We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to restart Vol I Book 5 -- Fire and Ice?

OK, so I goofed. When activating the first Obelisk in Book 5, Vol I, Fire and Ice (Fire and Ice), I hit Cancel instead of Accept. So I could no longer activate the obelisks in Treasury of Helegrod.

Um. I exited and restarted the Instance. No good, still no obelisks quest. Then I was "clever", and cancelled the Book 5 The Last Refuge quest from Glóin. I could pick it up again, and restart, right?

Well, NO.

Now there is no quest from Glóin to continue Book 5 after I cancelled, and returned to Glóin's Camp.

What do I do now?

I'd really like to continue the Quest Line.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola

Doesn't it, Fire & Ice, start with Elrond? Check your completed quests against this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Book_5_Quests

I'm a bit confused as to how you got to Fire & Ice if you hadn't done Last Refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Doesn't it, Fire & Ice, start with Elrond? Check your completed quests against this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Book_5_Quests

I'm a bit confused as to how you got to Fire & Ice if you hadn't done Last Refuge.
    Perfect, thank you! The answer was, "Speak to Elrond", not Glóin.

I may have had the quest names mixed up (I checked with LotRO Wiki, since there was nothing on my quest tracker to help).

Curious why one may "cancel" the quest from within the instance with a wrong button press. Especially with the button named "Continue quest", I'm feeling like either I did something horribly dumb, or there may be a once-in-a-while bug.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola

Sounds like you cancelled the "in instance" quest to start with, as you state in your post you later cancelled the Epic quest. Many instances have quests that are only bestowed inside them both solo only instances and group instances. These quests should re-bestow after the instance resets or after some daily or weekly cool-down depending on the particular "in instance" quest.How long did you wait before restarting the instance. Sometimes it can take up to 15 min being outside of an instance before the instance resets. There is also a 5 min cool-down before you can reacquire a cancelled quest of any kind if I remember correctly.
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    Sounds like you cancelled the "in instance" quest to start with, as you state in your post you later cancelled the Epic quest. Many instances have quests that are only bestowed inside them both solo only instances and group instances. These quests should re-bestow after the instance resets or after some daily or weekly cool-down depending on the particular "in instance" quest.How long did you wait before restarting the instance. Sometimes it can take up to 15 min being outside of an instance before the instance resets. There is also a 5 min cool-down before you can reacquire a cancelled quest of any kind if I remember correctly.

I think I figured it out on the second run of the instance.

I hit "Continue quest" after activating the first obelisk inside Helegrod Treasury. I saw it showed 0/3 obelisks completed. I have run this quest many times before (I've been laying around 11 years), but it's been a while, so I forgot that the first obelisk which activates the quest does not count toward the 0/3. So I made bad assumptions, and thought I has messed something up.

DEV REQUEST: Change the quest to 0/4 obelisks to activate, and count the initial one as 1/4. This will make it clear to those unfamiliar with the quest (and folks like me who just didn't remember) that everything is just fine.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola