We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Its like you guys dont learned from the last year, the golden essence made every sense of balancing and fairness irrelevant.
    People with a lot of gold essences had such an advantage. Games like lotro should be about how good you can play the game and your class and not about who has the most money/time.

    If the essence were obtainable in another reliable way no one would say anything against it. But this is not the case and I'm glad SSG listened to players' feedback from the last year.
    Even that i have many alts who can do those events so i can fully gear my main with golden essences i agree.Best reward so far from those events was the Yule festival jewel's.With rewords like this at least most of people can fully gear their main with 2 jewels and if they want they can gear some raid ready alts too like i did.Golden essences should be removed us rewards from events like this.They should be craftable after raid released so no one will have the advantage.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    If the essence were obtainable in another reliable way no one would say anything against it. But this is not the case and I'm glad SSG listened to players' feedback from the last year.
    I mean, they haven't? Considering the essence boxes are still bound to account whereas the essences are bound to character exactly the same way it was last year. And EXACTLY the way it SHOULD be.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I mean, they haven't? Considering the essence boxes are still bound to account whereas the essences are bound to character exactly the same way it was last year. And EXACTLY the way it SHOULD be.
    BiS gear should come from most difficult endgame content not from farming outdated unbalanced garbage on 20 alts that is time gated.Loot system is already in garbage state and adding back things like this only makes it worse.Instead of people arguing for unique jewlery/armor pieces with unique stats/bonuses for more diverse loot they want something that will give them advantage over others by doing timegated faceroll content.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    1,107
    Yikes, I'd better get in gear and get back to Moria to unlock those Skirmishes.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    BiS gear should come from most difficult endgame content not from farming outdated unbalanced garbage on 20 alts that is time gated.Loot system is already in garbage state and adding back things like this only makes it worse.Instead of people arguing for unique jewlery/armor pieces with unique stats/bonuses for more diverse loot they want something that will give them advantage over others by doing timegated faceroll content.
    In addition to that it hurts people who for the sake of their group play an alt in the raid

    Game design should encourage social behaviour like helping your group

    By making people choose between putting gold essences on their main and an alt which helps the group more they are doing the opposite

    Storvagun was great this year because farming it on 4 characters allowed everyone to get 2 bracelets for their main and 2 to put in the bank and use on the character they'll have to play once the raid is released

    These essences should be either character bound (including the boxes) or just swapped for some piece of gear that you only need 1 or 2 per character

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    127
    i cannot think of another reason people would like to have these essences to be bound to account other than that they are either not able to do the most difficult content or dont want to... in the first case you simply dont deserve better loot and in the second you dont need it...there is no logical reason bis gear should be awarded for no effort at all...

    if i had to choose there would be no golden essences in other places than the highest tier of the raid... and for doing skirmishes you dont get other things rewarded than literal ####, because you dont need other things than #### to do them! but i guess thats not going to happen so im glad you only get one per char.
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

    LotRO since 2007

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Its like you guys dont learned from the last year, the golden essence made every sense of balancing and fairness irrelevant.
    People with a lot of gold essences had such an advantage. Games like lotro should be about how good you can play the game and your class and not about who has the most money/time.
    Exactly this.

    I have quite a few alts (even crafting ones with relatively bad gear and minimal investment in LIs, traits, virtues, knowledge of rotations etc.) which successfully farmed festivals in order for my main to benefit from gold essence stacking. However, this gave me an unfair statistical advantage and preferential selection when instances and raid came along, to those with only one toon (with no ability for them to catch up regardless of how much time, effort and money they spent).

    Those with more alts already acquire gear faster due to locks on content. Even then, at least that player with only one toon will eventually get there... but not being able to get there at all is just plain unfair.

    Finally festival content is designed to be lightweight and inclusive. A bit of fun for everyone (even festival content at the higher tiers is pretty forgiving). It can even be argued that with the new 120 Valar and task-board levelling to 130 you can be ready to successfully take on festival content within minutes to acquire best in slot items, if you throw money at it. Let’s not kid ourselves in saying this is on par with the amount of time, effort, preparation, acquisition of knowledge and learning curves involved in successfully taking on more difficult content.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    BiS gear should come from most difficult endgame content not from farming outdated unbalanced garbage on 20 alts that is time gated.Loot system is already in garbage state and adding back things like this only makes it worse.Instead of people arguing for unique jewlery/armor pieces with unique stats/bonuses for more diverse loot they want something that will give them advantage over others by doing timegated faceroll content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zariliv92 View Post
    i cannot think of another reason people would like to have these essences to be bound to account other than that they are either not able to do the most difficult content or dont want to... in the first case you simply dont deserve better loot and in the second you dont need it...there is no logical reason bis gear should be awarded for no effort at all...

    if i had to choose there would be no golden essences in other places than the highest tier of the raid... and for doing skirmishes you dont get other things rewarded than literal ####, because you dont need other things than #### to do them! but i guess thats not going to happen so im glad you only get one per char.
    I don't disagree that the best ingame loot should come from the most difficult instances - I am a strong advocator of that belief, trust me.

    HOWEVER, I am also a strong advocator of everything in this game having an actual use, we have a wealth of instances, skirmishes included, that are never played, or even thought about, because they simply are just either too easy OR not rewarding enough. SSG clearly doesn't have the manpower or knowhow to tackle both of the aforementioned issues, so they slap some BiS loot on it and let people run wild. Quite frankly, why does it matter if a casual or a 'noob' is running around with gold essences? This doesn't make them special in anyway shape or form, quite frankly, it didn't make the casuals special when they were running around with them at Lv100, Lv105 or Lv115 either, and back then gold essences came from Big Battles or Easy-mode crafting / Landscape quest farming (why is that ANY DIFFERENT to now?). It didn't magically make them better, and it didn't magically earn them a spot in end-game groups either.

    Furthermore, people aren't going to stop raiding with certain people in their kinships / raiding teams because they don't have gold essences, or because they didn't farm them. On top of that, it's also not as if one or two people full of golden essences can carry an entire raid team through a raid either, almost everyone has to pull their weight in a raid group, especially during progression.

    It's also not as if these essences are ABSURDLY over powered either. The difference at 120 was far greater than the difference we are seeing now. Golden essences at Lv120 were almost double in stats in comparison to the first essences we were able to acquire back then - and this, is evidently NOT the case now, most essences are barely 4-5k higher in stats, and naturally by the time we get crafted teal essences they will be close enough to the gold essences that it won't matter either. We have currently, barely 10 essence slots on our gear, even if a person was fully equipped with golden essences, that's only 40-50k in raw numbers (mastery/mitigation/crit etc.), at MOST, which isn't a whole lot in this expansion. So all this fret and complaining about people with golden essences going to be ridiculously OP, they're not. They will have a slight advantage, at best.

    And finally, I stand by my above point. STOP punishing people simply because they have more time on their hands or more alts than you do, the more SSG continues to do this, the more likely those people are to spend their time elsewhere instead. Bound to account gear / essences are an absolute blessing in my opinion, at least until such a point that I have farmed enough gear / essences that I no longer need to send my stuff between my alts - it allows me to play all of my level maxed level characters with greater ease than at any other expansion / level cap we've ever had.

  9. #34
    bold of anyone to assume that SSG will do anything other than what will make them the most money.


    The gold essences system requiring many level capped characters is 100% by design to push people to buy more valar level boosts so that their main character can be as OP as possible.

    having gold essences on the right character like a tank makes the difference between an effortless clear of an instance and a struggle... and it REALLY make a difference in PVMP where having a full gold DPSer with adequate morale while having maxed damage can make a group unbeatable.


    Its the ultimate form of pay-2-win.


    don't expect it to go away anytime soon.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I don't disagree that the best ingame loot should come from the most difficult instances - I am a strong advocator of that belief, trust me.

    HOWEVER, I am also a strong advocator of everything in this game having an actual use, we have a wealth of instances, skirmishes included, that are never played, or even thought about, because they simply are just either too easy OR not rewarding enough. SSG clearly doesn't have the manpower or knowhow to tackle both of the aforementioned issues, so they slap some BiS loot on it and let people run wild. Quite frankly, why does it matter if a casual or a 'noob' is running around with gold essences? This doesn't make them special in anyway shape or form, quite frankly, it didn't make the casuals special when they were running around with them at Lv100, Lv105 or Lv115 either, and back then gold essences came from Big Battles or Easy-mode crafting / Landscape quest farming (why is that ANY DIFFERENT to now?). It didn't magically make them better, and it didn't magically earn them a spot in end-game groups either.

    Furthermore, people aren't going to stop raiding with certain people in their kinships / raiding teams because they don't have gold essences, or because they didn't farm them. On top of that, it's also not as if one or two people full of golden essences can carry an entire raid team through a raid either, almost everyone has to pull their weight in a raid group, especially during progression.

    It's also not as if these essences are ABSURDLY over powered either. The difference at 120 was far greater than the difference we are seeing now. Golden essences at Lv120 were almost double in stats in comparison to the first essences we were able to acquire back then - and this, is evidently NOT the case now, most essences are barely 4-5k higher in stats, and naturally by the time we get crafted teal essences they will be close enough to the gold essences that it won't matter either. We have currently, barely 10 essence slots on our gear, even if a person was fully equipped with golden essences, that's only 40-50k in raw numbers (mastery/mitigation/crit etc.), at MOST, which isn't a whole lot in this expansion. So all this fret and complaining about people with golden essences going to be ridiculously OP, they're not. They will have a slight advantage, at best.

    And finally, I stand by my above point. STOP punishing people simply because they have more time on their hands or more alts than you do, the more SSG continues to do this, the more likely those people are to spend their time elsewhere instead. Bound to account gear / essences are an absolute blessing in my opinion, at least until such a point that I have farmed enough gear / essences that I no longer need to send my stuff between my alts - it allows me to play all of my level maxed level characters with greater ease than at any other expansion / level cap we've ever had.
    Why should we punish those that can only play one alt to never be able to reach stats of those that can farm essences on multiple alts?Not to mention this is time gated event.Putting BiS gear behind time gated event where if you miss it you will never catch up till next update is just stupid.But then again no worries as this is what makes most money so its here to stay.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post

    It's also not as if these essences are ABSURDLY over powered either. The difference at 120 was far greater than the difference we are seeing now. Golden essences at Lv120 were almost double in stats in comparison to the first essences we were able to acquire back then - and this, is evidently NOT the case now, most essences are barely 4-5k higher in stats, and naturally by the time we get crafted teal essences they will be close enough to the gold essences that it won't matter either. We have currently, barely 10 essence slots on our gear, even if a person was fully equipped with golden essences, that's only 40-50k in raw numbers (mastery/mitigation/crit etc.), at MOST, which isn't a whole lot in this expansion. So all this fret and complaining about people with golden essences going to be ridiculously OP, they're not. They will have a slight advantage, at best.
    The golden essences are as Hephburz mentions not as powerful as the were last year, and will not be giving a gamebreaking advantage, even with a full set. I understand the frustration of people with few or no alts, but it is as it is. People who have spent the time and effort leveling multiple chars have an advantage-as I believe they should. They put in the work, and benefit from it.

    I disagree with the notion that has been brought up repeatedly in threads, that BIS gear should only drop in the hardest group content. It has not been so in Lotro, since the beginning of game. In SOA we had several BIS drops from the Epics and several BIS jewellery was from crafting, while other pieces came from grouporiented endgame content. This approach to gaining gear has been in use in the game over all the years, it has exsisted. It encourages people to participate in all content, and diminishes the geargap between casual and hardcore players. There should certainly be a gap, but if it is too high, it makes balancing landscape content too difficult. So dropping some BIS essences in content that everyone can do is quite ok in my opinion.
    Banion, Minstrel. Evernight server

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Banionn View Post
    The golden essences are as Hephburz mentions not as powerful as the were last year, and will not be giving a gamebreaking advantage, even with a full set. I understand the frustration of people with few or no alts, but it is as it is. People who have spent the time and effort leveling multiple chars have an advantage-as I believe they should. They put in the work, and benefit from it.

    I disagree with the notion that has been brought up repeatedly in threads, that BIS gear should only drop in the hardest group content. It has not been so in Lotro, since the beginning of game. In SOA we had several BIS drops from the Epics and several BIS jewellery was from crafting, while other pieces came from grouporiented endgame content. This approach to gaining gear has been in use in the game over all the years, it has exsisted. It encourages people to participate in all content, and diminishes the geargap between casual and hardcore players. There should certainly be a gap, but if it is too high, it makes balancing landscape content too difficult. So dropping some BIS essences in content that everyone can do is quite ok in my opinion.
    Problem is this is time gated event.People with multiple alts are already rewarded with most gear being BoA and with multiple "locks".It is spit in the face to those with no alts or to those who miss this event do to whatever reason considering these rewards remain BiS till next lvl cap.But like some have mentioned already if there is even a slight chance this will make little money it stays despite it being unheathy for game.I see no people arguing to put some unique gear piece behind this event that can be BiS for update or 2.They just want to funnel all essences to main to obitain advantage that others have no chance of closing till next lvl cap despite as some say its not that big of advantage.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    912
    People complain because their alt characters not good enough for T3 skrimish. People with multiple alts already spend HUGE amount of time to level up and gear their alts. If you don't spend time for your alts and don't gear them up, it's YOUR problem. And it was YEARS since first Sorvagun/Thrang/Skrimish Event problem, if you don't that mechanic, you have ~2 years to gear them up. If you can't do it, why blame other players?

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload