We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Maximum Level on Armor Sets

When Minus Morgul first launched, I thought that most of the lower level armor sets had a maximum level restriction of 120 placed on them, so they couldn't be used at level cap. This included throne(105) and pelennor(105) sets but not Abyss(115). I happened upon a couple items from the old pelennor sets with the set bonuses today and, found that they have no max level restriction. I went to the throne trader and found there's no restriction them either. Am I going crazy? I deleted all my armor pieces that had red borders, and were restricted. Now it seems like they went back and changed the restrictions. I can always get the throne items back, but not the pelennor, even though, at this point, probably not necessary. I know the osgiliath/pelennor multy-slot pieces(115+) are still restricted, as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by JediSam View Post
    When Minus Morgul first launched, I thought that most of the lower level armor sets had a maximum level restriction of 120 placed on them, so they couldn't be used at level cap. This included throne(105) and pelennor(105) sets but not Abyss(115). I happened upon a couple items from the old pelennor sets with the set bonuses today and, found that they have no max level restriction. I went to the throne trader and found there's no restriction them either. Am I going crazy? I deleted all my armor pieces that had red borders, and were restricted. Now it seems like they went back and changed the restrictions. I can always get the throne items back, but not the pelennor, even though, at this point, probably not necessary. I know the osgiliath/pelennor multy-slot pieces(115+) are still restricted, as of today.
    This maximum levels was before MM launch.

Needless to say, I haven't kept a close watch on armor lvl restrictions so I'm having trouble understanding the timeline. I don't recall see a restriction on most lvl 120 gear. If there were restrictions on gear before MM, why did they wait to lift those restrictions until so much later. I assumed that's the way it was going to be and deleted them all. Some items still are restricted, like pelennor/osgiliath mutli-slot. Anyway, I deleted them all and now they're again usable, seems careless of them. I don't think any of these things were made clear in the release notes.

Maximum level 120 on Throne and Pel sets added after MM. The level cap is removed, BUT the bonuses are disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by semyavto View Post
    Maximum level 120 on Throne and Pel sets added after MM. The level cap is removed, BUT the bonuses are disabled.
    Thisis the best solution. Get rid nof old op bonuses (speaking for itself bonuses are worth wearing two or even more understated pieces) but prevent the players for being naked suddently.

The other solution is (in case e.g. separating stats from bonuses, and can't be disabled separately) to have at least a basic level 121 crafted set, a set just like any other crafted set from the past just needs the required leather and/or ingots, and will get you the "starting set" to level up to 130. Just a simple green set (with purple crit) like in days past.... you level to 121, you don the new armor and bling, and you level up to 130 and take new quested armor along the way.

I think that too would solve a lot of issues.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.