. I can log on Amazon, buy a physical game, and have it delivered to me in that time. Why does it take 48 hours to give me a product code for a completely digital purchase?

    I found problem number three when I tried to look up my order. Despite having my order number verified in multiple emails, by both you an Paypal, I cannot pull it up through your "find your order" system almost 12 hours later. Is it wanting some special password? My account password doesn't work, and at no point was I given anything else that could be construed as a password. So again, either my order hasn't made it into the system after 12 hours or the site is malfunctioning. Given that just logging in to the forums landed me on an error screen, and your own link to the account forum section is a 404, I'd believe either.


    Making sure the customer doesn't just give you money, but is happy to have done so afterwards, is basic salesmanship. So far every step from when I decided to make a purchase until now has been unpleasant. This is without taking into consideration the hundreds of dollars required to access everything in the game. Currently, being your customer is an unpleasant experience.

    I enjoy the game, but will probably stick to free play from here on out. This isn't a threat made because I want something in return. I made my purchase, and it will be available when it's available. This is just my feedback as a customer.


    Edit: It's been over 24 hours and I still cannot access my order using the findmyorder link. Since I paid via Paypal there is not last 4 to match it to, and I still have no idea what password I'm supposed to use for the order number option. Either it's not my account password or the order number was just never put into that system. I really would like to hear whether I'm doing something wrong or if it just plain doesn't work.

    Edit: Code finally retrieved from findmyorder. The problem? The password that findmyorder wanted was a random string in one of the order emails. It was not my account password, despite clicking "forgot password" taking me to the account password reset. After seeing the code, I was able to search it in one of the emails as well. I had skimmed over it because it's titled "Digital Rights". Every step of this process just needs some polish and relevant info needs to be prominently presented. How many tickets have been dealt with when a larger font size and appropriate labeling would solve most of them?
    Similar probs here, I can sympathize.

    You say you used PayPal and yes, I agree totally about the extraneous info required. However I think I see how they messed this up.

    When making a purchase via credit/debit card your bank statement will have a 4 digit code at the end of that statement line, it'll be similar to "Visa Debit purchase - 1234". When using others services I have had to refer to that particular 4 digit number to verify my identify.

    The current Store/payment system is buggy, has been since day one. However, SSG doesn't run the Store, Xsolla does, it's an outside company LOTRO uses for Store sales now, it was most likely a different setup back when you played previously. As if your posted concerns about confidentiality using PayPal to pay
    in LOTRO weren't bad enough, Xsolla has all your banking info too.

    LOTRO = Lord Of The Rings Oops
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,777
    Best way to pay = Steam wallet. You only have to give your payment information and data to one company, there are extra layers of authentication to go through, and nothing can auto-renew (e.g. VIP).

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon_King View Post
    I really wish I had read this post before buying both the Minas Morgul and Mordor expansions. It's been over an hour and all I received is "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly." <br>
    <br>
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong with trying to embed the image of my order submitted screen, but it won't show. Here's a link to the image:<br>
    <a href="https://ibb.co/Cnm4pGx" target="_blank">https://ibb.co/Cnm4pGx</a><br>
    <br>
    The order completion screen has no link or code for my order. The only email I've received is an "Order Submitted" email with my order number and a link to findmyorder.com but I don't know this "random string" password that apparently shows up in a later email. I really hope they can fix this soon.
    If they are asking for a 4-digit code, check your bank statement online, you'll see a statement line that starts "Visa Debit purchase - XXXX" with "DRI*LOTRO" directly under it. I have had to use this method recently with other services, it's a way for them to check your identity if you ask a question about a purchase or your account. I hope this is what you were referring to

    I am guessing this is just another programming error or they neglected to supply info required (again), inexcusable for in-game monetary transactions in this day and age but expected when a company farms out internal services like this. Actually the Store right now is the reason the BBB won't accredit SSG, it was a poor business decision in my opinion to move the Store off-site to a third party.

    Blame Daybreak Games, they own LOTRO, SSG are just the developers of the content.
    Last edited by Gaiandrial; Yesterday at 09:46 AM.
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hiawatha, Ks
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    Similar probs here, I can sympathize.

    You say you used PayPal and yes, I agree totally about the extraneous info required. However I think I see how they messed this up.

    When making a purchase via credit/debit card your bank statement will have a 4 digit code at the end of that statement line, it'll be similar to "Visa Debit purchase - 1234". When using others services I have had to refer to that particular 4 digit number to verify my identify.

    The current Store/payment system is buggy, has been since day one. However, SSG doesn't run the Store, Xsolla does, it's an outside company LOTRO uses for Store sales now, it was most likely a different setup back when you played previously. As if your posted concerns about confidentiality using PayPal to pay
    in LOTRO weren't bad enough, Xsolla has all your banking info too.

    LOTRO = Lord Of The Rings Oops
    Actually Xsolla only deals with the ingame store the website marketplace is Digital River Inc. © 2020 Digital River, Inc.
    Digital River® is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. https://www.digitalriver.com/ http://store.digitalriver.com/store/...oryID.58516200
    Last edited by Starbuck1771; Yesterday at 10:48 AM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hiawatha, Ks
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    If they are asking for a 4-digit code, check your bank statement online, you'll see a statement line that starts "Visa Debit purchase - XXXX" with "DRI*LOTRO" directly under it. I have had to use this method recently with other services, it's a way for them to check your identity if you ask a question about a purchase or your account. I hope this is what you were referring to

    I am guessing this is just another programming error or they neglected to supply info required (again), inexcusable for in-game monetary transactions in this day and age but expected when a company farms out internal services like this. Actually the Store right now is the reason the BBB won't accredit SSG, it was a poor business decision in my opinion to move the Store off-site to a third party.

    Blame Daybreak Games, they own LOTRO, SSG are just the developers of the content.
    Daybreak doesn't own LOTRO they were just the publisher. LOTRO isn't even listed on their site anymore neither is DDO.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload