We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Housing Hooks in the LOTRO Store

Am I the only one that *wouldn't mind* paying for extra housing hooks??

I know practically all of us want more hooks, that's kinda a given. But, sometimes I worry that if they give us more hooks, they will just be wasted if they don't give us extra "large" hooks or something. I currently have a premium house FILLED with decor, yard as well, but I STILL have like 2 or 3 empty Small Wall hooks. And, what I wouldn't give to trade those hooks in for Large Wall hooks or for just one more Small Furniture hook so I can have that extra chair sitting around my table.

My point is, why can't it be worked out that we can purchase extra hooks, of our choosing? We make a purchase and then are given a warning that once we place the hook in whatever location we desire in the house, the placement will be permanent. I am not a developer, so I'm sure my idea is totally off the wall and ridiculous. But, honestly, from a non-developer-just-regular-player position, this would be great. Rather than waiting and hoping the devs give us more hooks in (a) locations we don't want, (b) of sizes we don't want, and (c) in an amount that we may not want, I'd gladly plop down however many LOTRO Points to have that one extra hook in my hard that lets me put a hay bale next to my cows, ya know, just to complete the look. LOL.

Sorry if I'm wasting everyone's time here. This is just my idea, one I have almost every time I visit my home. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this idea or if it's already been discussed or anything. I just wish it were a thing where we could purchase the exact amount of hooks we want and of the type we want. That would solve so many issues, imo. Thanks!

-Tanya

this has beeb disgusted again in the past few years, if i recall it was before the premioum neighborhood of the cape,
    or after the last housing update, when we got the x,z,y costumization......
    what was said is that the way the housing system is build does not allow extra hooks to appear by will or anywere we want........
    what i like to see is any hook can feet any item or maybe remove thin furniture hooks, items that can be placed anywere else, with large furniture hooks!
    tbh i d like to see a major housing update giving extra rooms to each size of house or basement and extra hooks that fits all sizes(special item hook).
    i dike to see custom outer walls surface, especially for the breeland neighborhoods!
    imagine having the opportunity to transform your house into Dale or Lake town house styles!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Ah, makes sense. But I agree with what you said. It would be so nice to decorate the outside skin of our homes too. I absolutely agree that every "hook" should be a universal hook. That would solve so many of my problems because there's always one too many small hooks for me, but always just one more large hook that I wish I had. Or something along those lines. If the allotted amount of hooks we have were all universal, then at least we could have more freedom with things. That would be so nice.

I would be more interested in having some storage come with premium houses we buy with cash. Seems a little worthless to buy housing that shares it's storage with your opening area houses. I detest the entire idea of hooks in housing. I suppose I am accustomed to the open decorating style of homes in Ultima Online. (a 25 year old game) Place your furniture where ever you like, and lock it down. Want more storage, add a chest up to the storage limit of your size house. Oh, and you can also walk up and sit on a chair without having to type /sit. Much better for RP. Lotro is a stunning game that offers magnificent views, a story line I love, and the music system. But when it comes to housing, they sort of fall far behind even some of the older games far older in years.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    I would be more interested in having some storage come with premium houses we buy with cash. Seems a little worthless to buy housing that shares it's storage with your opening area houses. I detest the entire idea of hooks in housing. I suppose I am accustomed to the open decorating style of homes in Ultima Online. (a 25 year old game) Place your furniture where ever you like, and lock it down. Want more storage, add a chest up to the storage limit of your size house. Oh, and you can also walk up and sit on a chair without having to type /sit. Much better for RP. Lotro is a stunning game that offers magnificent views, a story line I love, and the music system. But when it comes to housing, they sort of fall far behind even some of the older games far older in years.
    never played Ultima but as i ve heard it has the best housing system around!
    i m totally against the premium houses cos.....
    1)they are ungly stactures .....
    2)expensive for me......
    3)the cape area is huge for my taste and it looks so abandoned

i d love to see a new neighborhood with the houses closer to each other,
    maybe semi detached somehow, Dale style, with some kinhouses here and there and a casttle in the middle, ofc walkable stone walls surrounding the area!
    i n the current neighborhoods we have huge space between houses makes them look so abandoned!
    ofc many more hooks are needed especially outdoors! at least 3-4!

what would be awesome for me is a casstle type neighborhood with pallisade wall surrounding a npc village with usable fields, a casttle in the middle which will be the housing area, bought by a kin!
    with every kin member want to buy a house in there more should be available auto.......
    central tower should be the kin leaders housing area, towers around for the officers......
    with central area, basement, prison, kitchen, library, and at least 2 bed rooms.....
    while there should be outdoor hooks for everyone to use in the tower and in the npc village and interiors in the casttle again for everyone to use!
    only kin members can use this type of neighborhood and if someone leave the kin, auto abandon the house too!
    dailly quests for reputation and house decor items from the npcs, so kinmembers will spend time in the neghborhood
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar