We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best way to level from HD to 130

Hello everyone

I'm a returning lotro player, last time I played was back when the Riders of Rohan expansion came out, I got two chars to lvl 85 and the Hytbold set, after that I never played again. Since the game performance has improved I decided to try lotro again a couple of weeks ago and purchased HD's expansion to start leveling my lm, she is currently level 93 and half way through Stonedeans quest-line.
    I want to know what would be the best way to level up to 130 from here, not wanting to buy all quest packs.
    I currently have 4k lotro points saved to get mordor expansion.
    I have all expansions until HDs and when I returned there was some sales on the store and I got some quest packs for the lvl 115 areas of the Grey Mountains and Dale.

Is there a way I can level to 105 without having to purchase the Gondor quest packs? I was hoping to save my points to buy minas morgul when available on the lotro store.

Also what kind of gear should I try to get to help with the journey to 130? and where can I get it? I'm completely lost with all the changes and new stuff the game has!

Is there any type of content that is important to do before level 130?

Welcome back to the game and I hope are enjoying your adventures.

You have many options to get to 130 and one of the options is to avoid Mordor altogether and spend your points on some of the smaller quest packs. I levelled a guard to cap recently by questing through Gondor, Minas Tirith and North Ithilien. He was level 113 by then, so I skipped straight through to North Mirkwood, avoiding Mordor completely except for the Epic quests.

By the time you finish West Rohan you will be close to level 100 - be sure to finish all the quests there because there is a trait point available on completion of the quest lines in each area.

West Gondor also has 4 trait points for completing each quest line so it is well worth considering buying those packs.

If you decide to go the Mordor route, you will need to buy at least one quest pack to get you to 105 - North Itlilien might be a good option. Its a really beautiful area to quest in before you enter the dark of Mordor.

Gearing - there is a huge jump in game difficulty once you get beyond Mordor so you will need to stop somewhere and grind out some good gear by doing daily content in either Mordor or the Wastes. Each area you past through after Mordor has repeatable daily content to get decent gear.

Finally be sure to follow the Epic Quest and Black Book line all the way from West Rohan to end game in Minas Morgul. There are a lot of trait points available hidden behind the epic line as well as nice gear. You can pick up the Epic book at level 95 by talking to Eowyn in Dunharrow.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Patmustard View Post
    Welcome back to the game and I hope are enjoying your adventures.

You have many options to get to 130 and one of the options is to avoid Mordor altogether and spend your points on some of the smaller quest packs. I levelled a guard to cap recently by questing through Gondor, Minas Tirith and North Ithilien. He was level 113 by then, so I skipped straight through to North Mirkwood, avoiding Mordor completely except for the Epic quests.

By the time you finish West Rohan you will be close to level 100 - be sure to finish all the quests there because there is a trait point available on completion of the quest lines in each area.

West Gondor also has 4 trait points for completing each quest line so it is well worth considering buying those packs.

If you decide to go the Mordor route, you will need to buy at least one quest pack to get you to 105 - North Itlilien might be a good option. Its a really beautiful area to quest in before you enter the dark of Mordor.

Gearing - there is a huge jump in game difficulty once you get beyond Mordor so you will need to stop somewhere and grind out some good gear by doing daily content in either Mordor or the Wastes. Each area you past through after Mordor has repeatable daily content to get decent gear.

Finally be sure to follow the Epic Quest and Black Book line all the way from West Rohan to end game in Minas Morgul. There are a lot of trait points available hidden behind the epic line as well as nice gear. You can pick up the Epic book at level 95 by talking to Eowyn in Dunharrow.

Best of luck
    Hmm so Gondor is important for the class trait points...that complicates things eheh might be a god idea to go vip for a month just to do that part then! I was hoping to do the best with what I have available atm but seems even more complicated that way and would probably lose too much content and important stuff.

Thank you so much for your help

Not only that. Read up on legendary items grind and what it entails. Primary source of scrolls is Minas Tirith dailies, since you don't seem the type to go for the P2W option.
    Might be a good idea to not hurry with leveling past 105 and enjoy the story, the sights and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kireizukin View Post
    ...Since the game performance has improved....
    It has?

Quote Originally Posted by Kireizukin View Post
    ....I decided to try lotro again a couple of weeks ago and purchased HD's expansion to start leveling my lm, she is currently level 93 and half way through Stonedeans quest-line.
    I want to know what would be the best way to level up to 130 from here, not wanting to buy all quest packs.
    I currently have 4k lotro points saved to get mordor expansion.
    I have all expansions until HDs and when I returned there was some sales on the store and I got some quest packs for the lvl 115 areas of the Grey Mountains and Dale.

Is there a way I can level to 105 without having to purchase the Gondor quest packs? I was hoping to save my points to buy minas morgul when available on the lotro store.

Also what kind of gear should I try to get to help with the journey to 130? and where can I get it? I'm completely lost with all the changes and new stuff the game has!

Is there any type of content that is important to do before level 130?
    FWIW I think it is important to get Mordor, because they end the old epic quest line just before you enter and essentially replace it with a new quest line called the Black Book of Mordor quest line. That will carry you through Minas Morgul. So you could try just following the Epic quest line and see where you get stuck in terms of leveling. You could try using some XP accelerators. You could also jump in on skirmishes / instances when level appropriate. If you find you get stuck in terms of level, then you might consider purchasing more content around the area you've arrived at by following the epic quest line. You can also work on Epic Battles, which you'll have access to (and will have to do at least once to follow the Epic quest line through HD). Some people dislike them, but if you like them they're worth repeating as there are a couple trait points gated behind them and you can build up your EB trait points to make them easier. There is also some decent scaled gear available from them.

To some extent the "best" way depends on what you like or dislike. If you prefer to follow the story and go to different areas or just spam an instance like Warg Pens, which used to be a popular choice.