We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation New GOLDEN Essences lv 130 pls fix

So the item database shows us the new 130 golden essences from the skirmish event.
    Here is a picture of a few of them.

https://imgur.com/a/6w9UXQL.

So first off, i got no problem with giving player's a golden essence as an event reward. The problem however is that the 130 essence box is bound to account AGAIN. This will yet again cause people to send a million essences to their main. Some people got 5, some 10, some 20 and some even 30+ just fully decked out with golden essences before the raid is even out. This is just ridiculous and it should be changed to bound to char.

The second problem i got with this is that the golden essences are such a crazy small difference vs the yellow/purple essences. This is good in a way but also horrible because that means that all our future essences will all have such a small non-important upgrade. A Total waste to even craft them.

So pls ssg, a good solution would be:
    1. Make the essence box bound to character
    2. Make these essences different from the "real" Golden essences. Keep their value low and let the teal and the real golden essences be much higher than these "event essences"
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Jan 14 2020 at 08:59 PM.

22k critical and 21k mastery?Something is wrong here.
    I dont think is going to be change it will be again bound to account and he who have the more alts wins.Personaly i prefer jewel's as reward and bound to account,something like those that we got from Yule festival event.I think it will be more fair for everyone, in that case all mains got 2 pieces to complete their main and those that have more alts can gear them too.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    22k critical and 21k mastery?Something is wrong here.
    I dont think is going to be change it will be again bound to account and he who have the more alts wins.Personaly i prefer jewel's as reward and bound to account,something like those that we got from Yule festival event.I think it will be more fair for everyone, in that case all mains got 2 pieces to complete their main and those that have more alts can gear them too.
    Agrreed, the storvagun reward was awesome and much better than this. It avoids the big unfairness game that the event golden essences create

Wait I thought the skirmish event was just a one-time event promoting the soon-to-come Minas Morgul xpac? Does that mean it's going to become a yearly thing just like the festivals?
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    Wait I thought the skirmish event was just a one-time event promoting the soon-to-come Minas Morgul xpac? Does that mean it's going to become a yearly thing just like the festivals?
    from the events schedule:

Skirmish Event 2/19/20@10am 3/19/20@3am

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...vents-Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    from the events schedule:

Skirmish Event 2/19/20@10am 3/19/20@3am

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...vents-Schedule
    Okay, so it is going to be a yearly thing. Good to Know! I join others in wishing these essences were bound to character though, they're strong enough to give an advantage to those with alts. Unless they're gonna be releasing crafted teal essences that'll either be just as strong or pretty darn close.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    2. Make these essences different from the "real" Golden essences. Keep their value low and let the teal and the real golden essences be much higher than these "event essences"
    I'd be fine with either of these but I'd prefer they go the Storvagun route and release a jewelry item/cloak that's good enough to be BIS now but has a low enough item level that it can be replaced later on.

Either way... /signed
    Redsolo - Sippy - Suctioning
    ~The Cup Family~

Yes they should be character bound, and please dont hide BIS essences behind a timed skirmish event. Or atleast award them from t5 6mans when they arrive.

If golden essences are a raid thing, they shouldnt even drop from the events.

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    A lot of players like it and ask to repeat skrimish event after it was over last year. Developers say what it have a lot of success, huge amount of players use skrimish event and they decide to bring it later again (and even improve).

Lightbulb

My son, me and friends really enjoyed The Skirmish event last year. NERF this years reward and less reason to participate and fewer will run it. It's that simple. Why should everything be hidden behind T3+ or even alot behind T5 ??? Just so most others can never find a way to aquire anything worth having ??? Instances at T1 and even T2 feel utterly worthless running now.

Fewer alternative ways to gear up means fewer who can gear up leading to fewer to play instances with. I say it's better the more people can gear up in various ways, so we have more people that can participate and to play with.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jan 15 2020 at 04:28 AM.

Off topic: how do you browse the item database?
    I used to be able to do that with Compendium, but that plugin has been abandoned many years ago.

Edit: never mind. I was looking at an old sourceforge page.
    Last edited by OghranNasty; Jan 15 2020 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    My son, me and friends really enjoyed The Skirmish event last year. NERF this years reward and less reason to participate and fewer will run it. It's that simple. Why should everything be hidden behind T3+ or even alot behind T5 ??? Just so most others can never find a way to aquire anything worth having ??? Instances at T1 and even T2 feel utterly worthless running now.
    This is why I think this is wrong:
    1. Limited event. - Why should people only available at that time be able to acquire best in slot items ?
    2. Difficulty - Why should best in slot items drop from the easiest content? Really strong loot, in this case BIS should come the harder content. Its just basic progression, the harder the content the better the loot.

Dont get me wrong tho, the event should defenetly provide good loot, but ofc not better than the current T5 content. It makes no sense.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    This is why I think this is wrong:
    1. Limited event. - Why should people only available at that time be able to acquire best in slot items ?
    2. Difficulty - Why should best in slot items drop from the easiest content? Really strong loot, in this case BIS should come the harder content. Its just basic progression, the harder the content the better the loot.

Don't get me wrong tho, the event should defenetly provide good loot, but ofc not better than the current T5 content. It makes no sense.
    I definetly agree with point 1, that nothing should be hidden behind only time limited events. I forgot to make that clear before. I think gold essence should also be made available like in the past (prior to where dragon's dwell) and craftable. You can have both way of aquring things (or preferably even more than 2 ways). One does not have to exclude the other. The more alternative ways the better and the more choices people have to chose what suits them and what they enjoy to do. Not try to steer people into playing only one type of content for rewards. Not try to squeeze and fit everone into the same mold. I have always advocated that. The more freedom of choice the better.

As for T5 rewarding better loot than easier content, or higher drop chance etc. Of course. However that has gone way overboard now, where T1 and T2 is even sub-par rewards next to useless. Making only T3+ viable and with T3, T4 and T5 sharing same weekly locks of favoured loot. Few even wanting to run T3 due to that. Meaning almost anything below T5 is hardly run and if run gives more or less useless rewards or waste up the T5 favored loot chance. In the past running an instance even at T1 was worth the effort, then if You did challenge even more so with one extra chest to loot. Now it's way too much like run T5 or nothing. That is what replacing challenges with this new Tier system has lead to. The gear You can get from T1 or even T2 is hardly even enough to gear up for T5 (again few or no one running t3, so You need gear for t5). You can't run it as You have no gear and You need to run it to get the gear. Kind of a Catch 22. T1 should give enough to run T2. T2 give enough to run T3. T3 give enough to run T4 etc. Work Your way up. Currently running T1 gets You really really bad green gear. No one wants to invite me to run even T2 with that on. I wasn't even well enough geared to run storvagun T2 this year (first time ever since storvagun at yule was introduced). When people inspected my green T1 gear I got no invites for T2. That's not the way it should work in my opinion.

That is however the way it is for the majorty now. If You think it isn't means You play with a very small exclusive "club" that knows each other and gear up together. However outside any such "club" or "bubble" You won't even get invited to participate. This has caused a huge division between have and have nots. Most being in the have nots category. That is why it is important with every alternative route possible to gear up, since the T1-T5 route simply does not work at all for many.

The whole crafting based on RNG material boxes and shards is another nail in the coffin for gearing up, so crafting is hardly viable either unless You have multiple alts that can run T3+ with guaranteed ingredient box drop. Running T1, solo, duo or 3-man is way too low drop rate for those boxes. Even T2 is very unreliable. By the time You have 10 of the boxes (materials, ingredients) the piece You can craft is outdated. I barely finally got 10 such boxes and 2 days later the shield crafted from that was replaced by a better recipe. The Shard situation is a joke as well, with no realiable way to get them, no weekly or daily etc that everyone can run. Requiring way to many shards for each piece as well. On top of that needed for essences too. Only way to aquire them is RNG from chests and nodes. Or buy overpriced at AH which most can not afford. It all contributes to the horrible situation with high effort (alot time needed to be invested) vs low rewards and gearing since Minas Morgul. It feels way too grindy and even out of reach for many. It just makes people give up and quit.

All the above that I described is why I don't want to NERF or limit any other way to aquire gear or worthwile rewards, as that way might be the only way for many. I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jan 15 2020 at 06:50 AM.

Storvagun Rewards were spot on.
    For annual skirmish event would like to see similar items instead of gold essences - ideally teal earrings, teal rings or teal cloak.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Why do you write that the box of essences is bound to account? I checked the database and I have a box bound to character:

Quote Originally Posted by Knight. View Post
    Storvagun Rewards were spot on.
    For annual skirmish event would like to see similar items instead of gold essences - ideally teal earrings, teal rings or teal cloak.
    Yes, I agree, that would be the best reward!
    Brandywine / Landroval

No. No and NO.

If someone wants to farm the event on 10 alts and send all those essences to one character let them. That is entirely their perogative. Stop restricting people, and stop punishing people just because they play more / have more time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post

Fewer alternative ways to gear up means fewer who can gear up leading to fewer to play instances with. I say it's better the more people can gear up in various ways, so we have more people that can participate and to play with.
    Because the hardest content is ALWAYS meant to reward the BEST loot. It's that simple really. Landscape, Tier 1/2 and Crafting exists as a stepping stone to acquiring the best gear and loot that comes from the most difficult content, that + player skill + people with whom you group with = Better rewards. It's not as if we all hit level 130 and instantly got the BiS gear is it? No, we farmed t1/2 and then t3, and now t4/5... See how it works? Good.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Jan 16 2020 at 02:31 AM.

So the item database shows us the new 130 golden essences from the skirmish event.

So first off, i got no problem with giving player's a golden essence as an event reward. The problem however is that the 130 essence box is bound to account AGAIN. This will yet again cause people to send a million essences to their main. Some people got 5, some 10, some 20 and some even 30+ just fully decked out with golden essences before the raid is even out. This is just ridiculous and it should be changed to bound to char.

The second problem i got with this is that the golden essences are such a crazy small difference vs the yellow/purple essences. This is good in a way but also horrible because that means that all our future essences will all have such a small non-important upgrade. A Total waste to even craft them.

When someone want to grind so many hours, he deserves it .u can also make 20 toons and do the same m8.the fact that U are bored to do it doesnt mean that u have to complain and remove it from other ppl that enjoy that grinding.Just because u are bored to farm

Quote Originally Posted by Louk View Post
    When someone want to grind so many hours, he deserves it .u can also make 20 toons and do the same m8.the fact that U are bored to do it doesnt mean that u have to complain and remove it from other ppl that enjoy that grinding.Just because u are bored to farm
    someone definetly doesnt deserve bis gear for litteraly afk grinding many years old unbalanced content... as stated before gear quality should be equal to the difficulty of the content...

well now that we know they are going to be bound to character, it should be less of a concern anyway i think
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

LotRO since 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Louk View Post
    Not every 130 level character can complete T3 skrimish in solo, year ago some people complain what event boss keep one-shoting them. Also some skrimish hard because of poor mechainc (Elroir and Eladan as example, who like to agro everything around them and die, because their stats was never buffed).

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    No. No and NO.

If someone wants to farm the event on 10 alts and send all those essences to one character let them. That is entirely their perogative. Stop restricting people, and stop punishing people just because they play more / have more time on their hands.

This ^^

And for the posters that deem the ability to do this as "unfair" - you have the option to take more than one alt through. If you don't want to, fine, but don't restrict others. last year I only had the drive and stamina to take two alts through, but I never once worried about those taking lots of alts through.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret

I do not agree with you!

For me it seems that your problem lies somewhere else: either you do not have that 30+ alts to do the event or you just do not want to do the event with your 30+ alts.
    That is no reason not to reward players who leveled up 30+ alts to max level AND are willing to do the event with 30+ alts (what would mean: 30 x 10 = 300 times!)
    If you are not willing to do the event 300 times, is totally fine (i don't even want do do it a single time, but i will do with some alts too), but then asking SSG to punish the players who are willing to do it. That is what common sense would call: unfair.

Your underestimation of the effort that is needed, is hilarious.
    Just read the forum, there were some complaints about players at the Storvagun event, who leaves the group when the first try failed.
    Just calculate the effort: build a group and enter the instance: 2-5 min, do the fight 5-15 min, log in with a new alt: 2-5 min.
    That is: 9-25 min per character! If some one do this with 30+ character, it means 270-750 min! (that is between 4.5 and 12.5 hours!!!)
    Now multiply that with 10: the effort is then between 45 and 125 hours (average!) for that 30 characters and assuming that all tries are successful first try!

If some one is willing to that, that person deserve all the essences he is earning. (resp. there is no really any other reward in this game any more since SSG capped so many reward currencies)

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Zariliv92 View Post
    someone definetly doesnt deserve bis gear for litteraly afk grinding k
    My questions for you: how many times did you the last Strovagun event and how many times did you that being AFK?

I support gold essences being bound to the account. It rewards those players that put the most time into the game and made the effort to level up a significant number of characters making them eligible for such rewards. There's a simple solution. Level up more characters and take advantage of the benefits from that status. There is a reason SSG's introduces new races and classes into the game. It's to get you to try them out. There's a reason they introduce AOV type items.

If you choose to have a single character. Fine. Your choice. There are consequences as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    I support gold essences being bound to the account. It rewards those players that put the most time into the game and made the effort to level up a significant number of characters making them eligible for such rewards. There's a simple solution. Level up more characters and take advantage of the benefits from that status. There is a reason SSG's introduces new races and classes into the game. It's to get you to try them out. There's a reason they introduce AOV type items.

If you choose to have a single character. Fine. Your choice. There are consequences as a result.
    Its like you guys dont learned from the last year, the golden essence made every sense of balancing and fairness irrelevant.
    People with a lot of gold essences had such an advantage. Games like lotro should be about how good you can play the game and your class and not about who has the most money/time.

If the essence were obtainable in another reliable way no one would say anything against it. But this is not the case and I'm glad SSG listened to players' feedback from the last year.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Bound to character is the only (almost fair) solution.

the golden essences were complete broken op for the rest of the update and people with 20+ essences had a huge advantage in endgame.
    it's not about people don't get enough rewarded for playing other classes or more characters; we do but the old "bound to acc" system was just ridiculous and had to much impact in the end (for the entire update).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast