We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Lotro never installed Akamai to begin with. and is not uppdating nothing was stry this morgning and still nothing happing.
    so Silorien check the stuff. and i reinstall the game to chech if is working same dont work at all.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    58
    Anyone still having problems, did you try starting a client repair? It's what kicked off the file download for one player affected I was in contact with.

    (For anyone that might not know how to do that, open up lotro client, then click on the small triangle pointing downwards, select options. There's a tab called repair available, and on this tab you can find a button to actually start off the repair process)

  3. #53
    i have client repair and reinstall the game 2 times and still same thing dont work.
    This is a separate issue from the previous Steam issue, i dont youse steam.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamblood View Post
    i have client repair and reinstall the game 2 times and still same thing dont work.
    This is a separate issue from the previous Steam issue, i dont youse steam.
    Did you try manually downloading and adding the missing files to your installation? Client repair seems to not work for everyone affected, sadly.

  5. #55
    hi
    sorry adding the missing files to your installation?? which missing files?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamblood View Post
    hi
    sorry adding the missing files to your installation?? which missing files?
    For some people, new installations of the game are missing some crucial files to be able to run. Earlier in this thread, we were able to find all missing files and I've uploaded them so anyone experiencing this kind of problem could just download and manually add them. If you're interested, you can just go backwards and read the thread, but I'll quickly summarize below (granted, I'll copy paste this as I've written it multiple times now. Apologies).


    First, you'll want to find a file called "lotroclient.exe". Easiest way to do so is right-clicking your game shortcut, selecting "Open Containing Folder" until you end up in a folder with lots of .dat files. You should be able to find "lotroclient.exe" there, you'll also want to look for a sub directory called "x64", containing (among others) another file called "lotroclient64.exe". Keep both folders open, then grab the files from the link I provided below. There's two folders provided, x86 and x64.
    You'll have to copy all files provided in the x86 folder inside the same folder you found "lotroclient.exe" in. Make sure to not put them into any sub directory, they have to be inside the same folder "lotroclient.exe" is in for this to work. Next, you'll need to do the same for "lotroclient64.exe", this time using all files provided in my x64 folder and putting the files inside lotro's "x64" sub-directory (the folder where "lotroclient64.exe" is located).

    Missing files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w

    Good luck!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    58
    Okay i just installed fresh windows (had to after a long time) and steam version of lotro is a bare bone installation, does not include c++ and few dll files are missing even after c++, and without Silverrider files i would not be able to play....i hope you guys can fix this issue soon.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    For some people, new installations of the game are missing some crucial files to be able to run. Earlier in this thread, we were able to find all missing files and I've uploaded them so anyone experiencing this kind of problem could just download and manually add them. If you're interested, you can just go backwards and read the thread, but I'll quickly summarize below (granted, I'll copy paste this as I've written it multiple times now. Apologies).


    First, you'll want to find a file called "lotroclient.exe". Easiest way to do so is right-clicking your game shortcut, selecting "Open Containing Folder" until you end up in a folder with lots of .dat files. You should be able to find "lotroclient.exe" there, you'll also want to look for a sub directory called "x64", containing (among others) another file called "lotroclient64.exe". Keep both folders open, then grab the files from the link I provided below. There's two folders provided, x86 and x64.
    You'll have to copy all files provided in the x86 folder inside the same folder you found "lotroclient.exe" in. Make sure to not put them into any sub directory, they have to be inside the same folder "lotroclient.exe" is in for this to work. Next, you'll need to do the same for "lotroclient64.exe", this time using all files provided in my x64 folder and putting the files inside lotro's "x64" sub-directory (the folder where "lotroclient64.exe" is located).

    Missing files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w

    Good luck!

    Thanks so much for all your work on this! I've followed your suggestions and copied your files over (my installation had the x86 files already), but I'm still missing four files:

    en-US.pak
    fr.pak
    de.pak
    cef_extensions.pak


    Anyone have any ideas where I might find them?

    Thanks!


    Update: I got the files from my laptop, but 64 bit still won't run. The only thing in the log that looks like an error is an SSL certificate failure, but it doesn't look fatal. I did find this article: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...g-Play-button- and I will attempt those steps. Otherwise, since the 32-bit is working, I will do that for my scheduled run tomorrow.
    Last edited by Teruvian; Jan 18 2020 at 08:37 PM.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload