We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bullroarer Update 25.3 - Preview #1

Bullroarer is closed.

New Minas Morgul instances are now available for your feedback. They are not 100% done, so please feel free to yell at us about bugs and balance, etc. We will only have a short preview this week, but there will be another Bullroarer deployment early next week.

News and Notes:
    • Bullroarer will remain open until Friday afternoon (01/10). Time subject to change.
    • Bullroarer will return early next week.
    • Character Copy to Bullroarer is available. Shared Item transfer is currently disabled.
    • Character Copy is failing in some cases, we will attempt to solve that problem for the next round.

Instances
    • Bar Nirnaeth, The Houses of Lamentation
      • KNOWN ISSUE: The final Boss in this instance is not working correctly. This will be sorted in an upcoming build

• Ghashan-Kutot, The Halls of Black Lore
    • The Fallen Kings

Classes
    • Captain Heralds now deal Westernesse damage.
    • Lore-master pets now deal Beleriand damage.

Crafting
    • New gear can now be crafted by Tailors, Metalsmiths, Weaponsmiths, and Woodworkers.
    • The recipe for "Cooked Carrots" has been changed to require butter and water instead of lard.
    • The recipe for "Stuffed Cabbage" has been changed to require a potato instead of a pork shank.
    • Softly Moonlit Essences now disenchant to a Malleable Moonlit Essence. Malleable Moonlit Essences are required to craft more powerful Essences.
    • Needful Ingenuity's tooltip now has its proper bonus.
    • Anorien Critical Captain Armaments now offer extra statistics.

Items
    • Armour items from the sets "of the Vale", "of the Maw", "of the Vale's Armouries", and "Shadow-bent" are now correctly dyeable.
    • Sleeping Cat housing decorations can now be placed in a small yard hook in addition to the large furniture hook.
    • Item level bonuses for gear has been corrected for Minas Morgul Instance Tiers.
    • 50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil can now be traded for one Relic of Minas Ithil.
    • Draigoch Scales now go into Crafting Carry-alls.
    • Scrolls of Universal Crafting Lore now stack with crafted Lore Scrolls.

Quests and Adventure Areas
    • Corrected some terrain and placement issues in Minas Morgul landscapes.
    • Some polish has been made to Minas Morgul end game quests.
    • Defeating a Gauntman in the Gauntord instance now has a slight chance to drop a Tier 1 Reputation Relic.
    • Swift Travel is now possible from Hultvis to Vegbar.
    • A more convenient defeat location inside of Minas Morgul is now available for "Gothmog's Rage" and "A Vengeful Heart".
    • Three-person Instances now receive the solo version of the Scion mob effects.
    • The "Scion of Spite" (Duelist) and Scion effect "Defiance" (Protector) scion buffs have been reduced.
    • Housing neighborhood stable-master routes to other neighborhoods will now be properly discovered when you speak to a neighborhood stable-master. Several routes offered by the neighborhood stable-masters now correctly require a current or previous subscription to travel for silver. Travel between neighborhoods, to Festival locations, and to starting areas remain available for silver with no restrictions.

Traits
    • The Minstrel's Inspiring Cries and Calls has had its text updated to accurately reflect its duration.

UI
    • The text description for Might has been updated for Champions, Guardians, and Beornings.
    • Class items such as Runekeeper satchels now have a visibility toggle in the Appearance UI.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Jan 14 2020 at 05:21 PM.

Character Copy from the Live worlds to Bullroarer is now available through the Transfer button in the game launcher. NOTE: Character Transfers and Shared Account Transfers remain disabled.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Character Copies are once again available to Bullroarer for the preview with a caveat: The system is only partially working, and some number of characters will not yet copy to Bullroarer. Affected characters will likely not be able to be copied to Bullroarer this preview.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

T3 6-man Minas Morgul feedbacks

Bar Nirnaeth, The Houses of Lamentation T3:

Door at the entrance is bugged and doesn't allow you to leave instance.

Trash to boss 1:
    - Very little damage from mobs.

Boss 1:
    - Complete lack of mechanics on this boss fight, making it extremely dull and boring.
    - Lack of morale on boss.
    - Lack of damage on boss.
    - Platforms in middle are bugged, preventing the boss to move and reset properly.

This fight needs a rework, to make it more challenging.

Boss 2:

- Complete lack of mechanics on this boss fight, making it extremely dull and boring.

Boss 3:

- Fight was bugged on first Bullroarer build and couldn't be started.

Ghashan-Kútot, The Halls of Black Lore T3:

Trash to boss 1:
    - Theres huge amount of trash mobs upstairs and on sides, which are leading nowhere making it very weird looking.

Boss 1:
    - Needs little bit more mechanics to make the fights more challenging.
    - Platforms in middle are bugged, preventing the boss to move and reset properly.

Boss 2:

This fight needs a rework, to make it more challenging, part with Skourgrim Dourhand is fine, he just needs more morale and maybe small nerf to the bleed.

The Fallen Kings T3:

- Other Nazguls could use a significant boost to damage and morale.
    - Interupts need to be more punishing.
    - It's nice that the nazgul waves are always random, keeps the instance fun and refreshing.
    - Sometimes when you kill the nazguls, it bugs and new ones don't come out and are just stuck behind the invisible wall.

Overall I think this instance is the hardest and it's on point with mechanics, could just use little bit more love.

solo versions only

So bar nirnaeth, first boss and random adds, on solo version they were all pretty easy
    Going to where i thought the second boss or the next area would be, the little pit of red water where either the boss would be or would lead to the next area, did not spawn anything nor drop the gate.
    The lore house, random adds on solo version were pretty simple, that one shadow armor, had a one shot mechanic but really you just needed to interrupt him and its not a big deal.
    The remembered bosses were all fine until skorgrim, and then the knock backs, and the slows are insane, plus skorgrim takes next to no damage, even with your ranger buddies, this fight seems over tuned for the solo version, much less how it is on the 6 man. I do not feel that the average player would be able to get past this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    Bar Nirnaeth, The Houses of Lamentation T3:

Trash to boss 1:

Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

- Fight was bugged on first Bullroarer build and couldn't be started.

Ghashan-Kútot, The Halls of Black Lore T3:

Trash to boss 1:
    - Theres huge amount of trash mobs upstairs and on sides, which are leading nowhere making it very weird looking.

Boss 1:

Boss 2:

This fight needs a rework, to make it more challenging, part with Skourgrim Dourhand is fine, he just needs more morale and maybe small nerf to the bleed.

The Fallen Kings T3:

- Other Nazguls could use a significant boost to damage and morale.
    - Interupts need to be more punishing.
    - It's nice that the nazgul waves are always random, keeps the instance fun and refreshing.
    - Sometimes when you kill the nazguls, it bugs and new ones don't come out and are just stuck behind the invisible wall.

Overall I think this instance is the hardest and it's on point with mechanics, could just use little bit more love.
    +1 all the instances need their bosses/trash mobs morale and dmg upped by quite a bit especially on t3 which really just feels like a tier 2 difficulty wise. Things die too fast for 6 people and deal very little damage. We literally did tier 3 bar Nirnaeth boss 1+2 with 2 dps and 1 tank that's how crazy it is atm, a tier 3 boss fight especially at release should never be able to be 3manned without healer or debuffer. I gotta say tho doing the boss fights with 2 dps and a tank the morale was quite okay but for a 6man is too low. It can even be duo'd atm but for that the morale is a bit too much and its not intended to be duo'd tho or so i hope. More mechanics at especially the bar Nirnaeth bosses very welcome too

Something that I've been noticing for a while in instances - Boss skill damage and damage from dots is generally well balanced, but boss auto attack damage is not

That's what you are seeing in Bar Nirnaeth currently, the mechanics are just not implemented and the bosses only do autoattacks. Which don't deal nearly enough damage compared to healer's hps and tank's selfhealing

The same thing is also true in pretty much all the 3mans, puddles do fine damage as do the special attacks from bosses or the dots applied by wargs (harrowing) but the bosses themselves with their autoattacks do no damage at all

There seems to be a general scaling problem with autoattack damage

Specific things about the instances
    Bar Nirnaeth bosses lack all mechanics, so kinda hard to say anything about balancing
    Boss 1 seems fine morale wise (~75 million if you add up all 4 phases), Boss 2 could have more
    Boss 2 spawned a t1 chest in t3 for us
    Boss 3 does not activate
    All adds except for the Morroval at the end are too weak

Fallen Kings: Nazgul need either more morale or faster spawn time..currently you have a downtime between 2 pairs because you kill them too fast
    Last edited by Chris91; Jan 10 2020 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Something that I've been noticing for a while in instances - Boss skill damage and damage from dots is generally well balanced, but boss auto attack damage is not

That's what you are seeing in Bar Nirnaeth currently, the mechanics are just not implemented and the bosses only do autoattacks. Which don't deal nearly enough damage compared to healer's hps and tank's selfhealing

The same thing is also true in pretty much all the 3mans, puddles do fine damage as do the special attacks from bosses or the dots applied by wargs (harrowing) but the bosses themselves with their autoattacks do no damage at all

There seems to be a general scaling problem with autoattack damage

Specific things about the instances
    Bar Nirnaeth bosses lack all mechanics, so kinda hard to say anything about balancing
    Boss 1 seems fine morale wise (~75 million if you add up all 4 phases), Boss 2 could have more
    Boss 2 spawned a t1 chest in t3 for us
    Boss 3 does not activate
    All adds except for the Morroval at the end are too weak

Fallen Kings: Nazgul need either more morale or faster spawn time..currently you have a downtime between 2 pairs because you kill them too fast
    Agree on the auto-attack point.

Hmmm...I asked for the Blazon in Echad Uial to be moved, not removed.
    Jewahe

Some classes got their rating buffs scaled up but guard didn't get scaled completely. Only the Physical mastery of warriors heart and Guardians ward got scaled up. The armour debuff in yellow is still the same and now half that of Champions Rend while it used to be BETTER than Champs Rend.

Also warriors heart still gives guard 902 incoming heal rating. And ofcourse adaptability is still 900 rating per tier (3 tiers untill u use a response skill) way too weak. Pls fix

So, i just noticed that either intentionally or unintentionally the Devs have NERFED they DMG of the CREEPS ??!
    My warg on the live servers (r13) is dealing (dmg taken from the tooltip) 27k.... on Bullroarer my warg (r15) is dealing (again dmg tagen from the tooltip) only 24k ? ....
    That is not only less dmg, its less dmg despide beeing a higher rank !
    Would be nice to know if that was intentionally or not, since is again a step backwards in macking pvmp somewhat balanced.
    Earlier i even saw a thread wher a reaver also noted that their DMG and also Dying Rage got nerfed, so its not only a warg Problem.
    Can any blue name give an answer here?

Minas Morgul Gear Barterer------

Just seeing if there is a way in next Bullroarer Preview to make teal jewellery(from t3 6mans) and teal armor(from t5 3mans) available from the minas morgul gear barterer. The higher item level we can all test with the better; because people without the teals on live server(from t5 3man) cannot copy the gear over that they do not already have, therefore not giving people opportunity to test dps/stats in general with maxed out gear.

Even only the gear from the t5 3mans(minas morgul) being available would help people better see where they are at in terms of numbers.

****ALSO Lamination *last* boss has 2 bugs I have seen; 1- Does not trigger portal to outside. 2- Once at final boss after running through canyon, boss does not trigger fight to start.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    -
    Basically you are saying that everything is "meehhh" and you are asking NOW for T3 being like T5 (which will be coming for sure).
    Really interesting[tm] approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadmybioArkBurg View Post
    Just seeing if there is a way in next Bullroarer Preview to make teal jewellery(from t3 6mans) and teal armor(from t5 3mans) available from the minas morgul gear barterer.
    NO!
    This items you need to earn in the instances. I hated SSG's approach for many years to put gear in instances which you would need to do that instances.
    It is absolutely essential that every one who is testing the instances, do the tests with a "normal" gear from live-server.
    If players testing with the absolute BiS gear, they will come here and giving BS like "Lack of morale on boss and lack of damage on boss" as feedback and SSG will again create instances which are overdone in mob's damage and morale.
    I do not want see any trash-mobs in instances with 10 million of morale, just because of over-geared testing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Basically you are saying that everything is "meehhh" and you are asking NOW for T3 being like T5 (which will be coming for sure).
    Really interesting[tm] approach.
    No..the bosses in Bar Nirnaeth have NO mechanics at all and also do no damage

There's pretty clearly something missing in that instance

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    NO!
    This items you need to earn in the instances. I hated SSG's approach for many years to put gear in instances which you would need to do that instances.
    It is absolutely essential that every one who is testing the instances, do the tests with a "normal" gear from live-server.
    If players testing with the absolute BiS gear, they will come here and giving BS like "Lack of morale on boss and lack of damage on boss" as feedback and SSG will again create instances which are overdone in mob's damage and morale.
    I do not want see any trash-mobs in instances with 10 million of morale, just because of over-geared testing.
    No harm done by putting everything available on live servers on some NPC at E&G. With the copy problem going on, we had to do the 6man with no copied Lore-Master available last preview, a situation that could have easily been mitigated by current gear being available in E&G. I'm not talking about new gear from 6man, just all old gear would be sufficient, 3man drops, relics for crafted gear and so on. The gear available in E&G right now does not suffice to create a character ready to test the new 6man instances with from scratch, and you can't copy all your characters as some copies simply fail.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    No..the bosses in Bar Nirnaeth have NO mechanics at all and also do no damage

There's pretty clearly something missing in that instance
    Yes i know. What do you else expect from alfa-stage content?
    But i know also, that i read that type of feedback many times before and i know what SSG is going to do, since the devs don't play the game.

Bullroar Character Reset

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know, when they will reset the current characters on the Bullroar Server?
    Should I wait before getting my characters raid-ready on Bullroar, if I want to check out the next raid or not?

Btw: sorry for posting it here, if it's wrong. I'm kinda new to the forum.

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Pumaking217 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Does anybody know, when they will reset the current characters on the Bullroar Server?
    Should I wait before getting my characters raid-ready on Bullroar, if I want to check out the next raid or not?

Btw: sorry for posting it here, if it's wrong. I'm kinda new to the forum.

Thank you in advance
    There are no plans to wipe the database before the next Preview, so feel free to copy your characters now. If the copy goes through they will be there for the server opening planned for later this week.

(To be clear, the current Previews on Bullroarer are not for the raid. There's still some time until that. When we are ready to test the raid we will announce whether there will be a database wipe or not.)
    Quality Assurance Tester
    Standing Stone Games
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf