We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Horse play quest

I know for those who bought Riders of Rohan Legendary edition you got exclusive Horse play quest you can never get it again, however would it be possible to add another Horse play quest that was different and unrelated to RoR exclusive? would be nice if could, always wanted to play as a horse.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

I've been thinking about this a lot myself lately and I'd really love it. I wonder exactly how different it would have to be from the original in order to qualify as "non-exclusive." Different color horse? Different quest names? Different objectives? Different rewards? All or a mix of those? Whatever it is, I'd really love whatever can be done. I wasn't even playing when RoR was released and I've always been pretty bummed about missing out on content this unique. Maybe they could bring back a Horse Play alternative with the release of RoR on the Legendary Servers in February?
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This wasn't a horse play quest. It was a preview of how they intended mounted combat to work (horsing rearing up on hind legs and thrashing opponents with front legs, kicking opponents with hind legs). It was so atrocious that it was completely abandoned and they redid the mounted combat system from scratch. Later on they did add some horseplay quests as dailies, and they are not exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    Later on they did add some horseplay quests as dailies, and they are not exclusive.
    Are you sure about that? If true, how do you go about picking them up?
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This wasn't a horse play quest. It was a preview of how they intended mounted combat to work (horsing rearing up on hind legs and thrashing opponents with front legs, kicking opponents with hind legs). It was so atrocious that it was completely abandoned and they redid the mounted combat system from scratch. Later on they did add some horseplay quests as dailies, and they are not exclusive.
    This is completely wrong on every point.

1. This had nothing to do with mounted combat. This DID have everything to do with attempting to change the animations of mounts. They needed to make mounts feel more animated from the current non-warsteed style that is very inanimate.

2. This absolutely is and was exclusive content. There are no non-exclusive horse session-play quests.

3. They did redo mounted combat but again this had nothing to do with that. Mounted combat started out similar to how the Thrymm session play in Wildermore used to play like.

Back on topic, I think they could probably add more horse session-play. It would have to be nothing related to the current exclusive horse session-play of course.
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I know for those who bought Riders of Rohan Legendary edition you got exclusive Horse play quest you can never get it again, however would it be possible to add another Horse play quest that was different and unrelated to RoR exclusive? would be nice if could, always wanted to play as a horse.
    As long as it isn't released half baked and left to rot. Turbine and it's new projects used to irritate the(bad word begins with "F") out of me because of that.

Yes to a new horse play quest. I'd like to do a horse run instead of a chicken run.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

sorry i didn't make it clear I'm talking about the exclusive session play quest you got, where you play as a horse, just like the chicken session play quest you play as a chicken. this has nothing to do with mounted combat.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

I support a "Free Range Horse" chain, akin to the chicken session play; and open to all with Riders of Rohan, however it was acquired.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I support a "Free Range Horse" chain, akin to the chicken session play; and open to all with Riders of Rohan, however it was acquired.
    This! Signed! I also missed out on the Original, since I wasn't employed at the moment and couldn't afford it.

Now, down to reality, I do not think we are gonna get it... for RoI we got cosmetics so it wouldn't surprise me if another outfit is released in February...

Something tells me the only gameplay related work is just gonna be more "scaling" of instances tailored to stats provided by Mote-gear (and ruin the fun of getting the old sets Erebor/Hytbold sets - needless to say im generalizing here).
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Sometime i ask to myself if you are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    Why? The chicken play in Shire was actually fun. I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    Thank you for your contribution.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

/bump. still would like see something like this, perhaps a limited one time thing like before but a different style horse. I know they recently did this for exclusive armour sets changing the look slightly for VIP/Legendary servers as one time limited thing.

I have that on original account and like to see get access to that feature again, even for LP, I don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Ooh, I second this! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd also love to have the chicken run go to Mt. Doom, but that's another topic...but I wasn't around when this horse quest first happened. Wasn't there a really cool cloak you could get with a horse head on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Creah View Post
    Ooh, I second this! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd also love to have the chicken run go to Mt. Doom, but that's another topic...but I wasn't around when this horse quest first happened.
    Free range horse yes, but wouldn't want it open to all, it should be exclusive limited one time thing to have unlocked like before, maybe this time for VIPs only to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Creah View Post
    Wasn't there a really cool cloak you could get with a horse head on it?
    Yes you got a special cloak, Cloak of the Equine.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Apr 08 2021 at 11:18 AM.

I have the collector edition of RoR and agree that the "horsing around" horseplay quests and the cloak were fun!

It is a shame that this is not available to newer players and agree with previous comment that it would be a value add to a VIP account.

They do have the technology to differentiate quest offerings based on account status. My VIP accounts that have WoTP can obtain the VIP WoTP quest from the VIP rewards quest giver that gives a housing decoration map table that provides instant transport to annak'khurfu useable only by VIP subscribers. My VIP without WoTP can see the VIP WoTP quest, but when I click on it, it says "unlock" and takes me to the store when I try to get the quest. The Premium account could use the subscibers only map table only while VIP but was not able to use it once back to Premium. My Premium account without WoTP and my Premium account with WoTP can not even interact with VIP rewards quest giver so cannot see anything.

To make a short story long.... having similar quests for horse play could be a value add for a VIP account and provide additional incentives for remaining VIP beyond one month.

It would be even more awesome to have similar VIP value added quests for all the expansions!

Just my opinion