We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Case Of The Missing Mithrin Essences

Soooo,

I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight but we cannot barter for Ered Mithrin essences at all, anywhere, anymore. (Unless I'm blind and missed it?)

In all other older content the essences are barterable, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Mordor etc. I thought for sure this old content would follow that same pattern and be available for motes, or regional barter currency. They are not.

What we CAN do is craft, heh heh....with a solvent! Why does old content suddenly have no way to barter and expect us to waste a solvent to get an essence? Surely this can't be intentional.

I know, I can just use quest gear but I'm one of those that likes to update my gear as best I can for each "regional jump." Ered Mithrin was a full regional release with new armour sets, so I like to get all spiffy and geared up before continuing. Yes, Im aware this isnt necessary, I can progress fine difficulty-wise with quest gear. But I WANT to gear, and I like playing the content. This though? This is punishing players for gearing. This makes me want to skip the area entirely, and wear my 115 gear right will 130.

Essences still drop in the Skarhald runs on higher difficulty but I happen to be on one of those low-pop servers, and since its old content...good luck getting a run going on one of those.

Solutions:
    Remove solvent from crafting requirement, NO old gear should require store bought items to craft. (EDIT** I realized that all old tiers of essences still require solvents, so the chances of this solution are 0. But still I left it up cause, hey why not.)
    Or put the essences boxes at a barter somewhere for some currency.
    Or if both of those are somehow detrimental enough to this game's cashflow...at least increase the landscape drop rate of them substantially. So at least, while still annoyingly random, we can actually get something.

I sacrificed an Uruk today to SSG, praying this is just a minor oversight. Please be an oversight.

-Ods
    Last edited by Oddessia; Jan 14 2020 at 10:34 PM.

You could barter lvl 120 essences for embers before U25. With U25, SSG changed all "old" embers gear/quests to become motes gear/quests. But instead of creating a new embers barterer, they copied the existing one to Estolad Lan in the Morgul vale and edited the embers inventory. They screwed something up in the process - you could still barter "old" lvl 120 essences for up to 3,500 embers, while the "new" lvl 121+ essences only cost 1500 embers. People believed the more expensive essences where the right ones, bartered them, where angry and disappointed and complained. So SSG removed the lvl 120 essences from the embers barterer. Which is more or less correct.

The real problem: There is still only an embers barterer standing in Skarhald and Hultivis, selling lvl 121+ stuff. This is nonsense, since you can only earn motes in these areas and want to buy lvl 120 motes equipment with it. Those embers barterers need to be replaced with motes barterers who sell the right stuff, including the old essences. This is an oversight, I'm not sure SSG is aware of this.

There is also a motes barterer standing around in the center of Galtrev. Maybe there are more (Bree?). I'm not sure if he's selling lvl 120 gear and/or essences. Did you check that barterer?

This is happening since Minas Morgul release, I was still wanting to barter 120 essences for some alts that I'm going to have parked at 120ish but no way to do that now ...

No, not a single NPC has the mithrin essences to barter.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    The real problem: There is still only an embers barterer standing in Skarhald and Hultivis, selling lvl 121+ stuff. This is nonsense, since you can only earn motes in these areas and want to buy lvl 120 motes equipment with it. Those embers barterers need to be replaced with motes barterers who sell the right stuff, including the old essences. This is an oversight, I'm not sure SSG is aware of this.

There is also a motes barterer standing around in the center of Galtrev. Maybe there are more (Bree?). I'm not sure if he's selling lvl 120 gear and/or essences. Did you check that barterer?
    I did check (after someone told me) the motes barter in Bree. No essences available.

I was happy to see that there is a motes barter for level 120. But....IN BREE AND GLATREV!? ...... *blinks*

How the heck is anyone who hasn't been through the region already supposed to know where to get gear, if the barters are thousands of miles away in another land entirely?

LOL Along with not having 120 essences... this HAS to be a mistake.