We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

About to start playing again.

So i decided to start playing again even tho i really wanted to wait for LI fix but i really want to play lotro so ah well :P

And after few days of some directx and some issues with files i finally have my game working and i think i will subscribe tomorrow, now the question is which class to pick.

In vanilla lotro i used to play hunter and when i came back i continue with same hunter and i hit early Mordor....but i did not like hunter gameplay much in mordor, mobs had tons of morale and i had to go blue like and kite around which got boring really fast.

Now i would like to start a class that is easy to solo with open world content, any suggestions are welcome

I'm a big fan of the Captain. With the archer Herald, you get a bit of Hunter in there too when you want it. Mele Heralds can be used as sacrificial tanks when needed.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Mordor difficulty was retuned after the more recent updates were deployed, you shouldn't have any more problems with hunter now. If you enjoyed hunter's gameplay before mordor I would recommend continue with it. Landscape in lotro is generally easy, I would make my choice on a preference of playstyle rather than soloability. Beware that some classes like guardian or captain are slower to level, not more difficult but slower, due to limited dps while soloing, even in red trait. I've levelled my main burg in minas morgul and it was very easy and fast, now I'm levelling a hunter and it's easy, just a bit slower at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by littlesquinky View Post
    Mordor difficulty was retuned after the more recent updates were deployed, you shouldn't have any more problems with hunter now. If you enjoyed hunter's gameplay before mordor I would recommend continue with it. Landscape in lotro is generally easy, I would make my choice on a preference of playstyle rather than soloability. Beware that some classes like guardian or captain are slower to level, not more difficult but slower, due to limited dps while soloing, even in red trait. I've levelled my main burg in minas morgul and it was very easy and fast, now I'm levelling a hunter and it's easy, just a bit slower at least for me.
    Tell me can you level a red line hunter trough rohan/isengard/mordor without much issues now? I remember that i had a really hard time doing these areas as red line and was forced to blue even tho i dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    So i decided to start playing again even tho i really wanted to wait for LI fix but i really want to play lotro so ah well :P

And after few days of some directx and some issues with files i finally have my game working and i think i will subscribe tomorrow, now the question is which class to pick.

In vanilla lotro i used to play hunter and when i came back i continue with same hunter and i hit early Mordor....but i did not like hunter gameplay much in mordor, mobs had tons of morale and i had to go blue like and kite around which got boring really fast.

Now i would like to start a class that is easy to solo with open world content, any suggestions are welcome
    For solo i would say champion but if you want later to do end game content raids and staff better play something else.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

I am not interested in raiding nor doing high end dungeons, just normal dungeons and story/open world.

I am not interested in raiding nor doing high end dungeons, just normal dungeons and story/open world.
    Then go Champion for sure

If you liked red line hunter, good news is that it has now been restored back to what it was.

Other than that, burg is fun, RK is interesting and champ is nice to play.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Is rohan and isengard same as before? because i noticed that mobs are a lot harder in that zones when comparing to previous ones, and if so how does champ do in them? With red line hunter i was always near death >.<

Tell me can you level a red line hunter trough rohan/isengard/mordor without much issues now? I remember that i had a really hard time doing these areas as red line and was forced to blue even tho i dislike it.
    I have seen red hunters playing through Minas Morgul. The one I talked to briefly just couldn't solo a handful of 130 level small fellowship quests, which doesn't seem unreasonable. Minas Morgul landscape is, IMO, harder than Rohan or Isengard, and you can easily outlevel Mordor if you have issues.

I had no issues at all. As an other poster wrote, you can outlevel an area if you feel it difficult, until you are in minas morgul. I play in red line, not blue. That said if you didnt like hunter's gameplay even in rohan or isengard, you should prolly try something else. Burg is a bit complex to learn compared to other classes, but when you understand how to play it effectively it's a breeze, if you like stealth that's it. I have stopped playing other classes at 100 due to alts irrelevance, so my experience with them is probably outdated by now.

Okay thanks everyone for info

I would say solo survival, Warden can be darn good. A 40% speed buff on demand. If you liked Hunter guide skills, Warden Musters are every bit as useful.
    Can do serious damage, both single and AoE. Can be quite tanky. I remember in Mordor, I would be in Thorzhaf poking around, and my disguise would fail and suddenly I had 10-12 orcs on me... and then it would be just me, with a bunch of dead orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    I would say solo survival, Warden can be darn good. A 40% speed buff on demand. If you liked Hunter guide skills, Warden Musters are every bit as useful.
    Can do serious damage, both single and AoE. Can be quite tanky. I remember in Mordor, I would be in Thorzhaf poking around, and my disguise would fail and suddenly I had 10-12 orcs on me... and then it would be just me, with a bunch of dead orcs.
    That actually sounds good, i might go with warden after all

Lightbulb

About to start playing again.
    Welcome back !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Welcome back !!!
    Thanks, i think i am gonna start on Evernight server.

Thumbs up

Thanks, i think i am gonna start on Evernight server.
    I think that's a good choice. At least population wise. A few servers seems really abandoned atm and even Evernight has taken a dip lately it feels like, but it still have players around as it's one of the most populated and has been for some time. So no matter if it's times of highs or lows, I think it is one of the Servers most likely to find players on to play with. The less populated servers really suffer in times of lows as it becomes more noticable if there are fewer on on those servers.

As long as You can stand some certain really overbearing person(s) that often take over world chat and control the topics to create drama and get attention while they are on, he he he !!! Unfortioneyly some seem to bite the bait and fuel them and keep it going. I'm sure there are at least one or a few of that on every server anyway.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jan 15 2020 at 05:53 AM.

If you have access to Moria classes (Rune Keeper / Warden), you might give the RK a try. Easy to level, since yellow line (throw lightning on the move) was buffed recently. You can switch to red line when targets have lots of morale. (Red RK uses fire-based induction DoT skills). And RK is a decent healer in blue line. Overall, one of the few classes where all skill trees perform relatively well at the moment.

Thanks everyone for help, i think i am gonna roll a warden and see how it goes

Warden is hard class with all those gambits even for solo and probably you will need help from people who knows the class well.Also if you dont care about end game content then better choose a not so popular server.In my opinion Champion and yellow rk are the best choices for you atm

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Warden is hard class with all those gambits even for solo and probably you will need help from people who knows the class well.Also if you dont care about end game content then better choose a not so popular server.In my opinion Champion and yellow rk are the best choices for you atm
    Is champ/RK easier to survive rohan/isengard/mordor? I would not want to get a class and die all the time in these zones

If you want survivability and straightforward play (simpler than a warden) I would consider a red line Guardian. Indestructible and still reasonably fast when killing mobs.
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Is champ/RK easier to survive rohan/isengard/mordor? I would not want to get a class and die all the time in these zones
    With champion can do everything solo easy,more or less like warden but have easier gameplay with out gambits and staff,RK its even easier but die easy.I will say it again,if you want only solo and dailies staff tier 1 instances etc go champion,if you want end game content as well better choose RK or Warden cause champion its easy at low tiers but very hard to master at high tiers.

/cheer
    I hope you like Warden- it's my favorite class by far. Some people don't like memorizing/spelling gambits, but they're all listed in your skills window for reference if you forget. <3 Enjoy!

Bah i had too much to work today and gonna work tomorrow whole day so i am not gonna start just yet

I have a question, since i am not going to subscribe just yet and i am starting a new character since i have none atm, does anyone know how much LP will i need to remove gold cap and unlock trait slots?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast