We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Curator Festival

First there was never any explanation given for why the bet Figment of Splendor vendor was removed some time ago. Then it returns, now named Curator. However, most if not all players have no idea when she will show up or when she will disappear. SSG is making it extremely difficult to plan your Figment needs. Especially for paying members, this seems a less than acceptable level of customer service. How hard is it to at the VERY least send out a schedule for the festival Curator??? The Yule schedule immediately was updated with the one day extension ; you mean you couldn't at that same time thow us a bone in the form of the Curator schedule. This is becoming quite irritating to many players, both new and old. SSG do us a favor....get it together with the Curator. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbhail View Post
    First there was never any explantion given for why the bet Figment of Splendor vendor was removed some time ago. Then it returns, now named Curator. However, most if not all players have no idea when she will show up or when she will disappear. SSG is making it extremely difficult to plan your Figment needs. Especially for paying members, this seems a less than acceptable level of customer service. How hard is it to at the VERY least send out a schedule for the festival Curator??? The Yule schedule immediately was updated with the one day extenstion ; you mean you couldn't at that same time thow us a bone in the form of the Curator schedule. This is becoming quite irritating to many players, both new and old. SSG do us a favar....get it together with the Curator. Thank you.
    I fully agree with Derbhail. Just leave her there all the time or have her out at the same time as festivals. Also, why is she called a curator? She's not in a museum. She just idles about a fountain when she can be bothered to show up.

I was so disappointed to see this as well. I, like many people , love to do the festivals, and spend the resulting figgies. It was only by chance that I knew she was back when someone in world pointed it out , there was no announcement of her arrival or her departure. If she worked for me I'd fire her and get a more reliable worker! Taking away the curator takes away some of the festival fun, please rethink this frankly bewildering approach to something we really enjoy.

Signed! Having a figment cap along with the curator's erratic appearance does nothing to enhance my enjoyment of the game. It is frustrating and pointless-unless the point was to annoy your customers, in which case it is working quite well! Just bring her back with festivals!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosadora View Post
    I was so disappointed to see this as well. I, like many people , love to do the festivals, and spend the resulting figgies. It was only by chance that I knew she was back when someone in world pointed it out , there was no announcement of her arrival or her departure. If she worked for me I'd fire her and get a more reliable worker! Taking away the curator takes away some of the festival fun, please rethink this frankly bewildering approach to something we really enjoy.
    There were several posts earlier in 2019 that attempted to explain the "seasonal vendors" such as the Curator, Rowan Raspberry, and Filbert Fig. We do know that they will randomly appear, and disappear, but that at least 1 vendor should be active.

That said, we don't know all the mechanics or really even have solid direction on what is meant by the term "seasonal vendor" ... a topic I tried (apparently without success) to get clarity on in this post - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...asonal-Vendors
    Aldosi - Ithil; Aldowine - Arkenstone; Aldogost - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by JH15547 View Post
    There were several posts earlier in 2019 that attempted to explain the "seasonal vendors" such as the Curator, Rowan Raspberry, and Filbert Fig. We do know that they will randomly appear, and disappear, but that at least 1 vendor should be active.

That said, we don't know all the mechanics or really even have solid direction on what is meant by the term "seasonal vendor" ... a topic I tried (apparently without success) to get clarity on in this post - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...asonal-Vendors
    Attempted? It has been fully explained to you. The keyword is 'unexpected'. The vendor turns up when you least expect it so you are not ready with figments. Then, she has stuff you desperately want so you turn to lootboxes to get currency fast.

Is this a bad thing? Remember, all this stuff is cosmetic. Well, the dummy and the banker both have utility, but they don't make you stronger. So if I have to choose between them making money on cosmetics this way or selling LI accessory catch-up boxes as the only way to really catch up, I will have to pick the former.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Attempted? It has been fully explained to you. The keyword is 'unexpected'. The vendor turns up when you least expect it so you are not ready with figments. Then, she has stuff you desperately want so you turn to lootboxes to get currency fast.

Is this a bad thing? Remember, all this stuff is cosmetic. Well, the dummy and the banker both have utility, but they don't make you stronger. So if I have to choose between them making money on cosmetics this way or selling LI accessory catch-up boxes as the only way to really catch up, I will have to pick the former.
    Here's the thing though. I have lots of toons. I was logging into the game that I pay for and playing them, trying to finish the first wrapper quest on as many as possible so I could get some stuff from the curator. Now she's gone before the festival is over. No sense in playing any more than necessary now to get the festival fluff I want-I don't like wasted effort or figments. So fluff maven that I am, I can apparently add the curator to an increasing number of things (like end game gear) that require lootboxes-which I will not buy. Again, paying customer here who buys points on the side-and wants to earn her goodies in the game. If they want to make money from fluff, then they just need to put it in the store. I would have bought some of the hobbit present Yule things there as well.

I really don't understand how discouraging folks from playing is good business sense. And quite frankly, if enough stuff gets gated behind an additional pay/RNG wall, then there's no sense in paying for the game.
    Last edited by Dolamrothdame; Jan 05 2020 at 10:38 AM.

Is the Curator involved in the Spanish Inquisition? Because you know...

It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood